Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, Sept 26th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Sunday, Sept 26th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:03 am

Good morning,

LYN, I'm so sorry the info you received from the dr wasn't what you were hoping for. But sounds like it wasn't a definite diagnosis yet. Will say some prayers. I hope your visit in Hayes will be a spirit lifter. Have you checked out the Boondockers, Welcome website? You might find someplace to stay when there is no room at RV parks/campgrounds. We are BW hosts and offer a site on our property - for free - for RV travelers. We offer power, water, internet but sites differ. They are all over the country.

SHERRY - I do a lot of cross-stitch, too. The biggest pattern I've ever done was 4 partial pages. Just how big are these pages? This sounds like you are doing a wall mural! What is the picture? I love my crockpots, too. I'm not an appliance person for the most part - dont' even have a real toaster. But I have FOUR crockpots of varying sizes. Large and medium in the house and med and small in the trailer.

VELDA - you are really whizzing through those backpacks. What kind of fabric are you using?

KATY - sorry you're not feeling up to doing the bushes. But it's much more fun to sew anyway! Did you ever finish your muu muu? Sorry about no onions. I love them and use them in so much of my cooking.

JANA - I remember our big old box TV had a ground-breaking new feature that everyone just had to have - Picture in picture. We could watch two things at once! Maybe new TV's still have that? It would fix your 2 games at one time dilemma. Or perhaps you could record one and watch it later? We prefer to watch games in real time, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

SHARONA - what kind of art does your DDIL do? Paintings? Sculpting? Other? How fun to have an artist in the family. I'm so sorry to hear of your parents' woes. If I had to guess, I'd lay money that your parents would like to move sometime, but the thought of it is just overwhelming and they don't want to impose on the kids. Plus, it's a major milestone to give up their independence. Most people try to put that off as long as possible. It's hard.

CHRISS - how did your trip to see Marilyn go? I heard you found some great things in a thrift shop there! Color me green!!

JUDI - What's the latest at your house?

SUZETTE - did you finish the JD quilt for your hubby?

LOIS - How is your herd of dinosaurs coming along? Did you say this is a FatCat pattern?

MARY Q - any time I think of Fat Cat patterns, my mind, of course, jumps to you! What's the weekend word in your world?

We have a toaster oven - one of the few appliances we own - and after 15 years it's just getting too hot to touch. PLus the cord gets hot. Danger signs! So we've been shopping and watching Costco ads. After viewing videos of various brands and models of Toaster oven/air fryer on-line off we went to Costco. Bought an Oster, double french door, it looked pretty cool. But in our kitchen, it was crazy big!! Bill boxed it back up and took it back and brought home a much smaller Ninja model that goes off sale today. It does everything but is just not very tall. It folds up out of the way. Took us all morning to finally get that settled. We think we'll keep this one. I hope we like it. It air-frys, toasts, roasts, bakes, and more.

We also semi-winterized our deck, transplanted a few things into the yard, and a few other cleaning chores. Then we settled down on the deck with a glass of wine and had supper all ready to go. Then we got a text at 5:15 - "where are you?" We forgot we were supposed to be at dinner at friends at 5pm! Gaackk!! No showers, no bra. We shoved our supper back into the fridge, wiggled back into the bra and took off. It's only a 5-min drive but by the time we got there we were half-hour late. I felt so bad! I'm the person that is NEVER even a minute tardy.

Our grandsons are coming over today. We're all going to an Italian restaurant and will celebrate Drew's 28th birthday. We got him a gift card to REI. Then we'll come back and lay out all the LOTR blocks and do some 'cogitating' on how he wants this quilt to come together. Looking forward to spending some time with the boys.

Hoping we all have some thread and cotton in our day!
mary z

grammiequilts

Re: Sunday, Sept 26th

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:27 am

Good Morning,,,i slept in,,,all the walking yesterday made my hip angry and it decided to keep me awake some of the night. It is arthritis and excersize is supposed to be good for it but I disagree. oh well ibuporfen is my friend. Today I hit the grocery store early this morning, and get vittles. then some sewing and maybe a little yard work supervision. I need some things rmoved out and will try to motivate my son to help. I planted a small clump of shasta daisies and they have spread beyond their boundries and need to go...they are pretty when they all bloom but look ugly afterwards,,,they are right in front and need to go...Out front stps to the porch are bad and need to be replaced cement contractors all tell me next spring is the soonest they can get to it...we need a new front sidewalk too. it is always something with "this ol house"
Ken and i did go to an antique and salvage yard yesterday looking for a vintage door for the basement boiler room...HA HA they are absolutely kidding what they are asking,,,from $700-$3000 for a stupid door... I dont think do...we thought a door that was from the period of this house but I guess HGTV has done wonders for the salvage business. guy said high end designers come into buy all the time...we will continue to junk hunt,
We did however find and buy the cutest little art deco lamp...it was more a reasonalbe price,,,Ken bought it and put it on my desk,,,,very cute,
Well I need coffee and get going...need to beat the sunday crowd tht hit the store arounf 12....hope your day is filled with my word of the day LOVE,,,,I love all of you and glad you are my friends..XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:56 am

