Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

MONDAY, Sept 6th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

MONDAY, Sept 6th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:39 am

Good early morning,

I'm wide awake at 0230 so decided to get up and see what was going on here. Not much, I see. Not even Lois, who is often up early early.

SHARONA - Glad you remembered the baby quilt! We make so many, sometimes it's hard to keep track. I keep a rough journal of quilts I make. And take at least one picture. I'm with you on planting trees. What a lot of work!

CHRISS - I'm glad your folks are close by and you see them weekly. I used to work night shift and would stop a few times a week on my way home to have coffee and visit with my parents. And I'm so glad I did! I know you're glad for every moment you spend with yours. My brother, Jim, also loved Jeeps. He brought his first one, a WWII vintage, home from San Diego when he discharged from the Navy in 1961.

VELDA - I have the exact same Sterlite cart in our trailer - in the corner of the slide by the table - to hold my sewing supplies. Very handy!

JANA - glad Sarah found her tile! I've set tile, too, "back in the day". Not my favorite thing to do. I much prefer quilting.

SHERRY - it sounds like 'a good time was had by all' at your place this weekend!

Yesterday was another day, another LOTR block. I think I have 8 finished now. Bill was gone most of the day so I was on my own. I got outside for a few hours and picked up all my yard art, stashed it away for the winter, and put out a few silk fall flowers by the front door. Then I filled all my wild critter water bowls. I've seen birds splashing around in them, so I know they're appreciated! Had a long phone conversation with my niece in CO, followed by several texts back and forth with her, regarding her dad's serious health crisis. Then my SIL stopped by for an hour or so. So I was alone, but I was busy all day.

Today's LOTR block will be "Gollum". I'm dreaming about this quilt at night, piecing different blocks, which is why I'm awake at this hour. I was working hard on a difficult block and finally had to get up and rest! lol! I finished listening to the LOTR audio book yesterday and now we have the movie to watch some chilly night when we abandon the deck for the warmer family room and big TV & DVR player. I didn't really understand the plot that well but I did get a feel for the characters and items in the story that are important and therefore included in this quilt. Each block depicts something or someone from the story.

Well, maybe I can go back to bed and catch a few more Zzzzz'z . . .
Enjoy your holiday!
mary z

fabricgirl

Re: MONDAY, Sept 6th

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:05 am

Good morning Mary Z and all who follow,

Yesterday I couldn't believe that my Sister Dolores celebrated 57 years of marriage wow does time sure fly by.
I'm working on pumpkin garland I'm going with Sandi to vend at a craft fair in PA.
I have some stuff I did in totes so I will make these to take also .

Mary z I think the reason why your up early is you have the LOTR on your mind :lol:

Well thats all the news here I hope you have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:21 am

Good morning. Since the group is started, I will add my reply and then get my second cup of coffee β˜•. Plan to start our day with exercise. ( We walk to a Leslie Sansone DVD). Then DH needs a haircut before the morning showers. After that I am finally going to sew, sew, sew!
My sewing area isn't completely organized, but close enough to start with September Lotto.
Teresa gave us a very easy block.
Let's all make a quick block or two to give her our support.
I would hate to loose this fun event for lack of participation. Let's put a bit of life back into this one and submit a quick block or two . If you win... What a great SS gift, or stitch together for a comfort quilt, or maybe a special friend.
I better get that coffee!!
Happy Labor Day.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:03 am

Good morning everyone cloudy after rain last night
Maryz That LO TR is even in your dreams Glad you had a busy fun day alone
Lois Hope you enjoy helping your niece out with the show
Velda I goggled your storage drawers I have 2 sets of those too Very handy
It was a nice day here yesterday I even sat on porch a short while Clouds were beautiful I love to see pretty white puffy clouds
It will be a laundry day here I plan to strips beds too Have a great Labor Day to all. Becca

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:20 am

Morning
Tractor in shop, may be 8 weeks tol we get it back. The axel housing that hold the hydronic fluid tore, part is on order. Joe working on zero turn, but he hot half the mowing done yesterday, I will get other half done today.
The bad luck still here, pray for us please.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:58 am

Good morning!

