Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday September 17th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Friday September 17th

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:46 am

Good Morning,,,not much going on here,,,,we did visit the kiddo's last night and had a nice visit. Today A friend is stopping by for coffee and a chat,( she is i the process of a divorce) always needing a chat,,,I might run up to the store and get a treat to go with coffee...I dont bake since we are on diets here, I really love baking but just have to lay low till we both reach somewhat of a diet goal..We both need to lose some but anything makes us healthier...I am doing low carb BUT .just keeping them low...no drastic changes,,,slow and steady wins the race. I went through the hints and it appears we have come up with a secret santa theme...While cleaning out my linens I found something perfect for my secret santa,,,a gift I recieved and never used,,,but so very appropriate for her..I also found a box to send everything out in,,,
Well I need coffee and get this show on the road...hope your day is filled with fun and friendship. XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: Friday September 17th

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:07 am

Good morning Judi and all who follow,

Judi I here you on the diet me and Bill are watch all those carbs I don't bake as much as I use to I bake I baked a banana bread a couple of weeks ago and sent half nextdoor to my brother inlaw and the rest I sliced wrapped and put in the freezer for another time.

Today after errands I will go in my sewing room I'm behind three months on blocks so thats what I have planned for today.

I hope everyone does there hints soon.

Well thats all the news here everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:47 am

Top of the morning to Everyone!

I try to keep us low carb, but every once in a while a package of those mini muffins falls in the grocery basket. :lol:

New Dr appt is next Wednesday, test results better be back. If all goes well, I'm hoping we can head to Colorado next Friday. Won't be there very long before we head to Texas, probably less than 2 weeks.

I have contacted Lincare for my CPap machine. Since they're all over the country, it makes sense for me to use them.

Have to finish rag quilt this weekend and help neighbor girl with her hair for homecoming tomorrow night.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:26 am

Good crisp cool morning. it's going to be a fun day today.

Last night I met with my parents and uncle for dinner. Spaghetti. I brought spaghetti squash and Jerry brought a peach cobbler. I just love listening my dad and uncle talk about their "olden days" One will say do you remember so and so, the other will say yes, he was married to, then they tell tales about it. they could go on forever and I could listen forever.

Today my aunt, step mom and I go to lunch. My aunt wants to go to black bear diner. then we will get together for dinner and have fish taco's. Jerry will make Spanish rice and a dessert.

My uncle gave me a special gift that was given to his now deceased wife by my grandmother. It was very unexpected. He is my favorite uncle. My grandma had a cousin who had a gold My grandma got two gold nuggets from the mine and had them made into necklaces. One for my aunt and the other for my step mom. My uncle gave me the one that she had given my aunt.

Judi, nice to have found a SS gift. I have no clue what my elf would like. Hoping to figure it out soon. Low carb is what I am doing too although with my aunt and uncle here I've had too much dessert with ice cream. Not partaking tonight, I think Jerry is making a blackberry cobbler and I am not a blackberry fan. Glad you had a nice visit with the kids.

Lois, I love banana bread. Which blocks are you making? I need to make trick or treat bags for the boys. I also hope everyone adds their hints or updates them soon, I want to get started on something soon but don't know what yet, did you edit your hints? I seem to edit a zillion times before names are drawn so mine are in order.

Lyn, hope Wednesday tells you you can start for home. You are a blessing to your neighbor girl, I bet she loves getting to go to homecoming in style.

Well I believe I will refill the cup with hot coffee and get my day started. Hope you all have a blessed day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:33 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here
Judi It is hard to always be on guard about our diet I try to DH needs to gain I lost while hurt
Lyn I sure hope the test results are there & you can be on your way That’s so nice to help the neighbor with her hair
Safe travels when you head out
Chris So happy for you with your treasure Great to be able to hear your loved ones talking about old times
I got my cleaning done yesterday Didn’t help me any but it’s done Will be awhile before our lady comes back
I hope to get a few masks made today Seems we will be wearing them for sometime
Have a great day everyone. Becca

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:40 am

Morning
Finished clothes/bedding from barn Wednesday. I think about 100 loads on all. Mowing today. We should take off for Pennsylvania between Sunday and Wed....yes! We had covid tests done as precaution, and are negative.
Have a sew great day
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:42 am

Good morning!

Chriss - when you have your Dad and uncle together, be sneaky and turn your phone on to record the stories they share. Don't tell them, or they will get self conscious. A great way to get family history. What a wonderful gift.

I've been up and busy getting straightened up here for my little friend to run. After our devotional,
then it's play time. Michael is busy working. On the 21st of this month, he will have worked for his company for 50 years. Quite an accomplishment in this day and age. He has made many changes and improved the trains over these years. He had a goal of making the train system better than when he hired on, before he retired, and he has!

Well, time to go,
Hugs,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:56 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. Got my laundry done yesterday so need to fold and put away. Also need to sweep floors and dust again. Amazing how fast dust collects out here in the country.

Tomorrow will be college football day. First my Michigan Wolverines are on at noon. After that game I will probably watch at least some of the Ohio State game. So glad I got the lawn mowed because it is supposed to get quite hot for next few days.

Will probably watch my Chicago Cubs game tonight. My Cubs aren't doing well at all since they traded away most all of our good players.

Hope everyone has a good day. Time to get breakfast for me and the furbabies.

Sherry

womster

Post by womster » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:15 am

Good morning!

I thought I had posted yesterday - must have been dreaming that. Today I put the almost last part on my Halloween blocks, with plans to mail them on Monday. DH's brother and wife are coming Sunday to watch the Broncos game, so I need to get busy cleaning. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”