Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday September 9,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday September 9,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:11 am

Good morning and Happy Hump day,

Today is our cleaning day so a little later will be doing that.
Also some laundry needs to be done.
Mary Q that is a beautiful house but I not a fan of the purple I love the open concept best of luck to you.
Well there is nothing else new to report I hope everyone has a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

WeeOne

Re: Thursday September 9,2021

Post by WeeOne » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:31 am

Top of the morning to Everyone!
Lois, enjoy cleaning and laundry. I have to plan laundry around the days our tanks get dumped.
Up early to get DH to Dr office for a blood test, that apparently was supposed to have been done a week or two ago. So, still on hold for when we leave here. Will update y'all later.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:41 am

Good morning,,it is calm and partly cloudy here this morning, Yesterday was a terrible windy day,,, gusts 30+mph so bad in fact Ken suggested leaving but it was too windy to even hook up/ we did play mexican train and had a good evening,,I did some hand sewing,,,even rearranged the cupboards, even bundled up and went to the beach the wind was off shore and there wasnt much beach with 3 and 4 feet breakers...it was something,,,If you are a fan of driftwood this would be the place,,,the beach was littered with large pieces..we have never seeen it like this, but it is all part of the adventure, today is calm as a church,,,
We may go for a boat ride today and tour picture rocks from the lake,,,We have done it before and it is always a site to see,,,it will be up to ken if he wants to venture out on the lake.
Well I need more coffee hope you day is full of adventure too...XXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:42 am

Good morning!
Hi, Lois and everyone else. I started my project to widen my finished quilt. My plan is working, so far. I will take a picture when I get it finished.
I am going to try to finish it today or tomorrow.

Just finished..edited here to add my picture. ...

Just checked out Maryq's link to the condo. OMG! That is huge! Way too much home to clean, decorate, and maintain for me. Are you thinking of choosing this one?

I feel like our condo is roomy, but that one is like having a castle compared to ours. Definitely would have lots of sewing area.
I agree, with others, ditch the purple! I like purple, but not on all those walls. OMG! That one bathroom is way over the top on decorations, too.
We are enjoying some cooler temps, but weather man tells us, hot will be coming back again soon. We even had windows open all day yesterday and all night long. Lovely!! Hummingbirds will be feeding up for travel with the cooler nights.
Have a great Thursday, or as I have heard it called, " Friday Eve". 🤗
Time for more coffee ☕
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:04 am

Hello everyone sun is peeking thru
Lois Hope you get some fun along with cleaning & laundry Hope the show was fun for you
Lyn Drs can get you so frustrated Hope you can get it all worked out soon
Vel I know your quilt will be fine when you get it finished I too want only a small space Now much to maintain
Judi I would want to be on land too if there’s wind Driftwood is pretty Enjoy your day
Maryq That seemed to be a great price on the house It was very pretty Walls can always be painted Lots of room for all your fabric projects and family
Sharona I am praying you have a better day today Take care of your self
Kathy I hope the blues are long gone by now
Flo Sure hope things are turning around for you & DH That was very kind of you to help DDIL And sorry about your loss of beloved pet I know how that feels
Sherry Hope all’s well at your place today Glad you get to enjoy your family
Chris Sure you are busy with school boys
I got lots done yesterday but cleaning lady isn’t coming due to virus so I will tackle that & bake neighbors bread today Didn’t get it done yesterday Didn’t want to add heat in the house Will do it early
Have a great day everyone. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:24 am

Good morning!

Oh it was a fun day here yesterday! We tried to install a fancy wifi capable deadbolt on my front door. What a comedy of errors! The directions say, in just a few minutes, NOT! But then again , remember a engineer lives here. So being the lovely assistant, I helped by using my tablet with the app from the manufacturer. It had detailed pictures and words too! LOL! After about 4 hours, of trying, fitting, retracing to make sure everything was smooth flush and operating, we tried to do the next step of rekeying to match the rest in this house. Did step-by-step , so we thought, and voile, neither key now works. So when the locksmith opens this morning, we have to call him to come out, disassemble the lock and fix the tumblers and make it work. We didn't even get to the programming to use the wifi to remotely open and close the lock. That's today's adventure! Needless to say, I didn't get any sewing done.

