Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday October 11th

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Monday October 11th

Post by womster » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:24 am

Greetings, my quilty peeps.

My wagon is draggin' - body aches and I feel and act like I'm 100. Now that I've taken care of all the must do's, I think I'll crank on the electric blanket and take a nap. Stay well! xoxo Sharona

patches4

Post by patches4 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:43 pm

Guilty as charged. I try to read what you my friends are doing. I am doing quilts for charity, pillowcases for operation Christmas Child, and substitute teacher. Sometimes I don’t get to my handiwork and crocheted blankets for Project Linus. I read you folks day episodes to keep me going, encourage and give me positive vibes to keep on track and stay steady. I know I don’t accomplish what you all do but I just keep at it. My new word is yet, I haven’t finished the quilt yet, to keep me positive.

I am so proud of all of you and what you do and accomplish!
Prayers,Hugs, love and be sew happy one and all.
TinaB
Patches4

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:01 pm

Good evening, didn't get to have coffee with you all this morning, had to go get my oil changed.

IT was so windy today that dirt was blowing across the road making it difficult to see while driving. Got home in time for the power to go out. It was off for about 5 hours. The big debate is, do we hook up the generator or not. We didnt and it all worked out.

Not a lot you can cook for dinner with no power, I had planned on making a small ham but only had gas burners so we had ham and eggs. So much for a big dinner.

A friend of mine who refused to get vaccinated is now in the hospital. She went by ambulance this morning. Her symptoms started last Sunday so it took her a week to finally get the help she needed. Why do people do that? Sometimes I wonder if it isn't for the attention.

Tomorrow Jerry and I get retested. Hoping I have negative results although I would like to see two negatives in a row. I have a feeling Jerry's negative will turn into a positive. He is very happy that he quit smoking.

Judi, what fun your sister must have had going through that fabric. I'm so glad you got to spend time with your sisters. what fun. I often wish I had a closer family. We are pretty spread out and don't get together much.

Izzy, nice to have you back in the land of the living. Jerry was just asking me if anyone on the quilt forum had tested positive and I told him that I thought many of us had and if not one of us a family member of one of us. Prayers for your DIL and family.

Velda, I bet when all those Marines get in their dress uniforms you stand a bit taller. Congratulations to your granddaughter, I'm very proud of her too.

Becca, hope you got everything clean and sterile that needs to be clean and sterile.

Maryz, Enjoy cleaning those rocks out of your backpack. sorry the boys have to wait on their quilts, but I bet by waiting they could finagle dinner as a go with. Smart boys. Yep, I have Covid. Jerry just read me a story about a doctor who said his patience was thin with the non vaccinated. He said GET THE SHOT. Not only is it wrong to send a kid to school with covid it's wrong to put our medical people through this. But what I really don't get is the medical people who don't want the vax? I got the flu shot, I had already had both doses of the Vaccine for Covid, let me tell you, I am going to get every single vaccine that is offered to me. Unvaccinated people are putting our kids at risk. It just fries me. It's an all about me society and they aren't thinking of others.

Jana, Hope you got a lot of info from the home health nurse. And I hope Michael heals completely.

Maryq, those diamond paintings are pretty popular. I think I caught Covid when I did the Alzheimer's walk a thon. I really thought I was sick because I had gotten the flu shot the day before the walk. I really never ever thought I would test positive for Covid. Did you make headway on those 5 projects?

Tina, regarding vaccinations, I'm in your boat. A

Sharona, an electric blanket and a nap sounds wonderful, hope yours was perfect.

I hope you all have a great night, some of you are likely already sleeping.

Chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:50 pm

2 down, 1 to go! Go Giants!

Return to “Sew ins”