Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday September 18th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Saturday September 18th

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:46 am

Good morning cool and breezy. windows are opened, Not much will get done today as we have hockey tournaments to go to. We did go to the football game last night and it was fun, I know nothing about football but we needed to wtch our grandson play.
Finished the binding on the star quilt and got that put away,,,found another table runner I started ( it was under the star quilt on my LA table) and I will finish that maybe tomorrow..had a nice visit with my friend yesterday,
Have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Re: Saturday September 18th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:07 am

Good morning,

We are home from camping. Had a really nice time. We were at a State park we'd never been to before and it was beautiful and so quiet. Several deer in camp, which are always fun to watch. We got home yesterday afternoon and unpacked. Got 3 loads of laundry done, and now it's like we never left, except there's still 2 more loads of wash. It's time to swap out the cotton sheets for flannels in the trailer so I was washing sheets, too. We have a big wind/rain storm going on here - well, big for us, anyway. First actual rain in 3 months. And it's making up for lost time! Today's plan is to finish the wash and get back to LOTR.

JUDI - Did Nolan win his game? Did he get to play much? And how is Ken liking his first week of work? Is it a 40-hr/week job? Hard to adjust to after being retired for so long. Did you finish your tablerunner? I have a very similar hand-drawn pattern my very first Santa sent me and I made it in Christmas fabrics. I think that was Beth Street. in 2008

SHERRY - glad you found the Fandom website with the LOTR patterns. They are daunting for sure! At first I said, "No way!". But I couldn't find anything else, so I decided to give one a try to see how it went. I had to do a little research on paper-piecing and re-teach myself. It's slow-going and I still have 2/3 of the blocks to make, which are, of course, the hardest ones. I'm tearing my hair out over some of them, but I'm still plugging along. I ordered LOTR fabric and it arrived from England while we were camping. It was NOT cheap so now I'm really committed!

MARY Q - did you do any more house hunting? I'm still updating my Xmas Hints. Even this morning, I added and changed some things. Wouldn't a rule to 'spend no money; be great! Really makes one put on their thinking caps.

Coffee is done and I want to go get a cup. I'll be back later! Have a Super Saturday!

Mary z

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:19 am

Good morning Ladies,

Today I'm by myself till the afternoon Bill went fishing with Billy and my brother inlaw Richie.
The house is all straightened and I'm dressed for the day.
I don't know what I feel like doing today so will see.
Judi so glad you had a nice day yesterday.
Mary z glad your home and everything went well with your camping trip.

Well thats all the news here everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:20 am

Good morning!

It's raining! Such a good thing. Will rain off and on for most of the day. Today is Kate's mom's wedding. Kate is not pleased with the choice, the guy is a bit on the shady side, that's being a kind way of saying it. But as Kate says, it's her mom's choice. The mom has been a bridezilla through this whole thing. I needed to fix the hem in Aaron's pants last night. Aaron is on duty for a few hours this morning, and then they head to the wedding venue. Aaron told his boss, call me out and back to work, for any type of incident, anything to get out of having to be at this wedding. I did tell him to behave!

I was able to get all but the last mini stocking done before I needed to fix Aaron's pants. The last one is the red truck with the Christmas tree in back. I am fussing over the red for the truck, a solid, a print that reads solid or a print. I have a abundance of red fabric, it's my favorite color, so now to audition for the right piece. I also pulled a white background with hit and miss small red squares for my Christmas Ribbons quilt. Hope I have enough of it. It's perfect!

Well, time to get dressed for the day, even though a jammie day would be nice,

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:28 am

Good morning πŸŒ„ It's another beautiful day here. Another hot weekend. Then weather will begin to turn to fall. I think I am ready!
I am busy sewing for church today. Then I plan to take a look at the cloth diaper pattern. Until I try one, I don't know if I want to do this as my gift to my niece. She sure is persistent. She message more links for me. Yee gads!! I know I stuck my foot in my mouth now!! LOL
Maybe it will be easier than I imagine. πŸ€”
Great idea you shared, Maryz:. Go revisit you SS hints. When you go over it, you may find a way to express it better.
I love how we all want to spend less and still have MORE fun!!!?
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

Return to β€œSew ins”