Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday September 7,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday September 7,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:42 am

Good Morning Everyone,
Today we are going on a scavenger hunt to go get groceries the reason why i call it a scavenger hunt is we can't seem to get everything in 1 spot :lol:
And when I get home I will finish up my pumpkins for the craft fair that I'm doing with my daughter Sandi and my granddaughter Olivia and 1 of Sandi friend that will be fun its in a parking lot of a drive in movie and I love people watching.

Well thats all the news here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Re: Tuesday September 7,2021

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:41 am

Good Morning! What a gorgeous morning! I decided to drink my coffee on our porch and enjoy the hummingbirds. We found a way to hang one more feeder, so now we have two.
I was all set to snap a close up picture and he flew. I will get a picture later. πŸ˜‰
It's so nice to see the birds. We didn't see many all summer at the campground. But now migration has started. There are other houses around that have feeders, so they found us, pretty quick. Still amazes me that my husband just happened to look out and see them checking out my fall decorations. I sure am glad! I wasn't even going to try attacking them until Spring. Now that they are feeding here, they will come back here next Spring.
I want to sort some of my fabric scraps today.
Hoping to get my storage unit this afternoon to put my fabrics in.
Spent the afternoon on Lotto. By the way, gave you decided to make a couple. They are so easy this month. Common 8" block of pinwheel.
Go check out the pictures. Teresa would love to have you join. Beautiful quilt for you if you win!
I will hope to add a picture of hummingbirds.
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:46 am

Good Morning it is pouring rain and has been all night,,,there are gail warnings on the lake,,,bad if your a boat...but here just big rain. the waves on lake superior can get 12 ft or more...these are the gales that took out the Edmund Fitzgerald. ( gordon Lightfoot sang about it)
We planned to do laundry today and go out for supper and hit the farmers market....not sure if the market will be opened with this weather, but the resturant will be,
Thats all the news from "Camp Soggy" it doesnt bother us as we are perfectly happy as long as we are camping,,I am sewing and reading,,,ken is watching a lot of old movies...and taking his walks...we had a delightful campfire last night and chatted with a lot of the neighbors...
Well its time for more coffee...it is so cloudy and rainy that it still looks dark out there,,,have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:48 am

Morning
Joe figured out what's wrong with zero turn...its the fule pump...
Again. New one ordered. Back to push mower today. Part may take 2 weeks to get here.
Kids have a lot of boxes of clothing/ linens in barn. One by one I will wash & fold stuff for DDIL to go through...
Judi I watched history Channel special on Edmond Fitzgerald years ago.
I still my Sweet. I am not sure if I will ever get another dog this Hurts too much.
Flo

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:12 am

Good morning!
Lois, we go on those scavenger hunts too, it's kinda crazy huh. Your craft fair sounds fun especially with your DD and DGD ❀
Judi, I remember that song. Sounds like your enjoying the rain 😊
Vel, those little hummers can sure put on a show can't they. We had one get in our pond and it got chilled. DH fished it out and I got to hold it, dry it, warm it up and hand feed it, it was amazing! It made it! ❀
Flo, it's so heartbreaking to lose our furrbabies, I'm so very sorry.
I was just reading through the General Directions thread and came across a couple posts and was wondering.....I saw we had Kittyquilt9292 and Suzqrn post they were coming back and I haven't seen them post anywhere else or join in on swaps or lotto or anything..... I wonder where they are? I hope they're ok.
Not much happening here. DH has put in solar for our pond pumps, he's still not gotten all the kinks figured out though..... he'll keep trying. I wish we knew someone to ask. I'm of no help, I don't know anything about electricity πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
I need to do a couple loads of laundry today and work on my Halloween blocks, they're ready to iron down! πŸŽ‰
You all have a great day!
Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:40 am

Good morning

JUDI - Sorry about the rain, but you seem to be making lemonade! My LDH#2 loved camping, too. He had a patch on his camping jacket that said, "Don't complain, camp in the rain!" Which is a fine philosophy - until it rains and you don't even have a tent let alone a trailer, but huddle under a sad sputtering fire, hugging your coffee mug, shivering, while the blue tarp over your head is sagging with collected water. But we did it and called it fun! lol! P.S. - I LOVE my RV!!

TINA - Bill put 2 solar panels on our RV. He found videos on U-tube to help him. He says you need three things - the solar panel, the controller, and the batteries but I suppose Frankie's already got all that. Bill's only done ours so he's no expert by any means, but if Frankie has a question, maybe together they can work it out.

