Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday September 23,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday September 23,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:58 am

Good Morning Everyone,

So I did my VAT / Vestibular Autonomic Test
Basically it screens patients for fall risk and the dr said all is good with me.
I also stripped my by and did all that plus 2 more loads of clothes I swear I don't know where they all come from : :lol: .
Today is our cleaning day and afterwards I will finish cutting out the dinosaurs 🦕 then fuse them down.

Well thats all the news here I hope you all have a great day prayers go out to all.

Lois

suzette58

Re: Thursday September 23,2021

Post by suzette58 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:27 am

Good morning everyone.
The rain has finally stopped. I know we needed it but, the dogs were not happy with it at all. Yesterday I got 2 sides of border for hubby’s quilt done. So, in a little while I am planning to go and get the top and bottom done. I hope everyone has a great day.

Lois - I am glad your test results came out great.
Suzette

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:45 am

Good morning everyone We are in 40s with sunshine later I hope
Lois Your little quilt will be so cute Glad your test was good I had never heard of that one
Suz We too had a lot f rain You are going fast with DHs quilt
I have to clean today & get beds stripped
Hope everyone has a wonderful day & prayers for all the sick & in need
Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:57 am

Good morning, woke early again,,,went downstairs and rearranged kitchen cabinets... took out a bunch of stuff I never use and ran the dishwasher,,,lots if dust there too.
Last night ken did some wiring in the basement and I kept him company,,,,we solved a large design issue of what to do under the stairs...all the pinterest shows some nifty designs but none suited the "design" of ours. we have a low landing and a shallow basement,,,A great thing if theres a flood,,(we are too high out of the ground to get water) and it makes big basement windows and more light. stairs will be rebuilt and a cabinet will be made for under the stairs just to house games and things, we will have a regular set of stairs made..The existing stairs are crooked and ugly...its getting there.
we are still raining,,,3 inches so far and it is likely to rain all day today, they say we will get another inch...I will make home made chicken stock today as the high will only be low 50s. and the stock will turn into chicken noodle soup for supper. hope your day is sew productive XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:00 am

Good morning,

JUDI - Oh, I think rebuilding the stairs is a great idea! You can design the space underneath around your stuff you want to store there. And games and puzzles are purrfect! A temp controlled wine cellar is a good idea, too . . . . :D

SUZ - your panel quilt will be awesome. Does your DH know about it or is it a surprise?

BECCA - is your rain the end of a big storm or is it just ordinary rain? Is your housekeeper back yet after being sick?

LOIS - What did they do for that test? Sounds interesting. I think there are gremlins at work in the laundry basket! On Sunday, I hadn't even gotten my whites into the washer yet and went into the bathroom and there was already a pair of dirty white sox in the hamper! If your dinosaurs came from Fat Cat, I'm sure they are totally cute!

CHRISS - you asked a very interesting question! I collect cats! All kinds of cats, mostly of the ceramic variety. But especially Sylvester the Cat stuff. And I have some Llargos cats that Jana mentioned, though I didn't even know they were a 'thing' until she mentioned it. I also collect shelties, foxes, Interesting S&P shakers, and special very little tea sets. I have about 5 ceramic thimbles from other states. I used to collect souvenir spoons, but I eventually gave them all away. OH, and I also collect little Catholic nuns and statues of the Virgin Mary, my patron saint (since I'm Virginia Mary). Whew! I think that's it! Believe it or not, I have weeded out my collections! If my Santa is reading this, I guess she's got LOTS of ideas, now! :lol:

SHARONA - I'm so glad you got your i-Pad fixed and that the Apple guy was so helpful. Mother Nature just isn't sure yet what she wants to do with Colorado. Here, she's made her decision and I think she's sticking with it - rainy fall is HERE! I sent you a PM clarifying my address. I have two - I live at one and I get mail at the second one which is a box at the UPS store.

MARY Q - Maybe, like Velda, you will find some townhouses or condos that are being built now and can get on the list. One thing, if the kids are buying your house, I guess you don't have to have everything packed up immediately for an instant move. They are living with you now so it's probably OK if you live with them while you pack. lol! I want more details on how you and Shawn are going to organize your sewing room. And which room is it? If I remember right from when we visited, there was one room near the stairs and then two rooms towards the back of the house. . . .

KATHY - today is house cleaning day! Hooray! Did you get your paperwork finished? I hate paperwork, which is odd because when I was little, I loved playing 'office' with my toy phone and a tableleaf for my desk. and I loved charting when I was still working in the hospital. And did you get your bread made? I was thinking of making Snickerdoodle Bread yesterday and even have the recipe out on the counter, but we got some drop in company instead. Visiting with them was more fun (they brought wine! :D ), except then we didn't have any bread.

CHRISS (again), Tell your uncle to go to Boondockers, Welcome he can read all about it. And also Harvest Hosts. and if he's really interested and has questions, you can give him my e-mail and Bill will answer them for him.

Nothing is on my calendar for today except my morning walk. Which just might be in the rain. But that's OK. I haven't melted yet! But it would be nice if just about 20% of me melted. So I am going to try to finish up my "Fellowship Silouette" block today. I'm about half finished with it. It's a humdinger! Hardest one yet by far! Sauron was a walk in the park compared to this one. But I WILL conquer it! I WILL. i will . . . .

