Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday September 29

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Wednesday September 29

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:17 am

Good morning!

Love the youth in my Ward. They are terrific! For their activity last night, they came and did a service at, some of us old folks houses. The swingset we were building, was destroyed in a huge wind storm a year ago.. We were trying to see if we could salvage it,, no,, too broken up.. So, those kids hauled up all the pieces to Sarah's truck in the driveway, for us to make a dump run. Took them maybe, 15 minutes to do that. Then they were off to someone else's. That area is now slated for a seating area and a fire pit in the new landscape design. After Sarah drops off Ethan at school, she will come here and go with Michael to the dumps.

Michael built me a special electrical plug for my iron. I always unplug the iron, safety issue, but now I can leave it plugged in and turn it off, with a flip of a switch on the new plug Michael built for me. We also worked on the new cover for my ironing station. Just need a piece wood cut to size and attach it. I de-duct taped my old cover, it has a heat proof back, to use on my new ironing station. My ironing station is on my Alex cabinet, a hack on Pinterest using the IKEA cabinet.

Well, mneed to go cook breakfast, time is short,
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:39 am

Jana, how wonderful to have helpful youth. Glad they were able to move that for you.

Valerie, you were up early. Hope you got a few more hours of sleep.

Maryz, I remember the AK quilt. It is beautiful.

Chriss, you made a good purchase on the kits. That's a very complicated pattern. Glad you had fun with Marilyn.

I come on and read everyday, but haven't posted much lately. I had Endometrial cancer. I had it removed by having a total hysterotomy on the 6th of this month. I healing up. I got back to my walking by the 15th, but still have a bit of pain and need to take things slow. Hopefully back to my normal by the end of Oct.

Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:27 pm

Lori, I'm like you about trying to at least read everyday. Sometimes time gets away from me reading but I try to stay up on everyone.
Prayers for you. I hope you're all healed up soon and that everything is all good. Hugs

Tina

Return to “Sew ins”