Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday October 10th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Sunday October 10th

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:10 am

Good morning I am up and not dressed. I have a baby shower for my great niece at noon...so I will hang in my jammies till its time to get ready. I hate baby showers but my youngest sister flew in from florida and it will be a good chance to see ALL my sisters in one place, ( my one brother will be there too )..
And my girls wil be there ( 2 DDILS and DD)
Liams hockey tean is playing in nashville and they have a game this morning unfortunately they are losing,,,but we enjoy the game anyway,,,
Hope to get some sewing done,,,maybe this week,,,have a blessed day,,,My word of the day is Blessed, Kens gram used to say "Oh how the Lord has blessed me". XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Re: Sunday October 10th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:24 am

Good morning, Judi. I love going to baby showers, wedding showers, whatever. It's fun to see friends and relatives.
Check out my photo I shared of Baby diapers I am making for my niece who is planning on using cloth diapers.
It's like sewing doll cloths. πŸ€—
I will be making more and in two or three sizes.
Then I will mail her gift. Shower is in December and it would be a three + hour drive one way for me to attend. Not planning to attend. So this is my gift to her. Want to add a couple of receiving blankets, too.
Hope you enjoy the day
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:11 am

Good morning Judi and Velda,

I have already went to the store they had steaks and meatloaf mix on sale so I went so will be putting a meatloaf in the oven.

Today I will be putting the back and white Gingham quilt together and start the quilting.
Yesterday when I went to hobby lobby I sashing and border print for the dinosaurs quilt so now I will be doing these 2 projects .

Judi and Velda I love baby showers and bridal
I never go off the registry except if they have a theme so I can get an idea for a quilt.
Judi have fun at the baby shower
Velda those diaper covers are really cute

Well thats all the news here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:44 am

Good morning,

JUDI - I do hope you enjoy the shower today. I've only been to one baby shower in the last 28 years and it was also for my great niece. I traveled 75 miles to get there and knew hardly anyone there. It was nice to see my niece and great niece and it was fun to watch her open my gift of a quilt, but otherwise, it wasn't a lot of fun.

VELDA - I'm glad you love showers! And your niece will love that you are going to such special, loving effort for her. She will love those diapers. Will you be making the receiving blankets, too?

LOIS - You've had a productive weekend, getting all the fabrics you needed. What black/white check quilt are you doing? I was only gone for a week but I seem to have missed a lot of things!

CHRISS - sick and ugly! That's it! Well, then, no housework for me! I can't afford to edge any closer to ugly, and sure don't want to be sick! I think I'll sew instead . . .😁 So so sorry to read that Jerry has the man-flu. I know how awful you feel when he is sick. May it be a quick and easy case!

SHARONA - Have you tried rescue organizations for a dog? I wish you could come to our Pierce County shelter. It's a kill shelter and it breaks my heart. I think they are always overrun with pets needing homes.

JANA - what's the word on Michael?

Well, we had more impromptu company last night for supper. Our cruising friends said they'd been back home for 15 days so we figured they were fine, though we did no hugging. They brought pizza and I went to the store for salad fixings and ice cream. We had an enjoyable time and they certainly had a lot of stories to share about their trip to Greece, Croatia, and Venice, Italy. In the little time I had in my sewing room, I finished an Alaska block that needed 'fixing', and made a small present for my elf. DH has my second Halloween block half quilted. If he finishes it today I'll bind it, label them both, and depending on time, maybe we'll go deliver them to the boys. It will be easier to catch them at their homes instead of tracking them down at work tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll be working on another Alaska block. - perhaps two if all goes well.

Happy Sunday!
Mary Z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:17 am

Good morning!

The word on Michael is, Home! I have him here where he belongs. Aaron helped me get him in the house. There are 3 steps in. Then the home oxygen came and we have the concentrator up and running. Michael is able to walk to the bathroom using the walker, but I think in a day or so, the walker won't be necessary. I caught him going from our bedroom, into our bathroom without the walker already. A distance of about 12 feet. He is very weak and tired. Now to get him to eat.

So I am on nursing duty. Oh yes, he swiped the TV remote as he came and laid on the couch, before I even blinked - men! LOL!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:24 am

Jana, so glad to hear Michael is home. Now getting him to rest I'm sure will be a challenge once he starts feeling better.

Mary z you sure got your Halloween quilts together quickly. I'm sure they will be loved.

Chriss, ate you feeling better today?

Lois, how will you quilt the gingham quilt?

Judi, I'm not a fan of baby showers either. Enjoy your family.

Vel, those diapers are darling.

Time to get ready for the Park. DH will be home from breakfast soon. The boys know it's park day and get very excited.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:33 am

Morning
Just back from church. Storm blowing in, so joe and I will get mowing done. Then I will deal with uglies in house while he finishes barn clean up.

Hoping to get to sewing room.
Flo

womster

Post by womster » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:54 am

Good morning!

