Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, October 12

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Tuesday, October 12

Post by suzette58 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:34 am

Good morning everyone.
I am planning on finishing hubby’s John Deere quilt today. Then I will order the backing for it. Yesterday was hubby’s birthday and we didn’t do a whole lot. We just spent the day together and went out to a late lunch. My next quilt is going to be Elizabeth Hartman’s Fancy Forest. I have made one before and love them. Not much else going on. I am going to get my second cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday, October 12

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:59 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,

Today will be a sewing day and there is some wash that needs to be done I finished the black and white Gingham throw just making a bear paws pillow to go with it.
After that I will cut sashing for the dinosaur 🦕 quilt.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:08 am

Good morning,,It will be laundry day, and a few chores...a trip to the market and that will take care of today.
We had a nice lunch with my sister before she headed to the airport. My other sister gave us free takes on the bags of stuff she got. Needles , floss, ( this lady tied a lot of quilts with floss) a whole cloth kit, some bab y quilt embroidery kits, I got 7 1/2 yards of very old Paris themed fabric in black and white..We decided someone smoked in her house (stinky) so I figured if the smell came out I could use it for a backing, if not would get trashed ...I washed it and the smell is gone,,,I ironed about half of it (its in 3 pieces) so it will go in the backing shelf.
Well I have laundry to do and shopping, Coffee first. Hope you all have a great day, XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:30 am

Good morning to all!
DS and "crew" the rest of the family loaded a truck yesterday. DS and best friend, Ray, are in New Jersey right now. So they are on 95 now for the long ride to Myrtle Beach. They hope not to hit to much traffic in rush hour in Washington area. Either way, what choice is there. The weather looks good for the trip. Fran has till the 29th to work and will retire with over 32 years with the USPS. So happy she is getting out now--to many problems coming down the line with DeJoy in charge.
DS and Ray will be here till Sat. Then on the 30th Joe and Fran will drive down for good. They have plenty of time to settle in-they'll work in the house during the day and come here for dinner and sleeping for a few days. They have a bedroom set on order and they have to call for delivery. (owner of the company lives in my development.) He gave them a nice discount. So far everything is going as planned for them.
Please send a quick prayer for safe travels for my son today.

I hope everyone is feeling better today.--
Coffee is ready. I'll check back later to catch up
MAZE is done. Needed to alter a little. QOV is 60x80 and this pattern was 88 x 88.

Diane

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:02 am

Morning

Doctor appointments today...my 6 month check up with surgeon and plastic surgeon. End of month is oncology appointment. I am doing good.

After that who knows what day will bring.
Flo

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:04 am

Good morning Suzette that sounds like fun finishing one quilt starting another I saw that pattern you at showed me on Facebook with the goats in PJs how cute is that but they were all sold out 🐐🐐🐐

Well yesterday after lunch my son calls he lost taste and smell went and got tested and of course is positive so now little man is staying with us until both the kids can get over the Covid so far little man’s showing no symptoms so hopefully he wasn’t around his mom all week last week when she tested positive but William brought little man yesterday so we will see and I still have antibodies and I was the only one in contact with them so I’m good

Got my snowman quilt loaded on the long arm this morning yesterday I saw the backing fabrics together so that I could do that so hopefully I can start quilting I haven’t decided what I want to use I’m looking for a snowflake pantagraph right now but I may just improvise one of the winter ones I have

Nothing else new here so hope all of you that are coming down with this crud are feeling better and the rest of us just stay safe
The sad thing is it doesn’t matter if you’ve had your shot or not my daughter-in-law had her shot and was the first to come up positive. I don’t think this virus cares one way or another
Unfortunately yesterday we lost our parishioner his lungs collapsed again and his organs failed and he passed around 2 o’clock yesterday. He too had his shot and was healthy.

Hope we all can do a little stitching today

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:09 am

Good morning everyone! Boy, we slept in today. I understand how I slept late, because I was awake in the middle of the night with my mind that didn't shut off worrying about changing an appointment. Long story, but it was silly to lay awake about it. Anyway, I was shocked that hubby slept in. Boy, he needed that. Getting over his illness will benefit from a great night's sleep. My concerns will be solved as soon as I can call my heart doctor's office and reschedule, again. Problem was, with COVID quarantine, I had to change my appointment last week. He only sees patients here in our town, one day a month. They rescheduled me to Nov. 3. Of course, I said ok to that. I forgot, we will be dog sitting for that whole week. 😞.
Next best thing, if they can squeeze me into an appointment in his home office, it will mean over an hour drive to get there, then another hour+ back home. Just has to be, unless he would delay my follow up until another whole month away ???
Suzette and Lois, will we be blessed to see pictures of your quilts? I sure hope so.
Judi, sure glad the awful smell came out of the fabric. That was quite a find!
Diane, oh, so pray for safe travels!
I can feel your excitement to finally get them all here and begin settling in. So happy for your family.
I have things planned to try Lotto blocks as soon as I get these baby diapers finished.
Cut out two for next size up Size (S), and then two more for Size ( M). That will give her three in newborn, two S and two M. Hopefully she will get more of them gifted from retail stores.
I made 15 soaker pads for inserts. Those will be changed and laundered often. She told me another Aunt was sewing some pads, too.
Two more gals posted while I was typing:

