Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday September 19 2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Sunday September 19 2021

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:13 am

Good morning Everyone,
Today I have no plans Bill is going to our nephews to watch football I will be here but just not know what I want to do.

Mary your blocks are awesome you are doing a terrific Job.
I did get my Christmas blocks back so maybe I will play with them on the design wall.

Well thats all the news here I hope you all have a great day prayers go out to all.

Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Sunday September 19 2021

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:27 am

Good morning,,after a busy weekend of hockey and football I have gotten a head cold...I guess too many close contacts with all the people. Its not covid or the wuhan virus, or the china virus, just a plain old head cold....I have doubled up on the Vit C and using Zicam... I feel ok just snotty.
Today Ken will go to the grocery store (just a small list) and I will putter around here,
I have plans for lunch tomorrow with my sister and good friend,,,they called to take me out for my birthday,,,I am debating now if I should cancell or not. I will see ho I feel by this afternoon.
Well I slept till 8 and should get dressed and get some coffee. Have a wonderful day,,,My word of the day is gratitude,,,I am grateful for thaall the wonderful people in my life seen and unseen...XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:51 am

Good morning,

LOIS - I think playing with your Christmas blocks would be the purrfect thing to do today! I would do mine if I weren't caught up in my other project. And thanks for your comments. :)

VELDA - your diaper project must have happened while I was camping. I've never known anyone that made diapers. Actually, while the environment suffers from disposables, they are better for babies. But I always buy a dozen cloth diapers for gifts anyway because they are so handy for burpcloths and other uses.

JANA - how did the wedding go? I hope it work out for everybody! I'm really anxious to see your Christmas Ribbons. Are you hoping to have it finished for this Christmas? Only the red truck mini-sock left to do? I see you saved the best for last! :D

JUDI - so sorry about your cold. I hope that's all it is. We're all so jumpy these days at the first sniffle. I'm sorry you'll be spending your birthday TOMORROW sick. Maybe you can do lunch a week late? Did you finish your tablerunner yet? Is this one for Colleen, too? How did hockey go yesterday?

CHRISS - Is your uncle still visiting? Where does he live?

LYN - any word yet?

We are cool and drizzly this morning. Summer is definitely over here. No more mornings out on the deck. Yesterday I finished the laundry and washed 3 small quilts that we use on the deck. Time to pack them away. I think today I'll remake the trailer bed with clean flannel sheets, do some straightening up around the house, work on LOTR, and watch the Seahawks who start playing at 1:30. We have a lot of yard cleanup that needs to be done after our stormy weekend but that can wait until a dry day later this week. Three days of rain has been a joy to watch, hear, feel, and smell. But I'm done now.

I spent most of yesterday and an hour on Friday working on Sauron, the evil guy in LOTR. This block is 15"x20" and has 8 pages of patterns. So far I have 3 pages done. I think this is going to be a 3 or 4 day block. My grandsons are coming next Sunday for dinner and we'll go over the blocks I have finished and decide which of the blocks left to do are the most important to the story and to Drew and start working on arrangement. He wants queen size. Drew is really such a nice, respectful young man and he has treasured every quilt I've ever made him and rotates them through the year in his house. He is a joy to sew for, But I hope he never asks for a quilt like this ever again!! (And, Lord, please don't let his brother decide he wants one, too!) Because some of you asked to see my blocks I posted some photos of them. I really have trouble with multiple picture posting, as you will see.

I had one cold laser treatment for my carpal tunnel about 10 days ago at the chiropractor. And every day since then it has improved. I only wear my brace about half the time now. I am pretty sure I won't even need a second treatment when I go back next Wed. No surgery! Yay!!

Hoping everyone has a great Sunday!

Piece!
Mary Z
>^+^<

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:05 am

Good morning everyone, just thought I do a quick drive by and check in.

Grammie sorry to hear you are not up to par. Maybe a good old cup of tea and a nap before you go out.

Updates on my life:
1. Guess I am going to be a great grandma again sometime in December. Rosalina will have a younger brother.
2. Fell a couple of weeks ago, missed a curb. Knee is doing better but still aches if on it too much, can't kneel yet. Shin is still bruised and hurts if I touch it
3. Have not heard anything from my DBIL since Aug 27. He has found a lady friend to help him so I guess I am not needed. Initially that hurt but I have resigned myself to it and it is not something I am going to dwell on.
4. I have the new sewing machine set up finally. I think I am doing something wrong with threading it as the connection between the upper and lower threads keeps breaking. Maybe the machine is too smart for me. I am going to see if I can find a Youtube video. So nice to not have to worry about getting the machine out and setting it up.
5. I am keeping up with my Fabulous 40's class and my BOM. Last block was a bit difficult and didn't come out the full 12.5 inches but close enough I am not going to take it apart at this time. Getting close to finishing the TATW. Just need to sew the center seam and then the borders. Slow progress on my Dresden Plate also.

