Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, October 12

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Tuesday, October 12

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:13 am

Good Sunny Morning.................

Not much going on here. I'm working hard on cleaning the house.

For years I've been looking for a good set of sheets. The last set was so short in width it didn't cover the side of the mattress. I had to add a piece of fabric one of the sides. Good thing I'm a quilter & have plenty of fabric around! A few weeks ago one of the knitting ladies said she bought sheets from LL Bean & she loves them. Even they are a little pricey. Well I bought a set, yellow, I love them!! That was the high point of my week. I'm thinking if getting an other set with flowers.

Love & Prayers.............Kathy

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:57 am

Kathy, it's little things like that that make the world right. Glad you found good sheets.

So there is a lot of negativity about Covid on here. People that are vaccinated are getting it and people that aren't are getting it. Some have no reaction, some die. Most people I know that had it, have had a very mild case. And most were not vaccinated. And yes that is with the variant out there. There is so much they don't know at this point, almost 2 years later. So let's stop pointing fingers at who's at fault. Going out when you are positive is reckless. You could expose someone and not even know it. Protect yourself and your loved ones as best you can. This will eventually end, and we'll move on to whatever else comes along. I suggest we leave the negativity out of the conversation.

Suzette, nice quilt you made for your DH. I bet he is a happy guy.

It's windy here today. I took Jack and Wrigley for their walk. They are passed out now. I've been working on a Halloween wall hanging. I was making the wool flowers Chriss sent me, and remembered I wanted to finish up the other wool project. It's almost done, so I'll go back to the flowers later today.

Have a wonderful day. Be kind to each other.
Lori 8-)

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:42 am

Prayers for those who are ill.
I am having trouble with the altitude and this old house. DH had cats before I moved in and the carpet in the master bedroom has never been changed. I'm allergic to cats. A friend asked me if it's nice to be in a larger living space than our Motorhome....answer is NO. There is so much maintenance that should be done....paint, carpet, etc. Have several appts while here, not sure if I will even get down to my sewing room. I took Minnie out this morning for her walk, came back in and checked my oxygen level. It was 89. I took 2 puffs of Pro Air Inhaler and now have level up to 96, which is about as good as I get at almost 8,000 feet. I think the altitude makes me more tired and I don't have much get up and go. We will be on the road in 2 weeks.
I forgot to bring the empty trash container into the garage last night. Found it turned over by the garage door with a smashed in bottom and a large tooth hole. Guess there's a bear in the area.
Hope everyone can hug some fabric today.
Lyn

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:04 pm

Hi everyone!
Maryz, the night we're keeping Matthew his parents will be about 4 hours away so I hope he does ok. I think I'll borrow Easton for that night so they can sleep in the same room.
I'm on my phone and can't go back to see page 1. But I see most are feeling better, a true blessing and I'm very glad ❤
We have wind too Lyn and it was a cold wind. I think it knocked at least 100 pecans off each of our trees.
Walmart was having hiccups with their system. Dad's order was supposed to be ready at 4 but it wasn't till 8..... it was a lot colder at 8 LOL makes a person wake up for sure.
I'm working in another Christmas quilt.
Prayers for all in need.
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”