Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wed 10/6/21

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Wed 10/6/21

Post by auntjana » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:47 am

Good morning from here too!

I too had a fitful sleep night. I wonder why? LOL! Just before they transferred Michael up to the main hospital in SLC, they tested him, again, for Covid. This time it was positive. And the infection went to sepsis, a dangerous blood infection. So they are treating both at the moment. A respiratory therapist is doing treatments for getting his oxygen level back up. I will call and talk to him in a few minutes. Now it's my turn to be tested. Ugggh! In trying to figure out where this all came from, we are scratching our heads as we have no idea, as we are home bodies and only went to church the week before, sat by no one, and had masks on. A real puzzler.

So I am doing uglies, bedding, sheets and spraying lysol, wiping doorknobs with clorox wipes, and doing my anti covid dance for good measure too!

There is a bright cloud, I lost 4 lbs throughout this ordeal and broke my sub goal of 100 lbs lost! So far,, 102, and still counting! It has taken a long time. This is the lowest weight for me in 20 years. Next goal is another 20 lbs. Small increments keeps me from going batty. Hey, like I am not that already! LOL! That next small goal, will put me at a weight of when I had Aaron, 34 years ago.

Robyn, my LA and Ruby, my sewing machine will miss me for a few more days, I think,

Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers. They do mean so much to us! Having someone else want us to get better is such a comfort and blessing.

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:17 am

Good Morning Girls

Do you ever sit starting at your computer or phone and then BAM your mind just goes blank! That's me yesterday... I was all set to sit and chat and then I just lost it. My brain just doesn't seem to want to concentrate on any one thing at a time and I knew I wanted to get groceries yesterday... so I decided to get up and complete that mission...

Kathy... OH Gosh.. I so know how you feel about not being able to sleep. Can't remember the last time I slept all the way through. No matter what time I crawl into bed, I never get to sleep until after midnight. And of course just as soon as I do... it's time for a potty stop! Did you actually get up and bake cookies in the middle of the night?

Lois... Hopefully a trip back to HL is a quick drive for you. I often forget there is one only 20 miles from me... but to get there I usually take the main highway.. which is under construction at the moment... so I head a different direction and hit Joann instead. Hope they have what you need and enough of it.

Diane.... It's the tossing and turning that really bugs me... but then I figure it might count as "exercise" Some nights the cat sleeps with me and at some point she thinks it's fun to walk all over me and purr right in my ear... The studio? Is that a cutter? I bet it comes in handy when you are making kits.

Velda... Are you feeling better too? DH ended up with pneumonia? See what happens when I miss a day... I feel so far behind. We all have head colds here and I have a sore throat that just doesn't want to go away... But I have a big bottle of Tylenol and that seems to help!

Judi.... Is it very costly to have old tapes transferred to a DVD? I have some old video and some old 8mm movies around here somewhere that I just can't throw away, but I have NO idea what's on them. So you found a couple projects you forgot you had? I thought I was the only one that put things away in safe places and then lost them! I have a project all cut and sorted and ready to sew.... but do you think I can find where I put it!

Katy... What is Cefcu? Glad the scope went well... but you have to wait 2 weeks for results? Seems like a long time. Good to hear you are working on SS.... I haven't started yet as I'm still looking for the PERFECT thing to make for my elf! :)

Sharon.... Good for you... getting your shot... I need to go get mine too, but will wait until this cold is done going through my house! Need to check on the booster for my Covid vax too!

Chriss... Oh yes it is fun to have a house full... The kids are such good kids and will do anything I ask them... haul out garbage, clean the litter box... But typical teens .. they don't SEE what needs to be done... but they will help out all the time.... Since Bren drives Evie to school (they go to the same school) she has to take his turn at cleaning litter box. :lol: :lol: But they will cook for themselves and unload dishwasher when prompted. I don't know that I'd do this forever ( I do miss my spare bedrooms :lol: ) but it's wonderful to have them here!

Jana... Oh my goodness... I had to go back to yesterday to see what's up with your Michael!!! MANY prayers coming your way today for him and your family. May God wrap His loving arms around Michael and keep him safe.

Looks like a beautiful fall day here, the leaves are turning so fast! Today I am headed out to see a lawyer to plan the next step of my life. With the kids probably buying my house and me moving etc... I thought it would be a good time to get a POA set up and decide if putting a new house into a trust fund or something. I just want to make it as easy as possible for all the kids when I am gone. I do have a will but I suppose I should update that a bit to include the grandkids. It will be an interesting meeting for sure!

Need more coffee and my shower!

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:56 am

Maryq, squirrels everywhere. lol Sometime focusing is difficult.

Chriss, hope whatever is making you feel crudy, goes away soon. Good thing you don't have the boys for a few days. You can rest up. Hope they are safe on their travels. Soup sounds good. I might make some today as well.

Jana, hope they are able to get ahead of Michaels Pneumonia and Covid. That sounds like a bad combo. Try and get some rest. You'll need it when he comes home.

Katy, send good vibes your way.

Judi, sounds like you have your projects ready for winter. Let's hope you don't get them finished because you have a mild winter.

Velday, how are you feeling? Glad your DH is on the mend.

Diane, I've seen those maze quilts. They are a"Mazing."

I've got a wool project started that Chriss sent me. So I will cut more of that out today. I would like to get all the blocks set so I can pick one up and had sew when I want.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:46 am

Good morning, I am definitely in I didn't sleep last night club. Out seeing patients midnight to 3:30, came home, sent 2 emails, finally got to lay down about almost 4. 4:45, work is back on the phone. Off to another visit. Been awake ever since. Was supposed to go to the base today to pick up Dad's meds but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

I do need to go do a load of laundry today. Can't wait for the repair man on Monday! So hoping he gets mine going.

Almost done my log cabin blocks. Have the last log to sew onto about half of them. Then only pick out the fabric for next 2 blocks. Biggest slow down now is my nursing license is due and I need 30 CEU's to renew. I have about 10 so still working on that. My old job has not been able to access my information from their site so starting over. Then, my current job, decided it was time for all our annual classes, 20 more hours! Have to get it all done by end of the month.

So sorry to hear of all the illnesses going on here. Prayers for everyone's quick healing. My immediate home has been free of illness through this pandemic. Both kids had it but they don't live close. I think some other flu's and stuff are popping up since people are out and about again. Waiting to get my booster shot but I got the Moderna so have to wait. CVS will give you a Phizer booster if you had Moderna but that has not been proven to be safe so I am holding off. Dad got his.

Caregiver is still at jury duty, almost 2 weeks now. The daughter is coming everyday but just doesn't do the same job so picking up a lot of extra's. Guess I should get going and start all my education hours.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”