Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday september 11,2021

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Saturday september 11,2021

Post by maryq » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:50 am

Good Morning Girls

Hard to believe it's been 20 years since that awful day. I don't think there is one among us who doesn't remember where we were that day. Or one of us who doesn't have even a small connection to those flights. Tom Burnett on flight 93 that crash in Pennsylvania was from my home town. He has a marker at Fort Snelling Cemetery in Minneapolis, just down the path from my folks.

Judi... Oh what fun... to come home and see part of your remodel completed? Now that Ken is going back to work a bit.. will that slow down your progress much?

Flo... Oh Yeah.. No more push mower! I feel your glee at that! How sweet of you do laundry for others! Everybody does their own here, only problem is.. sometimes they forget to get the last load of the dryer! :lol: :lol:

Maryz... A friend of Kris's was supposed to be in the towers that day.. she was on her way, realized she forgot something and turned around and went home. I'm sure there are a million stories like that. Yes that townhouse is cute... love the kitchen, but I too am worried about the stairs. But here, single level townhouses are so much more expensive... not sure my budget can handle $350,000 that some go for. we were going to go look today anyway, but since Kris and Evie are feeling so much better after their second shots I told them to go play! We can look another day.

Valerie... Congratulations on your new machine! I wish I had gotten the 7 when I had the chance. I have a S5. I would just like to have more decor stitches. I learned a lot on mine just by playing with it and only read the manual when I couldn't figure something out :lol: :lol:

Tina... Holy Moly... you freeze 40 pounds of green chili's!!!! You must really like spicy stuff! The kids think they are going to get me to try Jalapeno poppers, but I'm just not so sure. I'm trying to be open to new stuff... but I don't think I can do Jalapenos!

Chriss... Not to worry... I'm excited to figure out who I will get this year too! I think I might have Evie help me draw names! With that townhouse, I figured I'd just take a coffee maker and stay upstairs all day! Only come down for supper! :lol: :lol: I watched a little bit of the coverage on 911. They were on the T's!

Diane... Did you live in New York back in 2001? Thank you for honoring our men and women of our Armed Forces.

Sherry.... Hope all is well with John! My kids now all have their shots... so they "should" be good! They don't have to wear masks at school.. and hoping they don't EVER have to!

I've been dawdling around all morning and here it is... noon already. I did get my shower so at least I'm clean. Shawn had to go to work this morning, but when he gets home he's going to work in the garage again a little so I'll go help him rearrange things---I just want to be able to get at my fabric! :lol: :lol:

With prayers for all today...

QuiltGram8

Re: Saturday september 11,2021

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:08 am

Good afternoon! Sorry I am so late! Yes, we, too remember what we were doing on that day. We were on Kentucky Lake, taking a boat ride with my brother and SIL, going out for breakfast to a restaurant on the eater's edge. Had the TV on in the restaurant and we were all glued to the TV all day. One horrible event after another. Frightening!! I think we will never forget! What a somber day. Name after name, brings tears to our eyes.
Judi, we always lived getting Minnetonka moccasins , they were the best!
I started working on on my piano key border. I know I am tackling this a bit backwards, but I know it's tedious and I want to break it up a little so I don't mess it up or get burned out.
I arranged my blocks, then labeled and stacked then by rows. I have my measurements for the piano key borders and have allowed about 1 1/2 - 2" extra so I don't come up short.
I have one side of 90" finished. So I quit for today.
I am trying to keep it scrappy and no pattern for the order I stitch them together.
Planning to do nothing for the rest of the day.
Have a great Saturday.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”