Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

wednesday September 14th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

wednesday September 14th

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:04 am

Good morning I slept in today til 730 I am trying to catch up. Camper is done clothes are put away, Sti have some summer clothes to but in a bin,,,if we are able to go to Florida next year I will just carry it out to the camper and we will be good to go.
More housework to do. But I think its possible I will get to the sewing room today and get DDs table runners done....fingers crossed.
Well i need coffee and get this body moving,,,hope you have a great day XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Marilynsgrammy

Re: wednesday September 14th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:30 am

Good morning, I had a heck of a time sleeping last night.

Seems a dog needed to bark most of the night and it probably didn't help that I had a dinner full of high carb and sugar along with iced tea. I will fix that today only to mess it up on Thursday.

My uncle is in town and he loves to cook. Last night we had something called a hay stack. Tortilla chips, chili, cheese, lettuce, tomato. We also had a pizza. and because we are no slouches we had store bought white cake with white frosting and vanilla ice cream. I had it all and my stomach is less than thrilled this morning. Thursday we get together and it will be spaghetti. I think I will make zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash and make mine a lower carb meal. Jerry will make peach cobbler which goes amazingly well with spaghetti, I will pass on dessert.

Friday my aunt ( here with my uncle) wants to have a girls day with me and my step mom. I have no clue what to do, there really isn't much around here except for shopping and everything is over an hour away. I'm trying to think of something, any ideas?

Lois, more laundry? yuck. I imagine you could edit your hints anytime you like. Maybe just post here in the sew in that you updated them. I know I check the hints of my elf often to see if there are changes, perhaps others do to? Or maybe let Maryq know to let your Santa know you made changes? Anyway, that's my two cents.

Judi, good luck with those table runners. How does the basement look? was there much mess after the sheetrock was done?

Today after I take the boys to school I will head to the grocery store and get a few things then do some studying on my HICAP stuff. I'm like Pinocchio, not quite a real counselor (boy) and now that it's about time for open enrollment my training will slow down.

I started up prayer circle, see you Saturday for that.

Hope you all have a fun day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:33 am

Good morning all
I would think since the names are out and the deadline was this Friday, it should be soon. But some people have not entered there hints.
I feel like taking a break also. But I have taken on too much again LOl I finally decided too work on something for my Elf. The mystery quilt I am working on can wait a while, I still need to find a accent color or small print.
The windows will have to wait Boo needs to go to vet. The crap he has on his stomach has got to his mouth.
My plan for the day was to make a Shepards pie and some apple dumplings. And to plant a couple of bushes. O well best laid plans. LOL
I did buy some fabric last night at guild. There was three tables of fabric. But most of it was smaller pieces.

Well I need another cup of coffee
You all have a great sewing day
Katy
Last edited by mepeace2 on Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:34 am

Top of the morning to Everyone!

Judi, hope you enjoyed your camping, it sounded like you were having a lovely time.
Not much new here. Took my RX for a C Pap to Lincare yesterday. They should have one ready for me in a few days. Took neighbor girl make-up shopping. The homecoming dance is this Saturday.
Lyn

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:35 am

Finally got me post to stay so please checkout the other Weds. postings.
Diane

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:24 am

Morning
Went to Menards & Sam's yesterday. Then Joe & I had a covid test. We are not sick, have nit been exposed, but just to assure our kids in Pennsylvania we are safe. We leave next week.
Today is back to laundry, joe will light off burn pile.
Flo

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:04 am

Good Morning Girls

Missed y'all yesterday! My down-the-street friend came down for coffee and we ended up chatting until almost noon. After that I headed downstairs and puttsed in the sewing room for a bi

Judi... You're home and sounds like you are pretty much all caught up and ready to sit and stitch!

Chriss... Oh dear... I feel your pain! I so love a good glass of Ice Tea... but man that stuff keeps me wide awake for hours. Even more so than a cup of coffee! But the meal you had sure sounds delicious. I might have to put that on our menu around here. I bet the kids would like it... the sure like Taco's!

Katy.... I think that's why I have so many UFO's... I see something cute and get distracted. I start something to see what it will look like... then set it aside. Right now I'm doing a row by row by Pat Sloan.. but I am determined to finish it!

Lyn... any new when you are heading back to CO?

Diane.... Are you about ready to jump out of your skin! To have your DS and family close by! I can so relate!

I had planned to spend a good deal of time in the sewing room today... putting the borders on a small quilt, but when I put my glasses on this morning, one of the bows is broken... so I have to run up to Pearle and see if it's fixable... sure hope so because new Frames is NOT in the plan! :cry:
Fortunately I have an old spare pair.. not the same Rx, but close enough to get me by.

Time for more coffee and a shower! Wishing you all a Wonderful Wednesday

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:08 am

Good morning!

Bright sunny and hazy, still from all the fires west of me.

Not much new around here. Michael is working, so I am playing in the Batt Cave. I need to get things done, project wise, to keep my sanity. I can only handle a mess for a little while, and the Christmas fabric is high and deep still on my island. There is a small neatness streak in me.

So do fun stuff, whatever it may be!

Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:13 am

Good morning!

Just a drive-by today - need to get busy. Nothing new here - it got down to 45 but up into the 90s for the next five days or so. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”