Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday September 14,2021

Daily discussions.
mepeace2

Re: Tuesday September 14,2021

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:45 am

Good Morning All
I intended on being here early but I had to get my hair washed . I have the guild meeting this afternoon. It has been so hot I can not work outside and the ac is on so no washing windows. I need to go cut my black for the guild mystery quilt. Still no Accent fabric . Usually the accent is supposed to stand out. Since I am using black and brighter fabric, I was wondering how a pink flower fabric would look . HMMMMM.
Or should I go for something way out there. It appears that there will be 32 2.5 inch blocks of the accent in the quilt and the border is the accent . I think I get sewing instructions tonight on at least part of it.
I really have to stop watching QVC I ordered a completer set for my pumpkin temptations. But it was on sale. lol
I think it would be interesting if you all would make a list of members no longer on here,
Jana I know all about wiggly three year olds. My oldest granddaughter used to hide so she would not have to try something on. Then when we found her she would just wiggle and do some kind of dance. She was three. Now that girl is working in England as an accountant.
Velda Thank you for information. I will go get rid of mine.

Well I need to go to work of course coffee first
You all have a great sewing day

Katy

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:51 am

Good morning all! Not much planned for today except some sewing. Mowed my 4 acres yesterday so usually take next day off. I was even finally able to mow the ditch that was so tall. It is supposed to storm bad tonight so wanted tp mow but boy was it hot. This has been the hottest summer in a long while in NW Ohio. Not good for my asthma.

Becca - Haven't gone out for my Monday breakfast at Bob Evans for awhile. Last time I went there was only 1 server and had to wait over 30 minutes to get my order taken and then another 30 minutes to get it delivered. Going to wait until get a little more back to normal. I did get take out the other day though of there sausage gravy and biscuits. That only took 20 minutes from the time I called.

Maryz - I looked at the website that you gave me for the LOTR pieced quilt. It was really neat but I have never done paper piecing but I may keep in mind and try some day after i get my UFOS done. Thanks for the look see. Looking forward to seeing yours as you work on it.

Well, better go get some lunch. Slept in this morning so way behind but the furbabies have been fed. Hope everyone has a good day. Looking forward to doing things for my Secret Santa Elf this year.

Sherry

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:39 am

Good beautiful morning. Woke up before 6am and the weather was crisp and cool. It's around 9am and I can feel the heat coming. Sure heats up quickly.

I got the boys off to school. They are learning the morning routine and have no problem moving things along. I have to admit that I am quite smitten with those boys. I love how God puts the right people in my life. You all are included in the right people category.

The Broadway show the Lion King is traveling the US according to Good Morning America. I would love to see it but so far they have no shows near me, and I am sure it would cost a fortune. I bet it's a spectacular production

To delete messages in your in box, your out box and your sent box. Go to Private Messages at the top of this screen. It will take you to your "in box" On the right side of the screen next to the list of messages you will see little boxes under the heading "mark" You can select which messages you want to delete individually or go to the bottom of your message listing and select "mark all" Click on the chevron next to "mark all" and set it to "delete marked" this will only delete the messages where the boxes are checked. If you want to keep a message make sure the box is NOT marked next to it. After setting it to "delete marked" click "Go" scroll down. It will ask you if you are sure you want to delete the marked messages. click yes and they will be gone. Do this for the out box and the sent box as well. hope this helps.

Lois, I remember Bethstreet but really don't remember anything about her. She did join swaps but that was so long ago. So many have come and gone, names are familiar but a lot of time has passed since hearing from them. Don't get into too much trouble, we'd have to take up a collection to afford the bail.

Judi, I think Beth lived in Cali. Sorry you got locked out of your PM's. Are you back in? Emailing and / or calling customer service should help. Water seems to cause the "can't sleeps" For me it's iced tea. I can't drink tea after about 3pm whereas Jerry can drink coffee from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed, but he does get up during the night.

Diane, I have also had posts go poof. Seems that if someone posts while I am posting who ever crosses the finish line first wins. I have two tabs open so I can be sure that what I post actually posts, lesson learned. I googled twisted rail, it will be a pretty quilt.

Velda, thanks for the explanation. I typed a lengthy explanation. hopefully between the two of us it will help. Well? is the desk put together? is the house ready for us all to come visit? I so would love to have a do over, fresh new house with new furnishings.

Jana, your post made me laugh. Tornados in Utah. Kids are so funny. This morning the boys explained to me what number one and number two were. Love when the fall colors start. we are cooler here but don't see signs of fall yet.

Lyn, Bethstreet was her user name. Hope that Garry's results all come back in his favor, waiting isn't easy.

Sharona, yay new glasses, that means you are going to be able to see, always a good thing. glad step mom is healing and dad did well.

Valerie, did you have a great weekend? hope it was restful.

Flo, I've flown out of Springfield. went to the steak and shake near the airport the night before we flew out, got food poising and was sick all the way home. I really don't care if I ever fly again. Yay for only having two boxes of laundry to go. Are they taking all of it home or sorting through it and donating what they don't want.

Katy, if you go to the chit chat section and look at the birthday's thread there will be a list of everyone that has been on this site and logged their birthdays. Many of those people were regulars here. There was a big todo many years ago and some left and some stayed. I think a pink flower would be a pretty border and accent.

Sherry, I have a book on paper piecing. it shows how to do a basic heart and anytime I paper piece I have to make a heart to remind myself how to do it. Biscuits and gravy used to be my favorite breakfast, wish I could afford the carbs. Not sure how long it will take to get back to normal or if normal is even a thing anymore.

Guess it's time for me to have some breakfast and get my day started. I have things I need to accomplish. I have to brush up on my HICAP training, seems that it's taking forever to get me trained but one day It all will be complete. I want to get started on Halloween trick or treat bags for the boys and I need to think on my SS gift. I have no clue what I am going to do for my elf.

You all have a super duper day, I know I have answered the same questions as others have answered but didn't want to go back and backspace over what I have already typed.
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”