Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, October 9th

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Re: Saturday, October 9th

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:31 am

Omg glad the batting wasn't burnt because that would be tragic and that would drive prices up are they the only factory.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:59 am

Good morning!

Thank goodness for firefighters, they knew to save the important stuff, the batting!

Good news with Michael. They changed the oxygen delivery system yesterday and he held numbers. 95, a very good thing! Now, if that number held at 95 overnight, they said it may get released to me this afternoon. So I am just waiting, with baited breath, I know, bad pun, to hear from the hospital. Aaron is recovering very well too. Sarah is as well. Her blood oxygen is 96, they are seeing whose number is highest to claim being the winner! Kids! Oh, forgot my Stu, he is also doing very well in his recovery.

So not much to clean, just mop the master bathroom floor. I cleaned the rest of it last night while I had the Giants game on. We WON! One down, two to go, for this round. Probably right in the middle of the BYU game, this afternoon, I will be driving uptown to SLC to get Michael. There is a fabulous yummy fat pill store, aka, doughnuts, that I will drive through and get a treat for us, on my way to the hospital. Giants play again tonight. Glad that the Utah Utes game is a away game, the hospital is just above the football stadium a block or two. What a mess happens when they play there.

It rained all day, all night and is more to come. The kids next door had a backyard campout with the boys their age, in the Ward They all sat under a large e-z up canopy and had a fire in a fire pit. Then slept in a big tent. I would say, all the creature comforts of home! LOL! Camp is being broke down and cleaned up now.

Stay safe!
Sew something!
Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:05 am

LOIS, I think the Warm Co's only factory is in the tiny town of Elma, WA. We drive by it every time we go to the ocean or to visit Bill's sister. In fact, we drove by it just 18 hours before that fire.

JANA - good news about Michael, but I didn't realize others in your family were sick as well. All with Covid? Gosh! Praying for everybody! Backyard campouts are great fun! We used to do that all the time as kids, only no fancy tents or sleeping bags in those days. Just made a bed with blankets from our beds and slept in the grass. Or occasionally in the loose hay in the barn. But still fun.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:12 am

Yes, Michael shared Covid with, Sarah, who shared with Joseph, and Aaron, who shared with Stu. Even though my test came back negative, I was sick right along with all of them. I recovered the fastest, so I took care of Ethan, who does NOT have it. A California wildfire doesn't move as fast as this did!

womster

Post by womster » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:19 am

Good morning -

Gosh - so glad to hear the batting is ok. It seems like everything is going up in price.

Jana - I hope Michael gets to come home today.

The signup for Medicare wasn't too awful - I had read the big book they send out. And DH's company he retired from (Lockheed Martin) has a third-party company to help with the Pard D/medigap coverage. Still, it took several hours to get through it all.

I am trying to find us another dog. All the pounds around us are empty, except for a couple of big dogs. So I started looking for schnoodle breeders, or even poodles (my DH's favorite breed). A three to six month wait for non-puppy mill dogs. What in the world is going on? Talk about shortages and inflation. I think I mentioned before that a new dog costs almost four times as much as our sweet Bailey. It's nuts! However, we are wanting a dog that has been bred from DNA-tested parents to make sure there are no chronic health problems like we've dealt with in our other three dogs. And I know that costs.

There was a huge fire about 10 miles from here that triggered an all-hands event for the two towns in its path. Thankfully, they were able to get it out. Today is another red flag day - the winds will start up early afternoon. Sure wish we could get some rain or snow. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:54 am

Good morning, it's going to be another cool crisp wonderful day here.

I am still a bit stuffy. Jerry now has the flu. We have both just had flu shots and covid tests. Not sure which is what we really have but in 72 hours we will have covid test results and the 50/50 chance of having either will be a 100% chance of having one of them. My money is on the flu. Also the neighbor I went on the walk a thon with has the same flu.

Suzette, hope you don't over mold, that wouldn't be good, stay dry. Which animal quilt are you doing by Elizabeth Hartman.

Lois, the apple orchard day sounds like it was wonderful.

Velda, I am so looking forward to see what you come up with for those diapers. I bet you will be on Shark Tank before we know it.

Judi, UGH, Muslin. My MIL handed down a few quilts that were made with Muslin, they are all fallen apart and unrepairable. Perhaps it was all she could afford at the time. Sorry your friend took apart all her hard work.

Flo, is there anything fun in the barn? I love rummaging through stuff.

Maryz, smart not going to be with friends who just came back from a trip. With even vaccinated people getting Covid you never can be too sure. It is a crazy virus and the mutations are coming fast it seems. The boys will love their Halloween quilts. Cleaning makes you sick as well as ugly. I was perfectly healthy until I dusted the house.

Jana, glad everyone is feeling better there. Hope you do get to pick up Michael this afternoon. I haven't had a donut in forever. We were watching a news segment about the Fresno Fair. They had a piece on Cinnamon Rolls. they did look good but when they said they sold them for $8 each I decided they didn't look so good. Ask me about the funnel cakes.

Sharona, so glad you figured out Medicare, It can be confusing. Hope you find the right pooch soon. Moose was an SPCA dog. Should have named him speed bump. He sort of lays right in your path.

Nothing new here. Hope you all have a super day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”