Today back to free sew and hope to make good progress. By the way, I have picked up a new home health (not hospice) patient. She is 106! NOT A TYPO! When I asked her what she needed from me she said to make her better. Ok sure, at 106, no problem! She lives mostly alone, her grandson is there after work and her niece lives next door. She has a housekeeper once a month for heavy stuff. Walks with a cane in the house (when she remembers she needs it). Always dressed very nicely and house is spotless. I am always at a loss for what to do for her when I visit. The oldest patient I ever had was 107 and lived in a board and care. I am not sure I can fix 106!

Well lots to do before caregiver gets here. Gotta get
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:10 am

Good morning. I wanted to hop in here before church.
Maryz. About the diapers. I started out thinking I was volunteering for old fashioned cotton diapers. Wrong! New is fitted, with added changeable soaker pads, fashion outer covers( we called "rubber pants".)
I am not making outer covers as she is a gal not wanting traditional pastels of pink and blue but rather black and white and something weird like scary stuff. Yuk! For an infant??? Just weird!! She's big on Halloween and Nightmare before Christmas, and stuff like that.
So I said, "you can purchase your special theme outer covers". πŸ€—
Might start with a sample diaper this week. I can share a picture when I do .
Thanks for your update, Valerie. Wow, lots going on. Also, wow, wow, wow, 106!!
Sounds like she is doing quite well. Judi, hope you feel better soon. Lois, enjoy your "by-my-self" day. πŸ˜‰πŸͺ‘🧡
Better get ready for church.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:46 am

Velda how are you making them water proof?

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:58 am

Good morning girls, I have a feeling fall is here and winter is around the corner.

I broke out my warm slippers this morning, the tootsies were a bit chilly. There are clouds in the sky threatening moisture. it's going to be a gorgeous Sunday.

Went to some yard sales yesterday. spent $2 on my elf, yep, bet that gets the "oh my gosh is she my Santa" minds rolling. Never did make it to my local thrift store to make my donation so will do that Monday.

Today the plan is to go to Costco, they have these wonderful bath towels, they are very thick. Jerry and I bought two and were amazed so I am getting more. Then I want to find a pair of slip on tennis shoes. I will settle for skechers, but want to see what is out there.

We start walking on Monday. it's been too hot to walk but now I think since it's cooling down we can tighten my thighs and tummy right up.

Maryz, you sure are learning those LOTR characters and creating them beautifully. Yes, my aunt and uncle will leave this morning. They live in Alturas, Ca. It's about 400+ miles from here and they are pulling a 5th wheel so it will take them a little while, especially with the road construction.

Valerie, glad you are healing from your fall. Guess that with your BIL not on your list of things to worry about it means God has relieved your stress a bit.

Velda, wow, those diapers are way more involved than I thought they would be. How was lunch bible study? are you all settled in your new house?

Lois, yay for a free day. You could take a bubble bath. I'm going to Costco if you'd like to go with me, I'll pick you up. You could list or edit your SS hints if you haven't already. You could get a mani/pedi ( something I have never done), you could go to all the yard sales in your area and pick me up first.

time to get dressed and get moving, you all have a great day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:12 am

Good morning!

Thought most of the night we would wake up and be in Kansas! The wind was blowing and blowing fiercely. Still is blowing now, but not as hard. The sun is shining brightly too.

I have three mini stockings left to blanket stitch. Then fuse and quilt them, maybe. I am not sure I want much thickness. I do have some fusible Batt that is not to thick, so will see.

Church is shortly, then back home and will sew. My Giants and BYU both won last night. It was fun trying to watch both at the same time! My 49ers play today, but not on my stations here. I do get the Giants game.

Well, time to get dressed and find a presentable face from the drawer,
Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:16 am

Hello ladies!

Another drive-by - I have DH's brother and wife showing up any minute to watch the game. Nothing new here anyway! Have a blessed day. xoxo Sharona

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:17 pm

Chriss I had not thought of that. You are right. God answers prayers
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to β€œSew ins”