Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

September 24th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

September 24th

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:51 am

Good Morning,,,wake up sleepy heads....I am up dressed nd had my first cuppa. Yesterday I rearranged cupboeards to dy it is the cook book shelf...pitching recipes I will never make...and all these cook book I will pack up for storage, I dont use them and they take up 2 shelves in the kitchen. I cant throw them away as my son who cooks wants them but after I die. I have already purged out a lot. He also requested all of my iron skillets...You know you are old when your kids start divveying up your stuff while your still using it... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hope you all have a great day XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Re: September 24th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:01 am

Good morning, Judi. Speaking of iron skillets, I gave all mine to my son when we went full time RVing. Now that I am not traveling, I could have a nice iron skillet again. Too heavy to travel with, but some cooking is perfect in iron skillet. And it can go from stove to oven. I might have to add that to my new kitchen.
We still maintain the low inventory on everything. Small spaces force you to be more careful about what you keep. I am still finding things to purge. Did a bunch of recipes yesterday. Need to do more of them.
Hope to get into sewing room today.
Got flu shots yesterday. At least that's done.
I love the cooler nights for sleeping.
Back to my coffee.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:11 am

Good morning,

I was up at 3:30 this morning, thanks to Mr. Foxtrot. Oh well, I wasn't doing anything anyway. :lol:

SUZ - did you get your hubby's quilt borders all on? What's next?

VELDA - is your Bible Study a home study or are you going to organized classes? It's so easy to expand our stuff as soon as we get extra storage. We used to have an 8-ft 1965 Caveman camper and we had everything we needed in it. Now we have a 30-ft fifth-wheel with two slides and have filled all the storage. lol!

SHARONA - I remember following Bill around with the weed whacker for a while after he hacked up my mother's rose bush, my periwinkle, and my beautiful Oregon Grape. They can't be trusted!

IZZY - I hate when mornings start with a kitchen flood! Hope you have all squared away now. How long will it take you to hand quilt a king quilt? I did a queen hexie quilt once and it took me off and on, about a year.

CHRISS - I hope your uncle finds that bit of info useful. At the price of RV parks and campgrounds these days it's a great option. Well, if you're my Santa, I hope I gave you food for thought! (ARE you my Santa??)

KATY - I hope both you and Boo will be feeling better soon!

JANA - Sarah's she shed sounds roomy but I bet it will be filled up in no time at all!

TINA - your Christmas quilt will be awesome! Does Holly know she is getting it? Sometimes it's fun for recipients to see the progress of a quilt being made for them.

JUDI - will you get into your sewing room today? Have you started your new quilt yet? I have a 6-foot row of cookbooks that I never use, plus a 2-ft stack. lol! But I do love them. My DGS, the chef, may want some of them, but for now he lives in a small apartment and doesn't have room. I wanted my mom's cast iron skillets but somehow, when my SIL "cleaned" their house they disappeared. I recently bought a set of "Henckles" fry pans which can go in the oven. We'll see if I like them. My wrists won't let me lift the cast iron anymore anyway.

MARY Q - wakey wakey!

LOIS - how goes it with the dinosaurs?

I worked all day long on my Fellowship Silouette block. Thought I'd finished it about 4pm but found a problem so this morning I'm going to fix that. Then set this project aside to start sorting Halloween Swap blocks. Only 2 sets left to come in so I figure to get a head start. Sorting takes a while :) .

Y'all have a Fantastic Friday!!

Mary Z
>^+^<

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:27 am

Good morning sitting in parking lot of gynecologist got appointment this morning ugh. Not for good reason either will keep ya posted just keep me in prayer.

Mary 6 months to do king if work on it every night but I am doing 2 for her so yeah a year for sure.

I was really sick last night extremely tired and this change in weather messing with my sinuses ugh I went to bed at 8 got up at 1040 moved to couch dh snoring drove me nuts. Since I’m decreasing meds my insomnia is returning ugh May have to start a sleeping med soon if can’t get good rest

We’ll need to mosey into dr office oh the joy πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ

Hugs πŸ€— prayers πŸ™ happy stitches 🧡
🐐izzy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:30 am

Good morning!

We were wakened up to the sounds of sirens - lots of them, so Michael is now checking the sky in all directions for smoke. You learn the difference in sound between a fire engine siren and a police siren. There were both out there, and stopped near us,, in our side of town. Where the mountains start. Not a good thing!

I am almost done quilting all the mini stockings. They really are not hard, just a tad time consuming, when you are doing all of them.

Chriss - you asked about my RS lesson for Sunday - it's on Temples, what they mean, and how they help us in our lives. If you ever see a Temple, most of them are built on a hill, and are lit at night, so to be a beacon - especially in our lives. The Temple in Oakland is just that. Back in the early 70's, there was a oil embargo, causing fuels to be in very short supply. We all were asked to turn our lights off at night. The church did so, turned off the lights on the temple. Shortly, the church was asked to turn the lights back on for the temple. The airline pilots flying into the Oakland Airport and San Francisco Airport, used that lighted temple, a beacon, as part of their way in to the airports. It indeed was a beacon of help.

Not much new here, just working on my lesson, sewing, and Ethan will be down. It's parent teacher conferences at his school, so the kids are off today.

Do fun things,
Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:35 am

Good morning, it's going to be a great day today.

Other than getting the boys to and from school and my morning walk there are no real plans. We have been washing the new bedding and things we are taking to Marilyn on Saturday.

