Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday September 20th

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Monday September 20th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:27 am

Good morning.

Guess you could put me in the I can't sleep category today. Thankfully I don't have to go anywhere. My stuffy head started last night and it looks like it will be here today as well.

Threw a load of jeans in the wash and decided that coffee and a chat with you all was a great way to start the day.

Did my Costco run yesterday. Found some jeans for DH, kitchen towels, and bath towels. I've had my bath towels for easily 20 or more years, these will last as long and hopefully be the last towels I will ever need to buy.

Asked Marilyn if she needed flannel sheets and a girls day so will go there on Monday the 27th. We will hit the grocery store and make sure she has some winter clothes to keep her warm. I'd really like to just give her an Amazon gift card to shop herself but I wouldn't get to see my girl. It's 215 miles from here and should take 3 1/2 hours or so. I just hate the road construction, wish there were a way around it. But it could always be worse.

Tina, glad you updated your hints, wouldn't want to send you coal for your stocking. I could be your Santa, or I could not be your Santa. At this point it's sort of a coin toss.

Kathy, where are you girl?

Lyn, are you supposed to get results on Wednesday? Waiting isn't easy

Today I will get the boys off to school and thengo for a walk with at least one of the group I hang with. After that I will take a load to the thrift store. When I get home we will see what kind of trouble I can cause around here.

You all have a fantastic day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Becca

Re: Monday September 20th

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:53 am

Good morning Chris & everyone that joins in Cloudy here after a rainy night
It was a messed up night of sleep here due to pain I hate taking anything but I must
Chris I too sent 2 more bags of clothes with Denise for their Church ministry
I have really weeded out my closet Only need to go thru shoes They are too low on the floor so will get them later
They got my front flower bed ready for Winter & my flower boxes
We had a great day visiting
Yesterday my other DS FaceTime with us & we caught up with his family
One of the set of twins was very sick with croup Gabriel has asthma too & that doesnโ€™t help
I need to get moving I am slow this morning Too wet to walk yet
Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:03 am

Good morning CHriss looks like you have a busy day, I changed the sheets this morning, and will straighten up down stairs and get ready to meet for my lunch date, I still have a bit of a cold or allergies not sure. I dont feel sick at all but snotty.
Not much alse today,,,except turing 75 is really surprizing,,,never thought I would be this good at this age...but its genietics my grandmothet went to visit my uncle in South America when she was 83....just packed up and went...nothing kept her down...she was amazing. hope your day goes well XXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOO PS want to share a blessing in my life. I have 1 living brother, He is currently living in North Carolina for work. He always wishes my a happy birthday on Facebook. but I quit facrbook so i dont hear from him very often,,,he texted me out of the blue last night and told me he was flying in for the baby shower of his first great grandchild,,,and invited me to dinner while he is here, since we rrarely see each other ( maybe once a year) this is a real treat,,,and I call it a blessing..
Last edited by grammiequilts on Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:07 am

Good morning,

CHRISS - I slept well, until I didn't. So I was up and showered by 0400. I feel the same way about my grandsons. So they are coming on Sept 26th for supper and an LOTR confab/design meeting. Glad they only live 30 miles away and not hundreds.

BECCA - sorry to hear you are in pain. I, too, hate to take something, but sometimes ya gotta. I hope it eases up for you. Just looking at all the work the kids did for you should cheer you. I hope the twins are feeling better soon, too.

JUDI - Happy Birthday, Girlfriend! Hope you are feeling better! I think attitude has so much to do with health and longevity.

VELDA - how goes the diaper project?

SHARONA - Nice that you arranged a big win for your football watching party! I thought we'd arrange a big win, too, until suddenly we gave it away. :cry: I have to say, Seahawks opponants, TN Titans, deserved the win yesterday.

TINA - that's a lot of housework for one day! Now lock the door, quick, and don't let anyone in to mess it up!

After a few uglies yesterday, I spent about 4 hours in my sewing room and have all the sections of my big block, Sauron (15"x20") sewn. Today, after a dr appt, I will put those sections together, like a jigsaw puzzle. I've started dreaming at night how to put this baby together. My dream is mixed up with DH's plans for a sign he's making for the end of our driveway for our Boondockers to find us easily. I think both projects will get the same highlight, narrow border treatment! lol!

Have a Marvy Monday!

Mary z
>^+^<

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:14 am

Rain was here last night but this morning we have sun.
We have been helping at the kids house. So the blinds are up, the garage is painted. Fran will use 1/2 for her wood cutting and other projects. She has great ideas and will probably being doing the local fairs when she gets and Joe get settled in. Today--the appraiser is coming--you know the man that says you qualify for a mortgage. Since they already went to closing on Thurs, I find that strange. Don't you?? Fran did call the agent and was told "it happens". They flew back to LI with no delay and even landed early. SO everything went wonderful for them in the purchase of "their 1st house together" I thank GOD for all their good fortune and the happy memories they will make.

Off for coffee and a very quiet house after the last few days.
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:28 am

Good morning!

It's a turn on the furnace morning! We are 41, a tad bit cold! I would say.

Not much planned for us today. A few uglies. Sarah wants to work on a Christmas quilt she has in progress and I am gathering fabrics needed for my Christmas Ribbons quilt. May need a trip to a LQS later. I did tame the Christmas fabric explosion on my sewing island, so I now have space to start something else. Most of the Christmas fabrics I have are not enough for this quilt.

