Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, October 2

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Saturday, October 2

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:03 am

Good morning everyone, boy I way overslept! Could sleep last night so after midnight before I did. Then awake off and on all night. Need to be at BOM class by 9:15 do better get bust.

Izzy so sorry about your Covid. Yes I have heard the headache is horrible. Try a dark room. Prayers for a quick recovery.

Vel are there many quilters around you? I go 25 miles to the quilt shop for free sew. All the others have closed. But have met many wonderful people there

Chriss good luck on your walk. Alzheimers runs in my family so every step means something to me. I guess I missed where you were making a scrap quilt. That's what happens when I don't visit everyday. I have lots of scraps if you need some.

Flo, I miss actually going to church. My church did not survive Covid and I haven't found another. Online church for now. I need that Sunday morning message to start the week

Time is gone, I have to leave in 27 min. Not dressed yet, face washed or teeth brushed.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:19 am

Morning!

Michael shared, bless his pea picken' heart! It's not covid, but probably the flu. Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy or even the best enemy! Even the freckles on my nose hurts!

See ya later,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:00 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHERRY

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:12 am

Happy Birthday Sherry Enjoy it
Izzy Get well wishes to you Sure hope that headache goes away soon
Hugs to all
Our DS & Fiancé come for brunch we had a great visit He visits with the grands while he’s here
They always go by our DGDs Bakery & bring lots of goodies I had made homemade chicken salad & Fruit tray
Lyn Safe travels to you & DG
Jana Get well wishes for you & Michael
Hope everyone has a wonderful day I enjoy reading about all your lives & feel you are all my friends Thank you for that
Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:26 am

Happy Birthday, Sherry.
Izzy, sorry for your Covid positive test. We got tested, too. Yup, not a cold like we thought, it was Covid. Quarantine until Oct 10. Mostly fatigue here. And crazy runny nose. We don't have headaches. I am glad for that.
Yes advice is to keep moving around. Keeps your lungs clear. I am already feeling better. I also use extra pillow at night. Always advised that for bronchitis that I have had frequently.
It helps for breathing in the night.
Take care, get well!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:03 pm

Good afternoon friends,

I enjoyed my walkathon. It was supposed to be three miles but the route was only 2. Got home and Jerry and I went to a few yard sales. Found some shirts and other necessary items.

Velda, is it strange? not getting on the road and heading to Texas? I love that you are getting settled where you are and involved in your church. Prayers for a quick recovery

Izzy, sure hope you feel better soon and that you are back to your old self.

Sherry, happiest of birthdays to you. Glad you mentioned it. I usually look at the list of birthdays on this forum to see if my elf has a birthday so I can send her a card. Thanks for the reminder.

Valerie, I've been collecting scraps for three quilts. A 5 inch charm, A 2 1/2 inch strip and I collect 2 1/2 inch charms for my scrap hexi quilt. These are ongoing and I have made many of the 5 inch and strip quilts. They are quick and easy to make and perfect for the recliner in the cool evenings or mornings. Hope you did get dressed before going to quilt class.

Jana, hope you are feeling better very soon.

Becca, I think, if I were to have a bakery type item right now, it would be either Jerry's chocolate cake made with the recipe from the Hershey's cocoa can, or his peach cobbler. But I am trying to stay away from that stuff. But it sounds heavenly.

There are fires all over the place and the smoke has settled to cover just about all the air around here. It is an awful shade of brown. I think I will heat up some leftovers and call it dinner. You all have a great night.
Chriss
Psalm 91

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:32 pm

Lois, did you use gingham fabric, of did you make the gingham? I know Lori Holt has a pattern for a giant gingham quilt that's really neat.

Chriss, how was the walk? Was there a lot of people? Thanks for the kit. Will get started it tomorrow. Sorry you are having more fires again. I hope they are able to get them out quickly.

We're having another hot spell. Only supposed to last a few more days. At least the night cools off quickly. I walked around old town Temecula today with friends. They had quilts hanging from the buildings from the local guild. We weren't out there too long because it got hot early. I love to see all the different things people make.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”