My HICAP training is slowing down between open enrollment and covid things don't move forward as quickly as I think they should. I just hope I don't forget what I have learned while waiting to learn more.

Judi, My grandma used to put together a cookbook for the Soroptimist club here. I inherited the recipes that were used in the cook books when she died in 1993. I gave them to a friend who is a member of the club. I also have a zillion cook books that just sit on a dusty shelf. We do use a couple of them but most just sit there. Maybe I will take Marilyn a cookbook each time we go visit.

Velda, Cooler nights are wonderful. I wish I could go through this house and get rid of so much junk but I would have to have it go through DH, He thinks things need to be kept forever. We even have some discs that dont' fit any computer, keys that don't fit any locks etc. drives me nuts.

Maryz, let me know how you like those pans. We not only have an over abundance of cook books but reading books as well. They really need to be taken to the library to be sold. Is this the weekend that Drew will see the progress on his quilt? I bet both of you are super excited. Maybe I am your Santa, maybe I'm not your Santa. time will tell.

Izzy, hope all goes well at the gyno. Has DH had a sleep study test? Might help with the snoring. My sinuses don't like the weather change or the smoke in the air. hope you are feeling better.

Jana, love the temple light story. It's good that temples and churches serve as landmarks. Quite a few of the churches here ( gold rush country) are built on a hill and I was told it was so you could see them as you entered town. You really can tell the difference in the sounds of the sirens. When I was in my 20's I dated a fireman. I worked in a bank and his firehouse was down the road. I could hear that firetruck start up and he would honk that horn as he went by the bank. A sweet memory.

That's really it for me, nothing exciting here but I do love my drama free life.

You all have a super day
Chriss
Psalm 91

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:41 am

Good morning!
Thank you for sending the rain, it's awesome!
Judi, I have 3 shelves in my bookcase of cook books, I collect them ❀ I started collecting after my mom gave me my first cook book at age 16, I fell in love with looking through recipes and trying new things.
Velda, we need to get in and get our flu shots, thanks for the reminder. I have a couple cast iron pans and even bought a couple for each of my kids last year for Christmas.
Mary, no Holly doesn't know I'm making her one. She doesn't even know who the other one is for LOL she just wanted it. I won't be hiding it so if she sees me working in it it's no big deal because she won't know until I give it to her πŸ˜‰ yay for sorting! Yay for getting your LOTR block finished today πŸŽ‰
Izzy, prayers all is ok with you. 6 months seems really fast to quilt a king size by hand!
Jana, sirens wild be a scary thing to wake up to for sure, especially close like that. Your beacon/ airport story gave me goosebumps.
Chriss, I love that idea about take Marilyn a cook book each time you visit ❀
Kevin and Matthew are coming over today, it's clean the pond day! I get to spend time with Matthew while his daddy helps clean the pond. This weekend Jazmyne, Easton and Preston will be staying here even at night so I probably won't get to sew until Monday but I'm blessed to get to spend 3 days with our grands ❀❀
You all have a great day! Prayers for those in need.
Tina

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:56 am

Good Stormy Morning......

Looks like it's going to be that way all Day.

Yesterday I received a wonderful surprise. First a little phone call from Tina seeing if I gad checked my mail because there was a package there. And there was a package! There were 12 wonderful Christmas blocks. one more beautiful than the next. Thank you Christmas angles!!

Well the cleaning lady didn't show up yesterday. Seems her Dr appt ran over time, we'll try again next Thurs.
Need to call the Dr myself today my autoimmune itch started up a few days ago. Don't you just hate it when ignoring it doesn't make it go away? It has been over a year since the last one.

Will try my best to clean off the sewing tables so I can work on my new blocks.

Judi.......I just purged some recipes last week. Why do I need 8 recipes for lemon chickens or 10 for cinn roll??

Vel.......congrats on getting your flu shot. I'll try to get mine at WalMart next week if not CVS. Keep purging those recipes.

Maryz......that's a early morning it's like adding extra hours to your life. Good luck with working out the FS block problem.

Love & Prayers............Kathy

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:26 am

Update gotta love being over 50 an menopause 🀣
I am now on some new meds and treatment all because I’m old lol πŸ˜‚ but it is something that now will require annual visits again. I have to go back in 3 months to see if meds are working.
Lord knows I hope they do πŸ˜“
Oh and still no kitchen sink dh got faucet but after looking into it also need new lines so he is getting them today then maybe fixed by tonight. So getting water from bathroom sink and washing dishes in bucket πŸͺ£ in tub
🐐izzy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:33 am

Jana: quite a story about the Temple lights. Much like a Lighthouse just a bit different.
Izzy: OMG! Prayers for happy answers. Thanks for keeping us posted. Sounds like condition is treatable. Good news!
Chriss, I bet Marilyn will love receiving cook books from you. That's so special!
Well my day is moving along great, so far. Bible study is meeting each Monday at lunch time They all is "Sack Lunch Bible Study". The booklet is a daily devotional. So we get our daily reading and then review the week together on Mondays.
Our Pastor is part of the group and joins us when is schedule allows. I have noticed that other gals miss now and then, too. It's exactly what I needed to keep me disciplined to daily connection and daily readings.
I vaccumed and finished up the house chores that didn't get finished yesterday. Now I can sew as soon as lunch is done.
Keep on enjoying your day!!
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

Return to β€œSew ins”