Still dark in these parts and cool. In the low 60's. We will get rain this weekend and warm up a bit, the last hurrah of summer. Then it wait and see if any snow falls this year.

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:29 am

Good morning,

VELDA - glad you are a 'station' for the hummers along their route. How many square feet is your condo? I bet it feels luxurious to have a real sewing space that you can leave set up.

BECCA - I hope your cleaning lady is just quarantined and not sick herself. I can almost smell your strawberry bread from here. I have your recipe but haven't gotten around to trying it myself yet.

JANA - I was just wondering where you were and up you popped! I hate projects like that. My mind doesn't want to focus anything electrical, electronic, or "lock-like". lol! Hope the locksmith can get it in for you and you can get back to the Batt Cave.

JUDI - Glad you got some 'refreshing' beach time yesterday. I hope today is a better day, weather-wise. I love driftwood! You can do some artsy things with it. Even little pieces. Mexican train is an excellent way to while away a bad-weather evening. Do you start at 12 and work all the way down to blank?

MARY Q - that townhouse was great! Lots of room! But the purple was a bit over the top for me. You'd have to have a painting party. I'll bring the wine! But I do love that huge basement for a sewing space! There is a house close to us for sale for 600K. The kitchen is dark coral and most of the rooms are mauve. The bathroom is brown and white large floral wallpaper. I would take your purple over that!

LYN - bummer that you've been waiting all this time and then find out more blood work is needed. Argghh!! At this rate you'll be late for Texas. Hoping for good news. Is Garry seeing any improvement? You've been there a long time.

VAL - that home of Mary's would be about $600,000 to $750,000 here. Those doll houses are charmers! I can see the appeal and how easy it would be to get hooked on them. I don't dare!

SHARONA - better today?

LOIS - happy cleaning day! Someone should clean my kitchen floor. . . .

Yesterday my chiro worked on my carpal tunnel. It's getting better quickly now. Hooray! I also got 4 loads of wash done plus dried the sheets and towels on the lines. I love the towels dried outside. They are more absorbent. I also went back to the LOTR patterns and printed off about 12 more. Now I have about 42. I won't do all of them, but most . . . . working on #11 now. Last night Foxy brought a dead mouse up on the deck where we were sitting (and had just finished eating!) and started to play with it. After a while, he munched it most of it down, leaving part that DH had to pick up. In the middle of the night that mouse came back up and I had a "Cleanup on Aisle 4" job to do. Then a few hours later the owls started hooting and the dog went berzerk! I gave up trying to sleep and got up at 0415. I love our fur-kids, but sometimes I daydream about what it would be like to have no animals.

We're going on a short 4-night camping trip next week so today I'll turn on the RV fridge and pack the nonperishable food. I put my clothes in yesterday as I did laundry. I don't think I"ll take my sewing machine. I need a break. But in the meantime, I'm still trying to average a block a day. But as the blocks get harder, they will take longer to do. I'm still hoping to manage to finish one without frogging. Sigh.

As Velda said - happy Friday Eve!

Mary z
>^+^<

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:57 am

Good Morning Girls

Yes Indeed... Happy Friday Eve! Though I'm still thinkin' it's Wednesday!

Lois.. I'm with you.. a little too much purple for me... though I do like a little purple. My bedroom as a teenager was light purple and my bridesmaid dresses when I got married were purple. Oh shoot, you mentioned cleaning day.... I think I better stay out of sewing room and do a little cleaning here too. The robot vacuum isn't working so I have to do it for real! :lol: :lol:

Lyn... What ever results you are hoping for from Garry's blood test.... I'll send a little prayer that they come true!

Judi.... You sure have had a wide range of weather on this trip.. Gale force winds and sunny days! When are you headed home?

