Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday the 27th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday the 27th

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:53 am

Good morning gloomy GLR. we are expecting rain today or just gloom.. Not much planned today some laundry and house keeping..monday is sheet changing day, hope your changes are good. Yesterday you were talking about small apliances,,,I am a small appliance junkie,,,I love foods processors and blender of all kinds,,,Ken even built me a cabinet for all my small appliances mixer and waffle iron we even call it the appliance garage. But I dont own a toaster oven or an air fryer,,,maybe one day when I get rid of something else. XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

suzette58

Re: Monday the 27th

Post by suzette58 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:10 am

Good morning everyone.
I am sitting down after exercising and of course one of the dogs wants out. This will be quick. I hope everyone is doing well. I am going to sew in a little while. Well the dog is getting impatient. Have a great day.
Suzette

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:30 am

Good morning everyone sunny here I slept late this morning Another night of laying awake too much
Going to be another beautiful Fall day here We need cold nights to turn leaves
Judi Hope you get your sheets done That’s a chore I don’t look forward to
Suz Those pets do have some control over us Lol Especially early morning
I am going to check to see if it’s quilting at Church Still a bit Leary on going but they are very spread out there
It was a great day yesterday I heard from all the children and some grands too
And sat in sun on porch some It really feels good on these crisp days
Hope to get some purging done today
Have a great day everyone
Prayers for Tina & Family on loss of her Aunt & others in need. Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:46 am

Good morning,

JUDI, I hope your hip is feeling better. Yes, my chiro says "Lotion is the motion that keeps us in locomotion." In other words, he is telling me to get up and move. As quilters, sometimes it's hard to fit it in which is why I've been taking a 1-1/2 to 2 mile walk every morning for the last 25 years. It's not a brisk walk because I walk with a neighbor and her dog is a top drawer sniffer. We have to stop at every bush, post, tree, and big rock. Even Scottie just stands and waits on her. But it's also our social hour so it's better than nothing. I'm not against appliances, but I just don't have room for them. We have a small kitchen. And we don't have room for an appliance garage either. Believe me, I've thought about it! a lot!

SUZ - isn't that the way it always is. You just get settled and then one of the 'kids' wants something!

LYN - I believe what you overheard - what we dwell on we can make come true. Kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy. I will visualize Garry healthy!

JANA = well, now I have to go pull out my Skinnie book and see what I'm not making! lol! I have one orange tote that contains all my fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving decorations. I already have out all but TG.

DIANE = that's a LOT of fabric! You and your crew will be rolling in it! What a generous gift!

LOIS - Our toaster oven is our only toaster. and our new one will air fry, too. My blender is also a small food processor. The few appliances I have have to do double duty and then some to keep their space on my counter! That dinosaur quilt sounds adorable!

TINA - that sounds like you had some storm! and I'm so sorry about your aunt. But you have some wonderful memories of her to keep in your heart.

MARY Q - good to know that a "Hazel" might not be ideal for us. Scottie's coat is 7" long if we don't trim it, and Foxy is also long-haired. I wouldn't want to have to deal with hair balls in the vacuum as well as the cat! lol! Nice to have all that help with the dead trees and moving furniture. I sure wish I could be there with the rearranging. I would love to rearrange my sewing room but I really think I already have the best arrangement to be able to fit it all in. I know my sis rearranges it all the time in her head! lol!

VELDA - those pictures are pretty fantastic! What an undertaking that renovation was!

CHRISS - what a great day with Marilyn! I bet she is always thrilled with your visits! What a productive stop at the thrift store! That Halloween Baltimore album pattern sounds intriguing. Great shopping! I don't think convection ovens and air fryers are the same thing - are they? anyway, our new appliance does about 8 different things plus folds up out of the way when not in use. I'm going to try it tonite for the first time and make a sheet pan supper.

BECCA - glad you had a family day! Technology has some great perks, doesn't it! Will this be your first time back at church quilting? I know no one will be more careful than you! Enjoy!

JANA - we all knew your lesson would go well!

I goofed off in my sewing room yesterday for a while and then we sat down and watched the Seahawks hand over their game to Mary Q's team. Sad times in Seattle. But from what I could see in the stands, the people in MN seemed OK with it. Then we went to dinner with our grandsons, came back here, and played with the LOTR blocks. Drew brought 3 yards of LOTR fabric from the same company and line that I had already ordred, but it's a different print. He'd bought it himself a few years ago. Then we sat on the floor and arranged blocks on top of the fabric. And the dog. The dog has to be in the middle of everything! lol! Looks like I have 22 more blocks to make. I've done 18 so far. I thought there were only 16 more blocks to do. Good thing he's not in a hurry!

Today is going to be 59* and rainy. In fact, it's going to be rainy for the next several days. I'm going to be toting an umbrella on my walks. After this past summer, I am content with rain. It's glorious!! And my yard is all decked out in green again!

Have a fab Monday!

mary z
>^+^<

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:56 am

purrfect-lady wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:46 am
Good morning,

JUDI, I hope your hip is feeling better. Yes, my chiro says "Lotion is the motion that keeps us in locomotion." In other words, he is telling me to get up and move. As quilters, sometimes it's hard to fit it in which is why I've been taking a 1-1/2 to 2 mile walk every morning for the last 25 years. It's not a brisk walk because I walk with a neighbor and her dog is a top drawer sniffer. We have to stop at every bush, post, tree, and big rock. Even Scottie just stands and waits on her. But it's also our social hour so it's better than nothing. I'm not against appliances, but I just don't have room for them. We have a small kitchen. And we don't have room for an appliance garage either. Believe me, I've thought about it! a lot!