ImageImage

Good morning 🌞. I wanted to share this picture. Our city park has had this huge structure that needed major renovation. They did a special drive for funds to restore this historical building. It's a neat venue for concerts and theatre events. Some are even doing weddings here. Last night they had a free event. So we attended expecting to dance. It was mostly big band era music, so we left early. However I wanted to see the results of the renovation. It's pretty awesome. Cement flooring, graded so front seating is low and rear seating is gradually higher for best view of the stage. It used to have a gravel floor, now it's cement. I will add another close up view of the art or sculpture above the stage. All the big doors were open and fresh air was getting pretty chilly last night.
At Christmas, this park does the drive through Christmas light display. We are looking forward to enjoying that for the first time, now that we are permanent residents here now

Hope you enjoy seeing my pictures.
Time to get ready for our outdoor church service being held in the park down by the lake. Weather is great today for this. Having picnic dinner after and then fun and games for families. Not sure how long we will stick around to watch. Just a really pretty day to be outside.
Hope your day is might fine!
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:01 am

Good sunny morn to all
Today Lynn and Bill, cousin and hubby, are meeting us at the kids house. The men are putting in outside motion lights on the house. Did I mention the house backs to a preserve which happens to have the largest population of bears in SC?? So although the backyard is wooded and the preserve is 10,500 acres, no reason not to be careful.
Daryl sent me 2 boxes of beautiful fabrics. 91 yards of wow and 39 yards of blues and light background fabrics. She has been so very generous. I always tell her that although we may never meet the vets or even know their names they will be comforted under the quilts that she has helped provide fabric for.
Tomorrow the other Diane and Pat are coming here to look at the new treasures and figure out patterns and different blocks--
Well, have to get another cup of coffee and start my day. Have a great day.
Diane

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:10 am

Good morning, Diane
Wow, 91 yards!! How many ladies are in this group of quilters? This is huge, what you are doing for so many vets! It's awesome what is donated for your purpose!
Congratulations to you and all who participate in this program.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:01 am

VEL---the total from Daryl was 140 yards between the wow and the background and blues. It feels like Christmas day each time I get her packages. She is my secret santa. Wouldn't you agree?

Off to the kids house. (to search for lions tigers and bears, oh my!) LOL
Diane

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:17 am

Good morning Ladies,

Yesterday Sandi came by herself for a visit and I really enjoyed that because she is getting back into the quilting world again I am so thrilled to have her share my sewing with :D .
Today I will be sewing down the dinosaurs and they are really cute 2 basic dinosaurs πŸ¦•in diffrent colors he is 2years old very smart knows his colors and loves his dinosaurs.

Mary Z I was just telling Bill I want to ditch the toaster and buy a toaster oven nothing to allibrate just a plain small 1.

Judi try resting a little today sit at your machine and have some therapy.

Velda what a beautiful spot glad your staying put now you get to enjoy what your area has to offer.

Lynn so sorry about your news but they keep coming up with new meds and things like that so I hope and pray πŸ™ things get better for you and hubby real soon.

Well thats all the news for today everyone have a good day prayers go out to all.
Lois

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:21 am

Good beautiful Sunday morning, it's going to be a marvelous day today.

God blessed me so much yesterday, it was Marilyn day. Jerry and I went to pick her up and buy her some winter clothes. And we took her a quilt her great grandmother and great great grandmother had made along with other things we thought she needed. Bought some groceries.

Had lunch at a cafe where her boyfriend works. Amazing cheeseburgers. they deep fry their bacon, it is marvelous, the best I have ever had.

On the way home we stopped at a little thrift store that helps support their volunteer fire department. There were quilt kits and patterns and I really scored. I got a Halloween Baltimore Album kit, another Halloween kit, a Valentines kit and many patterns. I spent $40, I have never gotten that kind of a bargain before. We almost didn't stop but I'm so glad we did. It was a very joyful and blessed day.

Today, I will go through all the thrift store stuff and straighten up my sewing room. It's kind of a crazy mess. I also need to get started on my elf plan.

