Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday the 13th

Daily discussions.
mepeace2

Re: Monday the 13th

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:43 am

Good morning all
Sorry I have not been here but my tummy decided to act up.
Got my Elf at first did not know what to do. But I have some fabric I think she would like. I may send a kit and something I will make.
I also updated my hints. LOl Probably the last time.
Nothing going on here. I cleaned out one of the rose gardens. I swear this has been the year of the weeds this year hear in Illinois. Not going to do living room windows until next week. It is supposed to cool off. Right now have AC on.
sewing news finally got around to cutting part of guild mystery quilt. I am cutting bright marble jelly roll. I am using black background. Any suggestions for the accent which is inside the quilt but also the border.
The guild is having another $5 a pound fabric sale. I am hoping to find some fabric for my borders on sew along as well as other fabric Maybe some for Elf box.
Velda I wash mine with a hose then once a week take in and use a brush on them. Hummingbird feeders get sticky fast.
Maryq Hope you find what your looking for . If I move it will be out of Illinois. I hate to give up my big house but my back is telling me I really need to think about it.
Maryz Thank goodness Your nephew and wife are doing better. We are going in this week for the booster.
Well I am off for a Boo walk He has not been out since 5.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:28 am

Oh I see Mary is right on the ball with SS this year! I will have to get my Hints updated.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

womster

Post by womster » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:43 am

Good morning!

Judi – hopefully you can get a wee nap in somewhere. Yay for already getting your elf!

Lois – a relaxing day sounds wonderful.

Izzy – sorry to hear about the muslin shrinking. How fun to make him another quilt.

Becca – I hope you can get DH’s new glasses without too much of a hassle. I remember when I was young and before my eye surgery. If my glasses broke, I had to watch tv from way across the room with binoculars. It was not fun to be so nearsighted.

Kathy – fingers crossed that your washer gets a permanent repair.

Maryz – oh I am so thankful that your nephew and his wife are doing better. How scary. Have a great trip.

Maryq – woohoo! I’ll have to check my PMs after posting. How exciting to be looking for new townhomes.

Vel – I also made new hummingbird nectar. I’ll go out and grab the feeders for cleaning and filling in a bit. Enjoy your Bible study.

Jana – I’ll take a loaf of that wheat bread!

Katy - even our weeds stopped growing. This year has been ridiculous. I think I'll go update my hints again!!

I was down with the nausea again yesterday – BOO. Hopefully it stays away today. My step-mom is having hand surgery this morning and my dad is by himself – kind of scary. Fingers crossed that he doesn’t fall when answering the door to get his grub hub delivery. My step-bro (Michael) is with his mom. I volunteered to fly out but she said Michael was closer and could drive. I am headed out to sew in about 30 minutes. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona
Last edited by womster on Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:45 am

Good morning everyone. Along with putting some stitches in on the quilt that is on the long arm table, it is my turn to get some green chiles roasted. These are the chiles that came from my garden. I am so excited with my first attempt. There were enough chiles to fill one large baking sheet and one small baking sheet. Today is also ugh-lies day so I will be ready for another work week.

Mary/Rosebud

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:47 am

Good beautiful morning, it's going to be a wonderful day today.

I have my elf and am so jazzed. she doesn't have her hints posted yet so she may get coal, time will tell. Or maybe she does have hints posted and I am in the white lie phase of the SS swap.

Judi, sorry you couldn't sleep. I made a big salad over the weekend. I chop up so much stuff and then add the lettuce all in a great big bowl so I can mix it well. I eat salad every day, I love it. Well? how does the sheetrock look? I was hoping you would post that it was all taped and textured and ready for paint.

Lois, I also have laundry to do today. I am on load two. I think I will do the third load tomorrow. Are you planning your next craft fair? what kinds of things did you sell?

Kathy, hope that washer gets fixed once and for all. Hope you are having some good stuff delivered. I see shoppers in the store all the time with their phones shopping for people. the town I worked in had grub-hub and door-dash. They aren't available in my area.

Lyn, good morning to you too. How is Garry doing? and How are you?

Maryz, hope you love this campground. I thought you'd be boondocking. My uncle is coming from Northern Cali for a visit and bringing his fifth wheel. I can't wait to tell him about boondocking and your experience with it. If you watch the LOTR triology you might learn something you didn't know and have to change the whole quilt. Could you please send me just one of your gullywashers? I'd be forever grateful.

Maryq, you're right, it is a crisp beautiful morning, I have my elf name ( which means someone has me for an elf) You are looking at new places to live. so many reasons to be grateful. Thank you so much for all of the great elves you have given me over the years. this swap is a fun thing to look forward to each year.

Velda, I could have used a nudge this morning, feel free to make a little noise so I wake up. Jerry kept me up till midnight binge watching a series he found. I spent most of my time trying to figure out what to do for my elf and looking at ideas on Pinterest. Hope you love lunch bible study. sounds like a great way to make good friends.

Jana, yay for Ethan the baker. I haven't had cereal in over a year. The boys next door have cereal most mornings. One likes fruit (fruitty pebbles) the other likes chocolate ( chocolate crispies)

Katy, glad you updated your hints, sorry about the tummy. Love a bright colored jelly roll with black fabric, I bet it will look marvelous. I'd like to do a stained glass looking quilt ( links in my ss hints) marble brights would be perfect. Why would you move out of Illinois and to which state would you go?

Valerie, yay for ss. I just love getting my elf. Hope you love yours also. and I hope you had a great weekend. It must have been like a mini retreat.

Sharona, isn't elf day the best day ever? So? What are you sewing? hope you feel better soon.

MaryRose, I didn't know you could roast chili's in the oven. I thought you had to have a flame. cool, let me know how they turn out. Sure wish I lived closer I'd roast them with you.

Izzy, big boy beds are the best. Funny the things that make a kid feel grown up.

Becca, I so wish I could come help you in the yard, or even help you sit on the front porch. We would have a fun time.

Today is Jerry's 65th birthday, he officially gets to have Medicare. I have a Medicare zoom meeting in about an hour and Moose is staring out the window waiting to go berserk over any squirrel that thinks it needs to be within his eyesight. We all have our stuff to do.

Time for some breakfast and to get set up for zoom, hope you all have a grand day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”