Our little Lila stole the show at her grandmother's wedding Saturday. It was the first dance at the reception. Lila loves to dance. She saw her grandmother dancing, so Lila grabbed her little boy cousin, those two are the same age, and started dancing. A proper dance hold position and in time with the music.. I finally saw the video of those two. They were adorable! The wedding photographer saw them and took pictures. Lila saw she was getting her picture being taken, so hammed it up. At the end of the dance, Lila leaned over and kissed her little cousin on the cheek. Oh my, Aaron will have his hands full with that girl! She's just 3.

Happy birthday Judi! Have a super day!

Well, time to get my day going,

Do fun things!
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:01 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Monday! What a busy weekend! Didn't even make it into the office to sign on and wish you all a happy weekend! Not sure I can even remember what kept me away... tho yesterday my SIL Laurie and I went up to the big craft store---our annual pilgrimage! bought a teeny bit of fabric (it was nice stuff at $6./yd.. how could you resist! :lol: :lol: ) and some things to make some Christmas Gifts!

Chriss... I finally broke down and bought some Melatonin to see if that would help me sleep. Took on last night and it seemed to help---either that or I was just good and tired. Isn't it fun to buy new towels! I love pretty towels and bought some new ones before the kids came. I too have some from 20 years ago.. they have gone to the rag box and towels to clean the dog! :lol: :lol:

Becca... Oh dear so sorry to hear that a set of Twins is sick! Will send some prayers along for speedy recovery. Looks like it's going to be a rainy day here too.. but we need to get the ground good and wet before it freezes or we'll have drought in the spring again.

Judi... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! A date for lunch!? How fun! I hope you are going someplace nice for you birthday... one of those places where the bring you a free cupcake with a candle!

Maryz... Up AND Showered at 0400!!! It's still dark then silly! Since I was gone all weekend I'll have to go back and check your progress reports on the LOTR. and check pictures...It still amazes that you have done all those so fast! Had I been asked to make a quilt like that... I'd have just bought a panel! What a wonderful Gramma you are!

Diane... Gosh, I've never heard of that... for an appraiser to come AFTER closing. When will they be actually moving in? Moving that distance I hope they were able to hire professional movers... After Moving kids from Canada to Minnesota.. Shawn swears he will NEVER do that again!

Jana.... Oh dear... Fabric Exploded in your sewing room too? When I was at the craft store yesterday, they had so much absolutely gorgeous Christmas Fabric....but I was a good girl.... I didn't buy any.. Knowing that I have 3 tote boxes full in my garage, including one box just of scraps and strips!

Ok, so I did buy a little fabric yesterday... some pretty flowery prints that I couldn't resist at $6/yd, but I also the perfect project boxes that I have been looking every where for. The fit just perfect on shelf Dave gave me and I needed more. Amazon sells them for $17 EACH but at the craft place they were $7. So I stocked up on a few! Today my to do list includes organizing those boxes and washing and ironing the new fabric. As soon as that is done and I clear off a space, I'm going to start quilting a small quilt that I pinned last week. It's a relatively small one so I think I should be able to do myself.

Well, If I can going to get anything done today I better grab a HUGE cup of coffee and head down stairs. Am waiting for an Amazon order of Heat and Bond to arrive this morning so I can trace some things for my Christmas projects while I watch TV tonight!

wishing you all GREAT Monday!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:08 am

Happy birthday Judi. Sounds like you have a fun day planned. Enjoy. Eat Cake!๐ŸŽ‚

Mary Rose, hope you enjoy a wonderful birthday. And of course, eat a big slice of cake! ๐Ÿฐ
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:09 am

Good morning, temps on the rise again. Looking at 90 degrees today. So looking forward to Nov. October can still be quite warm here.

Was able to finish the center of my TATW at Free Sew yesterday and now just need to put the borders on. They are cut and the first border sewed together. I think I will get enough more fabric for pillow cases. I checked yesterday and the shop has plenty.

Lots of business things to do today and a few things needed at the grocery. Then hopefully some sewing. Slowly learning all the functions of my new machine. Wow, I had no idea all it could do. Now that I know how to set the 1/4 inch quilting stitch, things should go much better with my blocks.

Off to pack up the Halloween blocks and get them in the mail. Couldn't get to the PO on Sat AM and none open here on Sunday.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:34 am

Good late morning everyone and 35th wedding anniversary in this weekend DH decided to take me away for a mystery weekend we went to Branson Missouri which he thought was a 5 Hour Drive and actually was an 8 Hour Drive so he had to rearrange Sunday so that we could stay an extra night so we wouldnโ€™t have to turn right around and drive home ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

We got to see they play Jesus it was absolutely stunning was really nice and then we went on a 2 1/2 hour trail ride we got to use a golf cart it was beautiful seeing everything we even went into a cave that was really nice

I read your post you all are so busy weather here is rainy to for the next three days so Iโ€™m busy with work just now on lunch break

I hope to get in my sewing room tonight and work on some UFOs

Little man wants me to help get the bugs out of the drain in the pool and catch his big frog so I better go

He wanted me to tell you itโ€™s a huge one not just big but really huge ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Hugs ๐Ÿค— prayers ๐Ÿ™ happy stitches ๐Ÿงต
๐Ÿizzy

Return to โ€œSew insโ€