Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday the 13th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday the 13th

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:27 am

Good morning I had a sleepless night as a matter of fact I almost came on here at 3 am We got home last night about 7 didn't unload much just what we needed, so today will be a zillion loads of laundry.....unpacking....a trip to the store......and back on the diet,,,,,,,so salad for supper with grilled chicken....I need more coffee so off I go XXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOO WooHoo I got my secret santa elf,,,,let the fun begin,,,I even found a box to fill.......

fabricgirl

Re: Monday the 13th

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:44 am

Good Morning Judi and all who follow,

Today is a relaxing day sewing and 1 load of wash.
Nothing else new to report.
Judi take it 1 step at a time and try to enjoy your day.

Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:50 am

Good morning itโ€™s a PD day for teachers do no students today so got some errands to run once crew gets up. Lil man had me lay down with him this morning told me he got big bed like me lol. They did get him full size bed now. Guess time to make him a big quilt lol I guess will see what he wants

I went to layer my hand quilt Saturday only to find out muslin shrank too much after wash and now was too short ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ Ordered more and picking it up today curbside at joanns

Weather has gotten cool here at night do time to shut down pool. Out of chemicals anyway so good deal. Got to get new liner next year big expense.

Headed to sewing room for bit today to load a quilt onto long arm. Another ufo to finish.

Nothing else new here need done Java

Hugs ๐Ÿค— prayers ๐Ÿ™ happy stitches ๐Ÿงต
๐Ÿizzy

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:51 am

Good morning everyone sun is peeking out
It will be a day to try to get DH new glasses He broke his on Saturday He canโ€™t see without them He has an old pair with 1 lens
Judi Glad you had a great time Dieting isnโ€™t for vacation
Maryq Sure hope you find the perfect Home Do think about stairs & try to get bedroom on first floor Just a word of advice from voice of experience We have an upstairs that isnโ€™t used
Both of the places were really nice and a great price
Flo You are a sweet MIL & Mother
Hope all your machines get fixed
Chris You can come here & do my weeding out for me I will as soon as I can bend & stoop again
Sharona I hope you are doing good again
Sherry Sure hope you get your Breakfast out today like normal
Maryq I know where you are on the road again
I must get moving to get ready Have a great day everyone. Becca
Lois We used to do craft shows I enjoyed meeting people Glad you had fun

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:23 am

Good Sun's Trying to Come Out Morning......

Just a quick 'hello' I'm expecting the repair woman any minute. Don't know what I'll be doing today except for taking a shower & have a food delivery.
Will be back later.......Kathy

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:32 am

Good morning Everyone!
May your day be Blest.
Lyn

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:23 am

Good morning,

JUDI - welcome home! I missed you! Always a busy few days after a long trip. Will you button down the RV now for the winter or do you have another shorter trip planned this fall? With Ken working now, can you still go to Florida after the holidays? And how is Ken's knee feeling?

LYN - good morning to you, too! I hope you hear good news soon.

MARY Q - Now the fun begins!๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ I'm excited to be a Santa once again! Thank you for all you do with this each year for us! Fifteen years is a lot of giving! You are a Christmas Angel! So fun to anticipate your new home, what it will look like, setting it up to be yours! I've heard when people with large fabric stash move, they use the fabric to wrap breakables. When they get to their new place, they refold the fabric and there's no paper mess/waste, plus their stash gets moved. If you are moving such a short distance, though, that might not works a well for you. What do you plan to sew on during the next few months? What fabrics will you need? Christmas? Blenders? Batiks? Florals? Solids? Did you sort, organize, label when you stored them in the garage? And for Lara's boutique, which was Christmas shopping season, I made tablerunners, placemats, napkins, pot holders, Nativity wall hangings, Small lap quilts, tree skirts, doll quilts, aprons, Barbie clothes, American Girl doll clothes, pillow cases, coasters, an more. I also made plastic bag holders but no one gives out plastic bags anymore.

CHRISS - I remember Chrissy dolls, though I was too old by then. What I always wanted was a Tiny Tears. Never got one, though. I did get a doll that wet her pants. That was cool the first time I had to change her diaper, but it got old really fast. I also wanted a Barbie but didn't get that either because my mom deemed them "immoral". However I did have a toy log truck and a tractor, so I spent a lot of time playing in the dirt, making roads and gathering sticks for "logs".

VELDA - you got your desk! Now we don't all have to sit on the floor while you say your good mornings to us! :D

BECCA - sorry CA's glasses broke but sounds like he was due for an exam and maybe a new Rx anyway. No sense putting money into new lenses if they are no longer the right ones for him. Perhaps this was one of those well-disguise blessings . . .

KATHY - mmmmm..... fresh hot bread. Even apple pie in the oven doesn't smell that good! I hope your washer is fixed for good today!