VELDA - The hummers are so fun to watch. One just came up to stare me in the face as I'm typing as if to ask me for a handout. I told him to stop by your place! We had one in the house this spring and he was up in the 15' high cathedral ceiling part of the living room. Bill got on top of the ladder and caught him in one hand, carried him down and released him outside. Bill got a thrill and the bird got a story to tell his buddies!

FLO - I'm so sorry about the hole in your heart. We still miss our Snickers more than I can say and it's been more than 8 years since we lost him to cancer. About 6 weeks after he died and we were still crying, one day I was in the living room and heard his tags jingling like they always did when he came up the stairs. Bill was down the hall in another room. He came hurrying out to me as I was hurrying in to him. He heard it, too! We decided we needed another dog. And not long after that, came our Scottie. He didn't replace Snickers, but made his own nest in our hearts and made the loss of Snick so much easier to bear.

MARY Q - did you get everything washed and folded and put away? What are you doing today?

LOIS - you reminded me that we planned to go to Costco this morning. Rats! I don't really want to go shopping, but needs must.

Yesterday was a sewing day. All day long! :D I finished a 7" Gollum block in about 5 hours and got another block "Frodo & Sam" half done. The second block has a color key which makes it MUCH easier to make. Most of the blocks (all designed by various designers) don't. And most of the paper block patterns have 4 to 9 sections that you cut apart. I have to hold each section up to a light, look at it from the back and compare it to the picture on my phone to try to figure out what it is and what fabrics to use in each part of that section. Turns out paper piecing itself isn't difficult at all once you get the hang of it, but figuring out what each little piece is supposed to be in the block is a real puzzle! Today I'll be finishing #10. I think there are about 30 that will encircle a larger center that I still need to design myself. I do love challenges, but I have to say, this one is a corker!

Lois reminded me I need to go on my own scavenger hunt. Sharona reminded me Costco has old people hours again. Mary Q and Judi both reminded me I have laundry to do. My DBIL, Al, reminded me I need to clean the fridge. I reminded myself I have a big pile of canning stuff in the garage that I need to put away. So maybe today won't be quite as sewy as yesterday was. Time to pay my dues.

Have a marvy day!
mary z
>^+^>

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:40 am

Good morning all
Yesterday got my bedroom done. Happy dance. LOL Will take down and wash living room curtains tomorrow. Today I will be hiding in my sewing room. Going to put sleeves on MUMU and add my elastic. Then it will be done. If I get dress done, I will start cutting fabric for guild mystery quilt. I had to repair Mumu I made 2 years ago. Thought I was being smart . Hurry up job. No more of that. LOL
Lois I too go on scavenger hunt every Friday. Hopefully one of these days all will be back to normal.
Flo Parts are so hard to get. One reason I bought a new rider. Could not get parts for old one.
Judi Glad your having a good time
Veld I fed over a hundred Hummingbirds this summer Had 7 feeders going and had to fill part of them twice a day. You are right the males have left The females will leave in another couple of weeks unless they have tiny ones.
Tina are those old members. Wish they all would jump into the fun.
Well I need more coffee then into sewing room

You all have a great sewing day
Katy

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:44 am

Good Sunny Clear Blue Sky Morning..................

Sorry I've been missing. I've just been down in the dumps. I feel I'm blessed in so many ways so why don't I just snap out of it. The lack of sleep is part of the problem. I can go 4 nights with only a few hours in the morning. I slept all night last night & feeling really good this morning.

Today's a big day it's "hair cut day!" I can't believe how thin it's getting. It's going down my back.

The washer has a problem, doesn't want to spin out. My repairwoman came & fixed it. On the 1st load it broke again. Need to call her after this.

I'm still far behind in paper work & big time on the uglies.

Lois.......when I went to Walmart a few weeks ago I saw Halloween & Christmas candy. Pumpkins are just the right things to be working on now.

Vel.......I never got my Hummingbird feeder out this year. Every once in a while I'll see one flying around the chain. ): Have fun with your scraps today!

Judi.......I loved the song 'Edmund Fitzgerald'. Your camping sounds like so much fun....enjoy.

Flo.........good luck with that fuel pump. How nice of you to wash/fold DDIL's things. She lucky. Sorry your so sad with your loss. ((((((HUUS))))))

Love & Prayers.........Kathy

I made it fine though all the storms & rain.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:57 am

Good morning, it's going to be a scorcher today. We should see triple digits all week, nothing higher than 105

This morning after I take the boys to school I will head into town and go fill my gas tank and go to WalMart. Marilyn needs an electric mixer. Her boyfriend is having a birthday soon and she wants to make a cake. That made me smile.

Lois, I love that you are doing a craft fair. hope you sell out. can't wait to hear how you liked it. We also have to go to multiple stores to find what we need. ugh.