SUZ - isn't that the way it always is. You just get settled and then one of the 'kids' wants something!

VELDA - those pictures are pretty fantastic! What an undertaking that renovation was!

BECCA - glad you had a family day! Technology has some great perks, doesn't it! Will this be your first time back at church quilting? I know no one will be more careful than you! Enjoy! And yes, prayers for Tina for the loss of her aunt. This is the aunt that was vaccinated but had a breakthrough case, was hospitalized, was sent to rehab, then home, and eventually back to the hospital with cardiac/respiratory issues resulting from the covid. She passed away yesterday afternoon at age 66.

I goofed off in my sewing room yesterday for a while and then we sat down and watched the Seahawks hand over their game to Mary Q's team. Sad times in Seattle. But from what I could see in the stands, the people in MN seemed OK with it. Then we went to dinner with our grandsons, came back here, and played with the LOTR blocks. Drew brought 3 yards of LOTR fabric from the same company and line that I had already ordred, but it's a different print. He'd bought it himself a few years ago. Then we sat on the floor and arranged blocks on top of the fabric. And the dog. The dog has to be in the middle of everything! lol! Looks like I have 22 more blocks to make. I've done 18 so far. I thought there were only 16 more blocks to do. Good thing he's not in a hurry!

Today is going to be 59* and rainy. In fact, it's going to be rainy for the next several days. I'm going to be toting an umbrella on my walks. After this past summer, I am content with rain. It's glorious!! And my yard is all decked out in green again!

Have a fab Monday!

mary z
>^+^<

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:02 am

Good morning all

First to answer Maryz Yes I got my MUMU done in fact I have it on. I plan to make another one like it . I adjusted the pattern to add ruffle and make sleeves a little longer. If I could figure out how to make long sleeves, I would make the dress longer and use them for winter.
Becca we were having nice fall weather but today is supposed to be 90 degrees . And for next three days.
I really like fall temps. lol
Suzette I know how it goes when it comes to dogs. Boo had me up at one . He was panting so I took him for a drink and a quick trip out. Then into his kennel . Fan blows on him there.
O Judi you are missing out . I love my air fryer. I can fry and bake in it. I also am a small appliance junkie. LOl
Still cleaning out junk around house. I cleaned out dog toys this morning. Believe it or not Boo will not let me throw out his old bed. O well since he is sick I will keep for a while.
Going through Christmas fabric this morning. Need a piece to finish Elfs gift. And tote needs straightened up. Then going through other drawers of craft stuff will probable give away. The drawers are where my new fat quarters are going.
I received part of my Halloween fabric. I really like it. I watched a tutorial from Shabby fabric and may also make a table topper for next Halloween. It uses the sixty degree ruller. Cant wait to get last two pieces.
I am also going through quilt books and older fabric I will probably never use. All going to Helping Hands in Canton.
Then I am going to sew on my Elf project Hopefully I can quilt in next two weeks.
Did you all hear shipping is going up again in October.
Well I am off to get in trouble. LOL

You all have a great sewing day
Katy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:54 am

Good morning!

I am here, Michael is off doing his time card for work. I have a very dirty kitchen that will be staring at me, if I head that way. Here is better! Oh, laundry too.

Other than that, not much going on here. Aaron had a good story yesterday. A woman was driving down off Parleys Summit, the big freeway coming in the valley from Park City. She was passing a semi truck and looked over at the trailer he was pulling. She noticed something very odd. There was a guy, riding under the trailer body, in the spare tire cage area. This would be in the open! The guy gave the woman driver the thumbs up sign, then showed her, the ssssssh sign, like we would tell our kids to be quiet. So after she completed passing the truck, she called 911 and reported what she saw. Aaron was called, as well as the trooper in the area. They pulled the semi rig over, and sure enough, found the guy riding under the trailer. The unwanted hitchhiker was removed. The truck driver had absolutely no idea of the unwanted rider. The driver was quite surprised. The troopers were scratching their heads of what they could charge the hitchhiker with and came up with nothing, so sent him off the freeway and on his way. The semi was traveling at freeway speeds. The truck driver had stopped in Park City for a few minutes and that is when the guy climbed up and in the spare tire cage area. Aaron keeps thinking, he's seen it all and nothing could surprise him, he has decided not yet.

Stay Safe, watch for stupid people,
Hugs,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:58 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. Need to get some cleaning done and laundry folded. Tomorrow I will mow. Other than that not much going on here. Smoke and Sweetie have been fed and are back asleep. Rough Life!

Maryz - You asked about my cross stitch project. It is 24 pages long and they are standard 8 x 10 size. It is 300 x 222 stitches. On 14 Ct. Aida it is 21.4 x 15.9 inches. Quite a large project but not the biggest I have done. I have done several very large projects. The name of this one is Kittens In The Library from Everything Cross Stitch website. I get almost all my patterns from them.

Well, better go get me some breakfast and get going. Have a good day everyone.

Sherry

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:01 am

Good morning Everyone,

I finished except for the eyes all my colorful dinosaur 🦕 blocks and I will put them together next week I saw some dinosaur fabric in hobby lobby so that will wait till nextweek when it's a sale week :lol: .

Today the grands are coming for a visit and Olivia will give me a haircut and I decided not to do the color in my hair.

Well I have to run They just pulled up Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

womster

Post by womster » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:33 am

Good morning!

I am running out the door to the dentist. Not my favorite spot, but at least I only have to go every six months. I was nauseous all day yesterday so it was a lost day. I hate it when that happens! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”