JANA - I've never seen a skunk on our property but we have plenty of other wildlife not to mention the rooster next door. I love the rooster. He crows all day long. I usually beat him up, though, so maybe me out on the deck with lights, fountain wakes him. Wonder what he thinks about that .

CHRISS - haha!! Love the Monopoly game! I could add it to my collection. I have Quiltopoly, Catopoly, Wineopoly, Seatleopoly, regular Monopoly, the new Monopoly with the cat, and old WWII Monopoly that we grew up with using wooden markers. And you and Jerry could come visit for a week and we could play a different one each night! We got a little bit of rain yesterday morning, too. News said Tacoma got .07 of an inch so I guess we got about the same. But they say next weekend we're going to have some gullywashers, starting Friday - the day we have to drive home from camping pulling our trailer on slippery highways.

SHERRY - did you see the website I posted in yesterday's sew-in for you for the LOTR patterns? I also bought a LOTR coloring book, hoping it might give me more ideas/patterns but it was of little use.

My Alaskan nephew called us last night. The one with Covid. He and his wife are on the mend, finally, but for a while it was touch and go. He was still coughing so hard it was hard to understand him, and doctors tell them that will go on for another 2 months, but so good to hear his beloved voice! His wife has asthma plus a newly diagnosed autoimmune disease so she was in particular danger. If she hadn't been vaccinated, she probably wouldn't have survived.

I've got 15 LOTR blocks finished. Whew! That is 12 days of sewing. I still dream about it at night and so far the dreams haven't turned into nightmares. Half of my fabric arrived for borders and sashing - black with gold rings all over it and script, "Lord of the Rings". My backing is on its way, and it is light colored and a map of Middle Earth, the mythical land where the LOTR story takes place. This project has really been fun - so far. The more daunting blocks are still ahead of me. I think we might start watching the movie trilogy while we're camping.

This morning I need to shower, have some breakfast, then pack rest of trailer fridge. There are always a few chores to do - fill bird feeder, empty trash, water plants, bring TV and quilts in off the deck, set light timers, empty dishwasher, forward phone, etc. One of us will run up and get the mail (2-1/2 miles away). We got notice we have a package but can't pick packages up on Sundays. We plan to hit the road about 0900 after morning traffic rush. It's a 5-6 hour drive to our campground. We'll be back on Friday hopefully before evening traffic rush. I don't think we're taking computers and I don't know if we'll have cell service. We've never been to this park before.

Have a wonderful week!
Mary Z
>^+^<

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:18 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Monday Y'all. Tis such a beautiful day! LOVE these cool fall days!

Have a few things to do today... but first up is I'm going to go PM everybody their Secret Santa names.... then I need to clean up the kitchen a bit... Kris is going to make bread from scratch this afternoon and I want to make sure the deck is clear!

We did go look at beautiful town houses yesterday. One development backs up to the farm where she keeps her horse, so at least I'd have a great view. But they start at $350,000. plus any little thing that's extra... a little beyond my budget, but fun to look at !

I'll try to get back later, but I want to get names out!

Have a wonderful day every one!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:20 am

Good morning, all! I was here much earlier, but know one was up yet. So I quietly waited so I didn't wake you. ๐Ÿ˜‰
We did an early run to get groceries, I have everything put away. Getting ready for lunch time bible study. This is my first time attendy. One of the ladies found an extra study guide for me. They started this series in July. It is a quarterly devotion guide. So we're encouraged to read and study each day with this quite.
I will need to do a lot of extra reading to catch up a little. ๐Ÿค—
Made new, fresh hummingbird nectar before we left to get groceries, so I needed to clean the feeders.
Taking our time on desk assembly, so I may not get back to my sewing for a few days.
Lyn, hope you and Garry get some good news.
Judi: How did the remodeling look? Bet it feels good to be home again.
Maryz, have a fun trip.
Maryq, will watch PM for name. Thank you.
Everyone else, enjoy the new week. Hoping it brings you some joy.
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:41 am

Good morning!

Up, have laundry going and made breakfast. Michael eats cracked wheat cereal every morning, and it takes a few extra minutes to cook. Me, give me a bowl of cheerios or if I am being decadent, a bowl of Trix, or Sugar Pops. I am still a kid, right? LOL!

Ethan made whole wheat bread from scratch yesterday. I have a picture of his finished loaves and him, but need to be on my computer to post it and I am on my tablet. So I will later. It came out quite well and is very yummy. He made three leaves and gave one away. That's what he loves to do on a Sunday afternoon at Grandma's.

I will be in the Batt Cave finishing up my mini stockings. I am also making two thank you gifts.

Not much else going on here,
Stay Safe, have fun!
Hugs,
Jana

Return to โ€œSew insโ€