Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

FridaySept 10th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

FridaySept 10th

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:14 am

Good mornng we are moving to a new campground today and meeting up with a friend,,,she will join us for the weekend. beautiful sunny last weekend of camping, I actually wish we had more time but Ken has to be back to work on monday, beautiful weather with a hint of fall in it..even the trees are starting to shed their green. hope you day and weekend are awesome XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Re: FridaySept 10th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:27 am

Good Morning, Judi. Enjoy your last Hoorah! I am sure visit with friend will be awesome. Glad the weather cooperates.
It's beautiful weather here as well. We are enjoying our hummingbirds as they feed up for migration.
Yesterday I finished my project to widen our quilt on our bed. Today I will lay out my Quilt from our Sew Along. I bought fabric for sashing and cornerstones. Not sure yet if I will need more fabrics for borders. Or maybe I can do a piano key border. I remember Maryz did that. It looked great.
Have a great Friday and weekend.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:04 am

Good morning,

JUDI - Sorry vacation is coming to an end, but sounds like your weather has turned around and you still have a few more days to go. How is the house coming along? Any more progress being made while you are gone?

VELDA - your quilt extension worked out well! Nice job! Yes, piano key borders are a great way to use up the leftover scraps from a project. They take a little extra time though not as much as one might think.

CHRISS - When I want inspiration to pitch and purge, I go visit our hoarder friend. Puts me in the mood right away! And as I go through stuff, I picture my kids going through my things and I can hear them now, "What was she thinking?!" and laughing. For me, that's like a pin in the hiney! :lol: Sorry you are still so hot. I worry that our days of four seasons are numbered.

Yesterday I worked most of the day on one 7" block that has 88 pieces. I think I un-sewed more than I sewed! Then, finally I was done! :D But it was wrong. :cry: So I fixed it! :D And then saw it was still wrong. :cry: And I stopped there and went out on the deck with a glass of wine. Then I slept on it. And dreamed all night long about fixing it right. Sigh. I want it purrfect. Sometimes I hate being me.

Today I might fix that block, pack a few things in the trailer, clean a few things in the house.

My nephew in Fairbanks and his wife both have Covid. They are both vaccinated, but they are two of the few breakthrough cases. And she has asthma. She has been so careful, staying home for 18 months, avoiding people as much as possible because of her asthma. He has been extremely careful, too, but some of his co-workers are unvaccinated and brought it to work. As of last night, they were both getting worse and talking about going to go to the hospital. I am praying for them.

Piece!
mary z

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:06 am

Good morning ☀️ cool 52 here had to PT sweater on to go let out the chicks dh feeding now in morning since I’m back to working but dark out when he does do I run down n let out later

Oh my lil man gave me fits yesterday he is use to 100%fun from vacation week and everyone’s attention so now we all back to work n he’s not happy about it. We had music class last night too and momma saw him and tattletale to dad who got after him and made him call me last night and apologize 😂 he said sorry oma for not listening then looked at dad and said I didn’t do nothing 😂😂 which was true he refused to do anything 😂😂🤪

So ready for weekend lol want to sew so badly
Moving some furniture around so can set up my hand quit rack

Nothing else new here have fun ladies

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:48 am

Good Morning Girls

Either I'm up really early... or every body else is still sleeping! :lol: :lol:

It is such a beautiful day here today... nice and cool and sunny. After a couple cups of coffee I just might get my ambition on and get a few chores done today. Kris had her 2nd covid shot last night and isn't feeling so great, nothing serious just kind of what my Gramma used to call "Punk". So while she runs to the barn to check on her horse for a while, I'll get some dusting done. We were going to go to an open house at a townhouse for sale near me (not the purple bathroom one) But I'll see how Kris feels later this afternoon.

This one

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandho ... 5733-65316

For any of you on the fence about Secret Santa... Sunday is the deadline to sign up! And I know y'all that have signed up are anxious to get your names... So by Tuesday or Wednesday I should have all that info out to you. And don't forget to Post Your Hint ASAP!.

Judi.. The leaves are changing near your camp site already? Every year my folks used to drive up the north shore of Minnesota.. north of Duluth. I still have some of my Dad's beautiful pictures of the leaves in the fall.

Velda.... I bet a piano key border would look great on your Sew Along Quilt!!! With luck, I'm going to piece my backing today and I just might try to quilt it myself.. If I can find room to open up my big table to lay it out to pin.

Maryz... When I go to Viv's... that's my "Pin in the Hiney" Especially now that I'm talking about moving. After I carve out a little dust upstairs this morning I'm headed down stairs to try to organized some stuff (AGAIN!) Sorry you had such a hard time with you LOTR block.... It's going to be amazing when it's all done! Sorry to hear your nephew & Wife got Covid! especially after getting the shot! My niece got it bad (was vaccinated) and her DH and DD tested positive but had no symptoms! Go figure!

Izzy... I bet it is hard to Lil Man to "change gears" from having play time at Oma's to be in school at Oma's. Might take a little time to adjust?

Jana... Strange that I beat you here!

The coffee is starting to kick in, so think I'll go grab a dust rag and wipe things down a little bit... The sun was shining in the living room just right yesterday and I noticed that the dust bunnies have taken over! "Hazel" our robot vacuum is doing her thing, so I'll just work around her.

Wishing you all a Fabulous Friday!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:53 am

Good morning!

A tad bit late today. My tablet battery needed food. The charger wasn't where I was, but it is now.

Just need to put up the chairs off the floor and Yoohoodi will do his thing. Quite warm outside this morning and muggy. That means rain later this afternoon.

So not much going on here. Just playing in the Batt Cave. Sure I will see Ethan later, it a early out day.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:26 am

Good morning!

Judi – have a great time at the new campsite and with your friend.

Vel – our hummers don’t leave until mid-October. Right now, they’re fighting with the yellow jackets for the feeders. Congrats on finishing up the quilt widening project.

Maryz – I applaud your zeal for getting the block correct. I hope the wine helped sort it all out. If you ever can’t make it to your friend’s house for pitch and purge, just watch a few episodes of Hoarders. I am so sorry about your nephew and wife in Fairbanks. I will be praying for both of them.

Izzy – it would be hard to go from being Oma to being the teacher. He is such a cutie.

Maryq – nice house – nice grounds. Since I know you have a lot of time to look – don’t they build any ranch-type places out there? One of the best things we did when we moved is we only looked at ranch houses (except for one). It’s so nice to have everything on one level. I wish they could invent a robot duster as well. I will go sign up for SS as soon as I’m done here.

Jana – have fun in the Batt cave.

Chriss - those boys are so darn cute. As bad as our smoke is, I simply cannot imagine what it's like for y'all. I look out and feel like I'm watching an apocalyptic movie. I know it's much worse for those closer to the inferno. Hugs to you

I couldn’t get to sleep last night so I got up and read until 1. My wagon is draggin’ now. Today is another record heat day and the smoke is really bad. Supposedly it will be the last day for both – fingers crossed. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”