Good luck Flo on appointment. 🙏🙏
Izzy, sorry for Covid news! Hope the kids recover quickly.🙏 Quarantine time seems to go on forever. Great that William can stay with you until they are well again.

Well, coffee ☕☕ time!
Have a fun day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:16 am

Good morning,

JUDI - I hope there's sewing even just a little bit in your day today. If the smoke returns at all, re-wash, hang outside for a few days. If it rains on that fabric, so much the better! This has worked for me with smokey fabric before.

DIANE - wishing safe travels for all your family during their move.

LOIS - What black/white gingham pattern did you do?

SUZETTE - does your hubby know about his JD quilt?

CHRISS - I feel exactly the same way about people needlessly putting kids at risk and taking up all our medical resources. But since you also have Covid, aren't you supposed to be in quarantine yourself?

TINA B - we know you are out there, but it's nice to have you join us!

IZZY - sorry to see your son is positive for Covid. The virus hasn't been stamped out and is mutating like wildfire trying to outsmart the vaccine protection. So some folks sill come up with break-through cases, like Chriss. But it's usually a much milder case than you would have if you hadn't been vaccinated. So, yes, it does matter if you are vaccinated.

VELDA - sorry about your dr appt. Maybe your son could bring the dog to you for that week so you can get to your appt and then you can take dog to him when they get home . . .

SHARONA - please say you're just achy from chores and not getting sick! Hope that nap fixed all!

TINA R - clap, clap, clap!! Well said. I hope Matthew does Ok staying his first night. I remember more than once getting up in the middle of the night to go pick up a kid at my parents.

SHERRY - you have a fun weekend planned - a luncheon, a game, and a visit to Elkhart!

MARY Q - for someone who "did nothing" it seems you got a lot accomplished last few days!

JANA - any idea yet where Michael picked up the virus?

FLO - Is the barn all clean now? Is that where the tractor and mowers, etc will live?

Yesterday we decided we have too much to do in the next few weeks so we cancelled our next camping trip to the ocean for Oct 18-22. We leave for Texas 6 weeks from today. I've been working on Alaska quilt which will take me at least 2, possibly 3 more weeks to finish the top, and my machine is going in for service tomorrow and they say it's 3 weeks turnaround. I will have to get out my back-up machine. I'm starting out this morning with a vet appointment for both Foxy and Scottie. Annual exams, VACCINES. They've gone back to 'parents' having to sit in the parking lot so it will be an hour at least. Probably longer. Two other vet clinics in town have had to completely shut down because of covid. Then I will come home to sew, and sort a little more in my craft closet. I'm taking some of my supplies to Autumn for her library kids' activities and she will give some to Antonio for his school. (he started and operates a private school).

Make your day a good one!
mary z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:11 am

Good morning, it's going to be a nice fall day today.

Maryz, you are right, I should have stayed home and not gone to get my oil changed. they are spreading out their appointments and I did wipe down my steering wheel and door, shifter etc when I got out of the car, and I was put into a waiting area all by myself, but that's no excuse for my carelessness. Other than going to get tested today I won't go anyplace else. I also want to get to negative results before believing I am negative. Seems I also fall into the all about me category from time to time.

Izzy, I think it matters if you get the vaccine. I think ( not a doctor) that everyone can catch it but the severity of the symptoms depends on if you have the vaccine. A friend and I both attended the same event I'm vax'd she isn't. Her symptoms were enough to put her into the hospital, mine gave me a stuffed head and a slight cough.

Nothing new here, hope you all have a super duper day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:22 am

Good morning!

We have absolutely no idea where we picked up this virus. We have racked our brain going over where we could have. Michael is doing better. Getting to be onery with me, especially with wearing his O2. Growl! Need to check his number and see if it is holding. He is getting up and around a bit too.

My Giants won a nailbiter last night. One more win and we move to the next playoff round. Go Giants!

Still no sewing for me. Staying upstairs to take care of Michael. The kids are all getting better too. They are past their quarantine periods. Me too. My quarantine was up yesterday. Ethan has shown no signs either, from when his parents got sick. That's why he stayed with me. I was over my bout with Covid.

Stay safe! This ain't no fun!
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”