Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday September 16,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday September 16,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:00 am

Good morning Everyone,
I already have a batch of skinny taste bagels in the oven.
Today Is our cleaning day and I have some wash that needs to be done so that will be my day.
For Christmas I'm making Bill a quilt with a marine solder on it some one on facebook inspired me I ordered the panel from missouri star.
Well thats all the news here I hope everyone has a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Re: Thursday September 16,2021

Post by velvet » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:30 am

Good morning to all y'all

My DS and DDIL flew in with no problem yesterday. At 10 they go have the final walk thru. They are so very excited. Closing at 2 this afternoon. Fingers crossed for no hic-cups with the paper work for them.
Paul and Amy with the 2 little ones are coming over around 6. Fran and Joe can't wait to see them.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Diane

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:42 am

Keep your fingers crossed for the closing today for my kids. Thanks
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:50 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here after rain yesterday evening
Lois I too will join you in cleaning 🧹 today Our lady will be absent for some time
Diane I know it’s an exciting time for your family Hope all goes smooth for them
I have been to Town 3 days in a row Will be nice to stay Home I hate haven’t to dress & go out
Hope everyone has a wonderful day & stay well and happy
Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:53 am

Good morning I slept in again and think I finally caught up on my sleep. 9 hours. I have no plans today but I did get to sew yesterday and think I might be in the sewing room today, I do need to mop the bathroom floor but that only takes a few minutes, It is a fresh 55 out this morning and I have windows opened and fresh air coming in...it is a good feeling. I should start the fall clean up outside but I think it will wait till the weekend. I havent bought mums this year so tomorrow I will get some potted mum for the porch.
Heading over to DDs tonight it is a night when everyone is home and we havent seen them in 3 weeks....Must have our kid fix,
Well I need another cuppa and see what I can get into...have a wonderful day,,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO
Last edited by grammiequilts on Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:59 am

Good morning. Nothing much to report from here. Drinking coffee ☕ and reading posts.
Need to get breakfast, morning meds, do our exercise, a daily bible study, then I will see what goes after that. Maybe I can sew today??
Still researching the cloth diapers challenge. My niece shared another site. Need to switch to lap top, so I can print the pattern. This one might be the right one. I will play around with some fabric and see how to sew. Then I can shop for just the cutest fabric for the real gift.
🤗
HUGS, 💕 Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:13 am

Velda did I miss something what is the diaper challange?

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:04 am

Good Cloudy Damp Morning........lingering showers.

I'll be doing a few small loads of laundry. The repairwoman came last week the suspension system needs replacement so she'll be back on Mon.

Today is knitting day & I'll be happy to go. I also need some more books on CD.

Prayers for our country & it's crazy mixed condition.

Lois......are you baking so early? What a yummy treat. Your DH will love that quilt!

Diane......Prayers for a smooth day for the closing.

Becca.....hope you get to stay home & clean today. Take it easy on yourself with the cleaning.

Judi........happy to hear you caught up on your sleep. That feels so so good. Hope you get to the sewing room.

I just got a call from my SS2....be back soon........

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:34 am

Good morning, a second time!

I was typing along and fat fingered a key and poof! At least I hadn't got far.

So, nothing new around here. Michael is working and I am playing. This is busy time in the sod business, so Sarah is too. It's nearing the end of the cutting, so clients are scrambling.

Kate is putting in her bid for the station near our house here. That will be nice to get, as it makes work only a few blocks from their house. Close to us and Sarah, as Lila stays at Sarah's when Aaron is at work.

So after breakfast, come join me in the Batt Cave!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:46 am

Good Morning Girls

Nice cool sunny days... fall is in the air... Every day I see more leaves turning... The summer sure went by fast!

Lois... Meet you in the laundry room.. Am headed there myself. While Mr. Maytag is doing his thing, I think I'll sneak across the hall to sewing room and see what trouble I can get into there!

Diane... Fingers and toes crossed for a smooth closing this afternoon. Hope their new home brings your DS and family many years of happiness!

Becca... You sound like a home-body.... just like me! IF I don't have to take a shower and go out for anything.. I'm a happy girl. In the winter... I can go a whole week without leaving the house! You would think my house would be super clean staying in the house all the time.... not so much! :lol: :lol:

Judi.... Don't you just love open windows!!! Three weeks since you've seen you kids!??? I bet you are just aching for some squeezes!

Velda... cloth diaper challenge? Oh gosh.. can you even find cloth diapers any more?

Kathy... Oh gosh my dear you sound so much better these days!! And getting out to knitting again! AWESOME!

Jana... I will be joining you in the sewing room.... as soon as I finish cleaning up kitchen... and find my biggest coffee mug to take down with me.

Speaking of which.... I need more java.... then will get butt in gear. Tomorrow a new quilting friend is coming over for coffee.. She has a little Brother sewing machine that is giving her fits so I'm going to see if I can help her fix it. Or I will lend her my little Elna for a while. My DDIL Kris is going to make some scones for us... I so love that she loves to bake.... :) :)

Wishing you all a great Day!

PS.... Elves...... please post your hints!!! We Santa's want to start shopping! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Sew ins”