Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, October 2

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Saturday, October 2

Post by suzette58 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:30 am

Good morning everyone.
It is early. But, when the dogs don’t sleep, mommy doesn’t sleep. Although I will probably lay down in a little bit. Hubby and I were able to get our Pfizer booster this week. His John Deere quilt is coming along. I had to modify it a little bit tho. A local quilt shop is having a block of the month starting. I am kinda thinking about it. It is called the Road Home. I may go down there today. Well, I am going to take a snooze hopefully. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Saturday, October 2

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:59 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,

Yesterday I cut out another Gingham throw in black and white for my Ddil 's sister but I will wait till tomorrow to start it I want to trace some gnomes for a swap with the fatcat group on facebook.

Suzette I looked up that quilt it's beautiful I hope you get to go to the quilt shop good for you and your hubby for getting your booster.

Well thats all the news for today.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:47 am

Good morning Slept in til 730 this morning 52 and sunny right now we will go to 79. Today is housekeeping and we w ill go to DD to see nolan dressed for homecoming and hoping to get some pictures,
I will start putting together my rows but since there is a hockey game later I dont how much I will get done.
thats it around here,,,
Suzette starting a new project is always fun. All you girls who have to gt up with your fur babies is why we forgo getting a dog...I am loving my sleep way too much,
Lois you are really into your gnomes arent you, I am really drawn to black and white gingham lately. I backed a couple of table runners with it,
have a great day XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:40 am

Gingham is a wonderful fabric to back a quilt with. That and polka dots. We decided to go to a pumpkin patch today. It is on a farm that belongs to a guy that drag races. It should be a good day for it.
Suzette

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:17 am

Good morning from Oakley, Kansas.

We couldn't stay another night in Hays. This weekend is the university homecoming and Hays October Fest. Campground was booked last night and rest of weekend. Luckily check out was 2 p.m., so got in a few more smooches on Maddox. Chriss, some of those were from you. Will drive to our RV garage today and be at the house this evening. So far it's sounds like October should be warm. I'm praying that's true, so we can stay to the last weekend when granddaughter rides in Horsecapades.
Time to shower and hit the road.
Hope everyone has a great day and weekend!
Lyn

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:40 am

Morning
Back to normal here. Today is bake cookies day, and uglies. Mass tonight.
It's good to be home.
Flo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:56 am

Good morning my wonderful friends, how are you today.?

Just read my daily devotions, they pop in my in box through out the day. This one was about choosing joy. Don't let the negative thoughts in your head, instead choose joy. I pray you all have a joyful day.

Today is the walkathon for Alzheimer's. There is a one and a three mile walk and you can do all or part of any of it. Jerry made a donation to my walk so I have the official t-shirt and I am ready to go. We are to carry different colored flowers as we walk. Each color represents a part of the disease. I will be carrying white. White is for the first survivor. It means a cure has been found and no one will die from this horrible disease. I really would like to see a cure.

After the walk, depending on the time, Jerry and I will hit two yard sales and go to a farmers market.

Suzette, with the exception of getting up early your day sounds perfect. So glad you got your booster. I got the Moderna and haven't seen where a booster is available yet, but I will be right there with my bare arm waiting for that jab. I think you should do the BOM at your quilt shop. If there were a shop closer to me I sure would take part. Road Home sounds really country and cozy.

Lois, I made Marilyn a Gingham mask in black and white, I will cut the scraps of her fabric into charms for my scrap quilt. Bet your DDIL will love the quilt you make her, what pattern are you using? You are loving that FatCat site, it really is fun and the gnomes are so cute. I am glad you are enjoying them.

Judi, I bet Nolan will be the handsomest kid at the dance. My furbaby gets me up most mornings, it's part of the routine. I get up, he steals my spot on the bed, I come out of the bathroom and turn on the coffee, he comes collar jingling, I let him out, he finally comes back inside and dashes down the hall to get into bed with Jerry. He doesn't even know I exist, no thanks, no tail wag. He and Jerry are a duo, I guess it's a boy thing. :lol:

Suzette, I also love polka dots. Found a navy with blue polka dot sleeveless dress with a belt at a yard sale for a dollar, I love it. Happy pumpkin patch day.

Lyn, thank you for adding my smooches to yours. Maddox, I bet, is just adorable. Travel safe. Haven't heard of Horsecapades but it sure sounds interesting. Hope the weather stays in your favor

Flo, I'm glad you are home too. I think the wonderful smell of baking cookies balances out the uglies. what kind of cookies, I may need to round up some of these girls for a road trip, you might want to bake an extra batch just in case, just sayin'

I have a gripe. I got an email with a free quilt pattern from a quilt shop, it was a panel. I don't think a panel that you simply add borders to should be offered as a free quilt pattern. I thought this one was sort of applique, instead it was a panel that looked like appliqued blocks.

Well, guess I oughta go get dressed, no one wants to see me walk my walk in my night gown. So not attractive.

You all have a joyful day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:04 am

Good Morning to everyone. Lyn, safe travels. It will be good to be back at the house. I imagine you will be planning what projects you want to accomplish this winter. I know I will be missing all of my quilting pals. I know staying put now, was the best route for us.
It's really good that we do a group test and stay connected as often as we can.
That's what is so great with this forum. We follow with each other, day by day.
We love seeing each other's pictures and reading progress reports, sharing life's ups and downs.
Chriss, I agree, we need a cure! Good luck on your walk.

God bless each of you today. Have a great weekend.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:10 am

Hello all been Mia I’ve been sick since Saturday went to dr Friday and tested positive for covid th headache is the worse part and the nausea. I took Thursday and Friday off from work so fatigued and had son keep lil man home too we are in quarantine now 10 days will have to be retested end week see if dh can return to work. He just started showing symptoms. Dd so far none and hope stays clear .

I swear the migraines are unbearable I haven’t had any breathing issues just cough fever headache and nausea. Feels like someone driving steaks in my head terrible. The fatigue is bad too. Doc said to push through it move around so I have but it’s tough.

Nothing new here too tired to sew just laying about 🤒
Yesterday was dh bday too we couldn’t celebrate 😓

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:54 am

Good morning all! Well I am 74 today. I don't feel that old except for my knees. Not much planned for today. Rob called last night to wish me happy birthday. Today Doug is coming over to put away my furniture from the porch for the year. Not much sitting out there any more. Will have him get out my Halloween pumpkins and tree for the front porch.

Will be watching my Michigan Wolverines on TV at noon for sure. Will check in on the other games later. Also starting to go through drawers and throw stuff away. Amazed how much I have accumulated over the years. Also starting to collect things for my Secret Santa elf. It will be here sooner than we think.

Well, better go get some breakfast for me and the furbabies. Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe. We are supposed to get some rain tonight and tomorrow which we do need.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”