Velda.... From the pictures I've seen of your new place... I would LOVE IT! There is a development of townhouses like that one just down the street from me. A tad big for me... though I do love the thought of the huge sewing room. The steps worry me, it's a long way down if I fall! :lol: I am so loving the cool temps here too, but I think I saw it's going to warm up again. Guess I better not put my shorts away just yet! I am looking forward to wearing sweat pants tho! :)

Becca.... I do like that townhouse.. and yes, there is always paint! Do you bake bread from scratch? What a sweetie you are to bake for the neighbor. Can I be your neighbor!?

Jana.... Your adventure into Wi-fi door knobs... well... now you know why that the highest level of technology I have is a door knob with buttons to push.

Maryz.. Can't you just see that basement all set up and organized for sewing! The cool thing about that unit is that there is a bedroom and bathroom down there... with a little Coffee bar, and fridge I could just live down there! :lol: :lol:

Finally had a serious conversation with Shawn and Kris last night.. Shawn is rarely serious! I asked them "on a scale from 1-10 how serious are you about buying my house" Shawn's answer was 10. SO at least that is out of the way. There really isn't much point in me looking too seriously until all they do what they have to do to buy my house is lined up. Anything I look at will be sold in a blink, and we don't really need to be in a hurry. I'm guessing that we would be able to wrap things up within 6 months. They will have to do some research on a fair price for my house and their own financing. I'll probable do a little research on getting myself pre-approved. Today we are going to go look at some Parade of Homes places, just so I can get a feel of sizes... I'm so bad at judging what 1500 square feet looks like.

Which means... with one more cup of coffee I'll need to jump in the shower and get ready.

Wishing you all Thankful Thursday

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:00 am

Good morning all
Well I have a clean bedroom and clean living room curtains. Windows not done yet. I did order a Shampooer this morning for my carpet. The one I have weighs a ton. Someone bought it for me for Christmas. So at least I will have a cleaner house.
Maryz To answer your question Yes almost I need to sew the elastic together then finish where it goes in. It turned out alright but I now think I should have went with three colors for the large ruffle. Its longer then I thought but I like them that way and it has not been washed and dried. LOL I have to tell you Scooby is some mouser. Unfortunately he likes to put them in bathtub and plays with them. I usually have a big mess. Use your imagination. The cat does weigh 12.5 pounds and has very large paws. I just use bleach and clean it up.
Maryq I love the town house but I really love purple but is just a little too purple for me. Its big enough you could have a lot of quilters in for a retreat. Just something to think about LOL
Velda Let me know how that turns out. I have a quilt that is too short.
Lois I need to do laundry too. Darn it piles up while I am cleaning.
My last thought of the day is " Think Lotto Blocks" I am going to try to get some done.
Okie dokie Its time to sweep up.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

womster

Post by womster » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:36 am

Good morning!

Lois – happy cleaning day.

Lyn – darn – I thought you’d have word by now. Hopefully the update is a good one.

Judi – what a great time y’all are having. I love how you enjoy it even if the weather is being rude.

Vel – good luck with the quilt.

Becca – thanks for the prayers. Sorry your housekeeper is sick. I also try to get all the oven stuff done when it’s cool. Glad you had such a productive day yesterday.

Jana – what a pain about the lock.

Maryz – yes, much better today, thank you! Oh YUCK on the mouse cleanup. And eating. You are going to town on the LOTR quilt.

Maryq – I know what you mean about stairs. Is it one long staircase down? I’ll have to go look again. Our staircase at least has a landing half-way down before it jogs to the other direction. But I agree with you – no sense looking until you’re ready to buy. How lovely that Shawn and Kris are going to buy your house. YAY!!!!

Katy – it’s nice to have a good mouser, but the cleanup – eugh! I like the quilters retreat idea.

Yay that the GI stuff is gone – just weak. I stayed home from Bible study because I also now have a cold. I was able to have my latte today, and boy am I buzzing!! We have horrible smoke today and tomorrow – they said it’s equivalent to smoking two cigarettes a day. And it’s going to be record heat today and tomorrow with lots of ozone alerts. So I’m glad I’m staying in. I am headed out to continue sewing. Well, actually, I’m still cutting out blocks! Does that count as sewing?! Have a glorious day. xoxo

Return to “Sew ins”