Have a grand day!
mary z
>^+^<

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:06 am

Good morning everyone!
Lois, I'm glad your test is good and you're all balanced! I don't know how our laundry accumulates either 🤷‍♀️
Suzette, we could sure use some of that rain! The farmer next door is harvesting green chile and the dust is really hanging in the air. You'll be finished with that quilt today, woohoo!
Becca, don't overdue it today, doing our bed kicks my hiney.
Judi, sorry about all that sheetrock dust. Your basement sounds sooooo cool though, it's going to be THE place to be when done I bet!
Maryz, oh no, I figured the silhouette would be way easier than the bad guy one, see that's what I get for thinking LOL but I know you've got this, you're doing amazing!
We're down to 55° this morning. I'm working on a king size Christmas quilt for DD for her early Christmas present. She saw the one I made her brother the other day and wanted it LOL it's a queen and won't fit her bed..... she said she'd make it work.....I hope she likes the one I'm making her as well. I decorate bedrooms here with Christmas quilts and pillowcases and they've tried talking me out of my quilts so they could do the same so I'm hoping they are happy with theirs. I'm also going to make each grand a Christmas quilt too....1 more queen size and 3 twins. Call me crazy 🤣😂🤣😂🤪🤪🤪
DH said last night that he's taking me to IHOP's this morning! I can't even remember the last time we went out for breakfast.... pretty sure it was a couple months before covid.
You all have a great day! Prayers for those in need.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:35 am

Good morning!

Not much here. Sarah's new shed and chicken coop are all built and ready for her. Took the 6 guys about 5 hours to assemble them both. The shed is 16 ft x 8 feet, with 9 1/2 ft tall ceiling. Lots of windows, even a dormer window on the roof. Lots of light. Sarah will add insulation and drywall to the inside. Part is her office, part her gardening. There is a loft for storage too. It even has already installed window boxes! A definite she shed!

In a bit, I will head down to my Batt Cave and get into trouble. My best talent!

Hugs,
Jana

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:39 am

Good morning all
Just a quick hello. I have been real busy getting more housecleaning done . Got bedroom and living room carpets shampooed. Also got those darn windows and curtains clean.
Had to take Boo to vet Monday. He has had this rash stuff on his tummy for three years kept taking him back to girl vet. ( she is no longer employed there) So this time I asked to see Rudy. The boss. He gave him a steroid shot and an antibiotic. Also increased his water pills. His heart is not good.
Me HMMMMMMMMM Got to get a virus test on Oct 2 So Dr can do a scope on the 5th. We will see what is going on in my hernia. She did put me on a stronger anti inflammatory pill.
Today I am working on my Elfs present. A lot of baby log cabins. LOL
O I have had to really cut down on my coffee. Ugh
Well I need to go sew.
You all have a great sewing day
I may be back later.
Katy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:54 am

Good beautiful morning, it's going to be a great day today.

We are going to Marilyn's on Saturday rather than Monday. She's getting two hand me down quilts. One made by Jerry's grandma who worked in a garment factory in Illinois. It's all made of polyester squares and has sashing, it even has some kind of batting. it's very heavy. The other is more lightweight and was made by Jerry's mom. When these women made quilts they pulled the backing edges over the top and zig zagged them down to make the binding. I have a couple of quilts Jerry's mom made where she used muslin, they just are falling apart and beyond repair.

Lois, glad you passed the VAT. Are you doing many colored dino's or are they all green?

Suzette, you are plugging right along with that JD quilt.

Becca, seems today is bed stripping day, I just may do mine too.

Judi, brilliant idea for under the stairs. And you are blessed to live with the guy who can make it happen.

Maryz, thanks for the Boondockers info. Good luck on that block, it looks a little difficult. Love the collection answer. you really collect a lot of things, and you are right, I was trying to get my elf to answer the question. Maybe she did or maybe she didn't answer but if it's you I do have a lot to go on.

Tina, stinker kids wanting your quilts. Enjoy IHOP, they closed the IHOP that was closest to me. Maybe Jerry and I can take Marilyn to an IHOP in her area Saturday.

Jana, your post reminded me of that how many does it take to screw in a lightbulb joke. glad the coop is ready for chickens.

Katy, I love log cabins, what are you making with yours?

I need to get dressed and go next door. Jerry is still in bed. I hate to disturb him but need to wear something other than jammies to take the boys to school.

Thanks for answering the what do you collect question. And if you are my elf and haven't answered yet please do. If you are my elf and have answered, thanks.

Have a groovy day
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:10 am

Good morning my morning started off with a nice leak under my kitchen sink in about 3 inches of water in the cabinet so I had water everywhere so DH is looking for a new faucet as we speak with no luck so far of course everything is stuck on a boat out off the California coast line

Little man is on his way daddy had a migraine this morning so they’re running behind so thank goodness cause my kitchen was a hot mess

Got my king size quilt loaded into my hand quilter so that I can start stitching with it now that it’s in the frame

Getting a backing together for my snowman quilt so that I can load it on the long arm and start working on it and that will make another UFO complete

So that is it for me looks like all of you are busy to our rain finally stopped to Suzette and now we are 50° with a high of 60 I think today i’ve opened all my windows

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

Return to “Sew ins”