Velda, love that you have humming birds. they are fun to watch and get pretty aggressive, they are a mighty creature for their size. How much more home stuff do you have to do in your home. I bet it is lovely. I would love the opportunity to empty out this house and start over.

Judi, glad you are enjoying your campout. Didn't Ken have knee issues? Did the boys get the sheetrock done.? when you leave, if you'd turn left, you could be in Cali in less than a week and I am available, you could camp here.

Flo, does DDIL have a washer? You are nice to do the wash and folding for her. I'm sorry your heart hurts, it's hard to lose a loved pet.

Tina, I have no clue about solar. We had talked about solar for our house but it wouldn't pay for itself in our lifetime. and that's all I know about that.

Maryq, what fun to go through those totes. I can't imagine having 29 totes to go through, bet you had fun. I check SS every day. My hints are updated and I'm anxious to get started. You have been a great head Santa, I so appreciate all your dedication. In 15 years I don't think I have ever had the same person twice. While I am sad you are stepping down I am glad Tina is taking your place, she will do a great job.

Maryz, thanks for the old people reminder about Costco. I may go there today too. Maybe I will see you.

Katy, thought about you yesterday. I put on the MUMU I bought at a yard sale, its way too big. It will go in the donation pile along with so many other clothes I mis-bought at yard sales.

Kathy, I had to erase the first line of my post today. It asked you where you were. Sorry you are blue, I so wish we lived closer to each other. Happy hair cut day. glad you rode out the storm. Feel free to give me a call or a text anytime, and we can talk.

Well I need to get dressed and go get some boys off to school. They get embarrassed when I show up in my jammies. Over the weekend I made them each a mask ( they have to wear them in school) with the LA Dodgers on them. they will be excited.

You all have a superb day, and if you happen to be at Walmart look for me, we can do lunch.

xo
Chriss
Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:37 am

Good Morning Girls

Had great intentions of getting here early!.... but you know that saying about great intentions. I actually was up at 0745 to see the kids off to school on their first day! You know you have to take pictures. Never did I think I would be taking those pictures again, after Kevin's last first day in 1998!

Lois.... HA HA HA ... Scavenger Hunt! Great way to describe grocery shopping. I usually go to Target for most of the stuff... if it's a big trip. But now that the kids are here and I need MORE... I make a run to Sam's. Brennen loves eggs, so I always have to get those "in bulk". Hope you have a successful craft fair! Viv and I were thinking about doing that at next year's big garage sale in Wisconsin.

Velda.. Thanks for the reminder about lotto. I did see it when Teresa first posted and though I could probably whip up a few in no time. I'll go check it out!

Judi...That Gordon Lightfoot song is one of my favorites! Once upon a knew a guy that was a merchant marine and was on Lake Superior that day... in a boat/ship almost right behind the Edmund Fitzgerald. Small world huh?

Flo.. So sorry to hear that you have you lost your beloved Sweet... Those puppies can sure leave a hole in your heart can't they. Now you know why I won't have a dog again until I know it will outlive me

Tina... I remember Kittyquilt, but not Suz. I see Alina post all the time on Facebook... remember her? We seem to have lost so many from the early days. Hope Frankie gets the solar figured out... my theory is.. when all else fails... read the directions! :lol: :lol:

Maryz... That's today's plan... get all the fabric washed, ironed and put away. I think that's one of my favorite things... getting all that gorgeous fabric all fluffed and folded and organized. Is it flip the coin day? Heads you stay in and sew... tails you go shopping and do chores? I hope it's heads!

Katy... Have you finished your sewing along quilt yet? I have mine done and when I went to the fabric warehouse I bought the backing for it. NOW I just have to decide if I want to try to quilt it myself or hand it off to Viv to do for me. She has 3 quilts in que for me right now, so guess I'll try it on my own! EEEKK

Kathy... So good to see you feeling better today! Get that hair cut.. you'll feel like a million bucks after! Every time I get mine done, I feel like a whole new woman! :lol: :lol:

Chriss.... It was kind of fun going through the tote boxes... but it was hard to really see what was there because they were all piled up in the attic. I'd love to dig some more, but if we were able to lay stuff out on a table and sort it better. Not all of it is great stuff.. but it will work for something. I thought Viv was going to re-sell some... but I think she and another friend plan on keeping it all! Thanks for doing your hints. I'm loving the spirit I see in every one's hint... Use---Re-use---Recycle! I was going to make that the theme this year.

My coffee is cold, so going to grab another cup and get back to washing up my fabric. Need to pay some bills (ugh) but the rest of the day is FREE!!!

Wishing you all a Terrific Day!

Return to β€œSew ins”