Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday September 7,2021

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Tuesday September 7,2021

Post by auntjana » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:07 am

Good morning!

A noisy rooster, noisy trucks, and lots of giggles from the kids walking to school. Fun to hear all the different noises here in the morning. The sun is shining and no rain for a few more days.

We too, need a run to the grocery stores. Yes, here too, it takes me several different stores to get what we use. Mostly because I am a picky, brand name shopper. I get the majority of everything now at my Winco store.

We got the uglies caught up, so it's play time here. A few more embroidery on towels and that project will be wrapped up. Tee hee that's a pun, they are Christmas gifts. I know, I am bad!

Aaron was called to a crash the other day. He and the troopers needed to put the car back right side up, it had rolled. The driver was injured and taken to the hospital. So as Aaron and the troopers worked, they ran the vehicle plates, they were from out of state and they found a federal hold for the driver, of which they immediately did. In the vehicle were many high powered automatic rifles, tons of ammunition and tactical gear. The driver had made known verified terrorist threats. What a great blessing that he was caught before he could carry out what he was up to. God is there, protecting at all times! They have no idea where this guy was headed, but at least he was stopped here. Our law enforcement officers are the greatest! Just thought I'd share a unreported story.

Stay safe!
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:18 am

I may have told you this but my father in law was a welder and worked on the building of the Edmund Fitzgerald...Ken was a small guy when it was launched not far from where we lived. We have a soft spot in our hearts for the ship and the 29 sailors that went down with her,,,where we are camping right now is not far from the Spot where the great ship rests at the bottom of Lake Superior, we have visited the museum where artifacts of the ship are displayed,,,including the ships bell. and now you know the rest of the story.

womster

Post by womster » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:26 pm

Just checking in - I am having some side effects from a new med - most unpleasant. Hopefully I will be as rain tomorrow. xoxo

Return to “Sew ins”