Maryz, I have an air fryer and a convection / microwave oven and a toaster. I would love to get rid of all three and have a four in one appliance We use the air fryer often, it's a wonderful thing and there are so many online recipes. I wonder when they quit calling them convection ovens and started calling them air fryers? Enjoy grandson day! I bet you have a smile on your face all day spending time with the kids does that. How many more blocks do you need to make? Can't wait to hear how your day went. I loved my sweet fireman story too, it is a smile making memory

Judi, Love is a great word. I love you too. My yesterday was filled with love, it's a wonderful thing. I bet Ken, with his wood talents, could make a vintageish looking door. I also love Shasta daisies. Bet if you made just the right vittles your son would run to your house and help in the garden. If you added Perogies to your list I would come help. Although not on my diet I would make the sacrifice. Love that Ken won't stop working, it will keep him young. I wish Marilyn would look into something like the pipe fitters union, or electrical union or anything like those, a trade that has a retirement, benefits and a good pay check.

Velda, what an amazing building. You really moved into the right place, sounds like you won't be bored because there will be lots to do.

Diane, don't you love the blessing chain. Daryl blessed you so you can bless the Vets. such a cool thing that warms so many hearts. what a great thing to be part of. It's a good thing you are part of.

Becca, hope last night brought you better sleep. My plan is laundry today, at least the sheets. Love your rooster yesterday.

Katy, sorry about the onions not being your friend. My mom used to put a packet of Lipton onion soup mix in her meatloaf. Glad you found your Halloween fabric. I've been getting emails from Marshalls Dry Goods who sells fabric at a discount, never shopped there so don't know if it's a deal or not. but inexpensive compared to a lot of sites out there.

Jana, your lesson will go well today. Funny how we wonder if we will have enough material to talk about the subject but when the subject is God there is always more about the topic than the allotted time permits. hope your students soak it up.

Sherry, sounds like a big cross stitch project, that should keep you busy for a while. Add some hotdogs, cheese and onion and I could be enticed to come over and sample your chili.

Lyn, I'll keep Garry and you in my prayers. Alzheimer's isn't what you want to hear for a diagnosis. I've read about diets that can slow it's progression and there are studies being done all the time. I'm doing an Alzheimer's walkathon on the 2nd, I will carry a white flower for Garry while doing my walk.

Sharona, does DDIL have a website? Sorry dad is having troubles. I sure hope they move into your basement, or at least a place where there are caregivers like a retirement type place. UGH, Parents.

Tina, I wasn't here yesterday so I didn't ask, how was clean the pond day yesterday? Did your power ever come on? Why was it off?

Kathy, you made me laugh, you need 10 cinnamon roll recipes for the same reason my grandma's jewelry box held 14 pairs of blue earrings. Go figure. Hope your itch is much better and congrats on getting quilt blocks in the mail, nice surprise.

Maryq, hope that $99 sewing machine turns out to be a good one, I'm curious to hear about it. Prayers for your God Daughter in Redding. I will say that yesterday we were heading North and were about two hours form Redding, the sky looked clearer than the sky here at home. Hoping they are keeping the fires away from the town.

Lois, enjoy your daughter day and your dino's. sounds like a great day for you.

Guess that I need to move my body and start my day, you all have a great day.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:49 am

I appreciate all the comments, thoughts and prayers. I was only telling y'all what the test suggests. I will not dwell on this. Overheard another Dr, who was having an IV treatment, tell a man that what we dwell on we encourage to come true. I'm thinking only positive things for Garry's health.

Packing up today.

Have a Blest day Everyone!
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:51 am

Good Morning Girls

A quick hello this morning as I am in the middle of vacuuming.... walked by the office and because I have ADD.... stopped in to say hello.

Always such a buzz of activity around here on weekends now... Shawn and Brennen are working on cutting up some dead trees in my yard... and/or getting their fishing stuff ready to go out tonight. They are determined to catch a Muskie tonight! :lol: Not sure what the girls are up to, but I was awakened to the smell of pancakes and maple syrup!

Laid awake thinking of all the things I wanted to do today.. should have written them down... because now I can't remember... I'm sure it involved something in the sewing room... Shawn is going to help me rearrange some things down there, so at least I won't feel like I'm tripping over myself to move around.

Knowing that the vacuum is sitting in the middle of the living makes it hard for me to concentrate here and chat with each of you... so I'm going to go grab more coffee and finish so I can the dang thing away. Hazel (the robot) only does so much with dog hair so I have to get out the real deal now and then.

Will check in tomorrow for sure..

In the meantime... wishing you all a wonderful Sunday!

Return to β€œSew ins”