It has been an interesting 24 hours. My brother-in-law that had the two day spinal surgery refused to go home with oxygen. Long story short, his wife had to call 911 and he is back in the hospital for several more days. Hopefully he has learned his lesson, but time will tell.

Jana - great news that Michael is home.

Maryz - I have checked every rescue organization for poodles and schnauzers and other non-shedding dogs to no avail. There are literally NO small dogs available for adoption/rescue. I feel your frustration and sadness on the high kill shelters.

Today I will be starting some much-neglected chores. I just have not felt like doing much of anything. I'm back to watching church online - our town is in double digits for covid. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:15 am

Hope you are all having a blessed Sunday. I am trying to catch up on my charting and in the midst of that, CG advised me tomorrow is a Holiday so she is not working. Oh my, really. I had to look at the calendar to see what holiday it was. But I did find someone so not all is lost.
Judi I cannot tell you the last time I was at a baby shower, wedding shower or anything like that. I kinda like the little games. Something different. Glad though that you will get to see all your family. The last my sisters and I were all together with my Dad was my sisters funeral in 2016. I wish we were closer but guess it was not meant to be.
Vel such a good idea making those diapers. My grandson's girlfriend was going to use those Charcoal things but they are mighty expensive.
Lois looking forward to pics of the Gingham quilt. All kinds of idea roll around my head, probably all of them wrong.
Maryz wondering what an Alaska block is? I have my blocks laying out on my impromtu cutting table but that is as far as I have gotten. It will be ready for next year.
Jana sending prayers for Michael for a quick recovery.
Zfatcat hope you have a wonderful time at the park!
Flo I missed online church this AM. Dad got up at just the wrong time!
Sharona my chores are neglected most everyday. All I can do to get all these classes done and my sewing sorta caught up. I can proudly say I am the only one in the Fab 40 class who is on time with the schedule!
Chriss hope you are feeling up to par today.

Well I need to get back to my charting and those darn CEU's. Mary I think it was you who asked about them. I need 30 every 2 years and usually don't wait till the last minute. When my job in Concord went out of business I had about 10 then. We were told they would transfer to the new job. Not and now I can't find anyone to get me the information. Some of the ones I take online for my job also have a BRN number so will count for both. I am up to about 13 or 14 hours completed. Just need to keep plugging away at it.

No CG today either so best get and preserve some time.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:12 pm

Good afternoon friendaroonie's, It's going to be a wonderful day today.

Got my covid test results back this morning, I tested positive. I am so so thankful that I got the vaccine, my symptoms could have been so much worse. I only had a stuffy nose and had just had a flu shot so figured I just had the flu. I will get retested on Tuesday.

A friend that I went on the walk a thon with also tested positive, she didn't get the vaccine and her symptoms were worse than mine. In addition to the stuffy head she had aches and a fever. it was awful for her.

Judi, what fun to get to see your siblings, hope there is a group photo suitable for framing that you can share with each of them. what a fun day you are going to have. I'm going to share your word of the day with you, I am also very very blessed.

Velda, your niece will love her diapers and whatever else you make for her. 3+ hours each way is a long trip, would be cool if you could zoom into the fun.

Lois, meatloaf sounds good. I love a meatloaf sandwich with lots of mayo.

Maryz, those boys will sure be surprised when you show up with quilts. So? what did you make for me, uhm I mean your elf? I still haven't gotten into my sewing room to sew for mine. Trying to figure out a something for a teaser, I think her birthday is coming up, or maybe it's not. I love SS.

Jana, thrilled that Michael is home. Before you know it he will be dancing the jig. Be sure to record and share it with us when he does. You can exhale now, what a relief. Men are like stealth ninja's when it comes to grabbing the remote aren't they?

Lori, I am much better. Barely even stuffy anymore. I think it would be fun to go to the park with the pooches. bet they have a fun time.

Flo, grandpa would ask if you battoned down the hatches. then he would say to get under the feathers and stay warm. I had a silly but fun grandpa. Sure hope you got the better end of the deal house uglies vs. barn cleaning.

Sharona, our Covid digits continue to climb too. I've never thought of comparing the negative results against the positive results. I have had one negative and one positive so they should equal each other out I would think? Sorry your BIL is back in the hospital. UGH!!

Valerie, hope your lessons go quickly. I have signed up to take the history of the New Testament through Adult Ed. I have a year to complete it. I also have to do my HICAP training, and I was worried I would have nothing to do if I retired. Silly Silly girl. Hope all is well for you and that your week goes smoothly

This morning I tried a new recipe for low carb "bread" it was very small and was supposed to be like an English Muffin. It was sort of dry so next time I will add a splash of Heavy Whipping Cream or something else low carb to moisten it up. It's called 90 second bread and it would be great as a biscuit with a fried egg on top. I think my next attempt will be to add that egg.

And now it's time to go play in my room. hope you all have a wonderful day.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to β€œSew ins”