It is looking to be a beautiful day here. The morning temps have a definite fall feel. We have even seen the trees starting to turn to their fall colors. In my thinking, it's early, but wait, it's September!

More playing in the Batt Cave. Maybe I will be productive and get things done! That would be a first! LOL!

Stay safe! Be watchful!

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:05 am

Good sunny morning to all. We are at the beach in a timeshare for a few days. 7th floor with beautiful sounds and sights. We will go home tomorrow and get the mail (we're 7 miles away) Not doing any of the tourist things. We are always cautious and still don't go into restaurants- I'll make some food to take back.
It is nice being "away" for a few days. Next week we do a walk thru at my Joe and Fran's house. 7 days before the closing. Then the day of the closing they will do the final walk thru. They are so very anxious and very happy.
Laura got 39 shots in her head and neck 3 weeks. OUCH!!! This passed Weds. she got shots into her back and lower back I don't know how many shots wee given. Eperdurals and a lot of them (don't know how to spell it) She feel great now but she knows in a couple of months she'll go thru this all again.
Enjoy the holiday and thoughts are for the people of IDAs destruction
Diane

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:11 am

Good morning all

Yep I’m back in Kentucky this is our last day off and then both DH and I go back to work tomorrow school also starts for a little man so It’s gonna be a busy week πŸ₯°

I need to make two tiebacks this morning for the lady who I make curtains for as I got on vacation I realized oh my goodness I forgot her tiebacks I text her while on vacation and she was like no biggie 😜

I just put the 4 yards of muslin into the washer to get it prepped for the quilt I’m hand quilting so once it comes out the dryer and I get it laid out in Sandwich my quilt and get it basted and pinned I will be ready to start hand quilting that one

Well nothing else new here I was thinking of after all the other swaps of starting a blue white swap let me know what you all think anyone be interested

Hugs πŸ€— prayers πŸ™ happy stitches 🧡
🐐izzy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:23 am

Good Morning it has been one of those mornings computerwise. My IT guy was sleeping and I couldnt get anything to work,,,it kept connecting me to the campground which is insecure and crappy. Nothing worked,,,then my IT guy got up to a very frustrated wife, I have been trying for over n hour to get this fixed, I know nothing about phones and computers. Ken set up a personal hot spot on my phonr just so I could get on here and see how you all are doing, other than here I dont even open my laptop while camping,
It rained on and off all day yesterday and last night, They are calling for more rain here the next few days but not continuosly, it is a chilly fall like 55 this morning, we have no plans today but might run into the grocery dtore for a few things,
I did some hand sewing yesterday and got a few more reverse cathederal window blocks done...they are almost completely finished by hand, I have prepped about 50 to hand sew. I have 144 done...they are approx 4inch finished, it is a fun project for me,,,
We leave here friday to head to Brimley Mi near Sault St. Marie, we always save our tourist shopping for this place,,,I will get a new sweatshirt (Grandaughter swiped my other one) and Ken will get new Minnitonka slippers. We can buy these on line but we make it a tradition to get them up here, its a lot more fun to shop the tourist shops and while we are there we look at the Soo Locks...watching a big ship go through the locks is quite a site, I never get tired of seeing, hope your labor Day is fun and relaxing,,,I always thought labor day should also honor all those moms who labored giving birth,,,XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:22 am

Good Morning Girls

I'M HOME! I drove home yesterday to get a start on laundry etc before the kids get home later on this afternoon. What a fun weekend. We hit a couple quilt shops and spent a few hours on the pontoon boat (hence my sun burned legs!) The weather was great.. couldn't have asked for a more perfect trip to Wisconsin.

Viv let me go through her 29 tote boxes of fabric... Found a few things I can use and it worked out just great.... Viv likes orange and green and I don't ... so I picked out some blues and whites and a bunch of flannel that I can make baby blankets out of. Today I'll be spending the day in the laundry room washing every thing and getting it organized!

SO with that... I better get going!

BTW.. If you haven't checked out Secret Santa yet!! Check it out! It's lots of fun!

Wishing you all a marvelous Monday

Return to β€œSew ins”