Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday Sept 5th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Sunday Sept 5th

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:29 am

good morning it is cloudy and a fall like 57. it rained a good portion of the day yesterday but it is the first rainy day weve had,,,they really needed the rain up here. we opted out of the laundry and spent the day hand sewing and a bit of camper clean up...after supper we played Mexican Train, fun night,
Today we might do laundry and I will walk the beach a bit,, have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Becca

Re: Sunday Sept 5th

Post by Becca » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:57 am

Good morning everyone sun is peeking out We are in 50s too
Judi Enjoy your beach walk I always loved walking in the sand
It was a wonderful time with Our DS & his fiancé yesterday We had brunch together He goes by my DGDs bakery (his DD) & loads up & brings a variety to us I also added fruit and deviled eggs We loved it
Diane Hope laurels shots helped her I have 3 friends who tried them but they didn’t work
Maryq I hope you & Val are enjoying your going thru the bins together
It’s going to be a beautiful Sabbath day hope After Church I hope to get on my porch I’m sure it feels neglected this Summer Have a wonderful day to all

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:45 am

Good morning,

BECCA - I'm glad porch sitting is in your plan for the weekend. It's a 'skill' that's getting lost. What a nice visit you had with Marty and Estelle.

JUDI - well, I'm sorry it rained on your parade, but happy for that area that they got rain. I'm not ready for rainy days here yet as I've still got outside chores to do. But, oh, when it finally gets here, I will be out dancing in it, whether I'm ready or not! (it will probably come during OUR camping trip later this month!)

KATY - you are even changing thread colors! This muumuu is going to be a fashion masterpiece! I wanna see it!

CHRISS - so sorry about your neighbor. But never give up hope! Miracles happen at the most unexpected times. A chili supper with the parents sounds purrfect! How are your parent doing? They are younger than my older siblings.

DIANE - How is Laura today? I lost my post yesterday, too. I fat-fingered it. Frustrating. I have a habit of lingering my fingers on keys or dragging them over other keys. And sometimes my finger hits two keys at once and suddenly I find myself on a completely different website! Bill says he's seen me do things with a computer that in 33 years working IT for City of Tacoma he's never seen anyone else do. I feel special. 8-)

SHARONA - oh, aspens will be so pretty! Maybe you should plant an entire row along your property! Do you take photos of your projects? Check back on your phone and see if you can find that baby quilt.

MARY Q - we miss you! I hope you're having a mahvelous time, Dahling! I'll do my hints today. I haven't forgotten about them, I've just been thinking . . . . This is kind of like sitting on Santa's lap and telling him what you want for Christmas. I was never prepared for that, either.

VELDA - I use 3 of those plastic drawer carts in my sewing room - one for novelty fabrics, one for scraps, and one for tools, bobbins, sewing machine books, etc. I got all of mine in thrift shops. I have one in the trailer as well.

Yesterday I made another 7" LOTR block. I zoomed through this one in just 3-1/2 hours. For a while I thought this would be my first block without frogging. And then suddenly, I was wrong. :( But I finally got 'er done. Then I moved outside with DH and we cleaned under our deck, which is kind of a big garden shed that hasn't been cleaned in decades. That was a job well done and it only took us 2-1/2 hours. Got rid of a LOT of old, ugly stuff, cleaned up the old not so ugly stuff, organized it, and raked out years of maple leaves that had blown in under there. Today - Another block and then back to gathering, cleaning, stowing yard art for the winter. I have a lot of odds and ends in the yard - bunnies, skunks, squirrels, gnomes, coyotes, etc. Speaking of coyotes, we've seen them several times on our walks this summer and I know they've been in our yard. We make sure Foxy is in at night and lock his cat flap. And there have been 4 bear sightings recently within a mile or so of us. With all the land clearing and building there is no where for the wildlife to go. Sad.

I'm off for another cuppa. Make your day a good one!

mary z
>^+^<

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:51 am

Happy Sunday. Beautiful morning here as well. Enjoying a couple of hummingbirds.
Washed some fabric last night, preparing for a sewing week. 😊🤗
Church at 9, then a trip to Wally World before coming back home. Have a short list this time, but will still end up with a full cart, no doubt.
Maryz, the 3-drawer unit I found is made by Sterilite and has a basket weave texture. Brown color. Drawers are generous size too.
Have a great day.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:42 am

Good morning all! Beautiful day today. Got about 20 minutes worth of rain last night. Rob and Sadie went home yesterday late. He is going to Comic-Con today. Went to football game Friday night but John did not play. On Saturday morning went to JV game and John played center like he always does. Sorry to report that they lost both games. John is just a freshman but getting good experience.

Doug brought Jax over after the game and he played hard with Smoke and Sadie. They had a good time playing together. It is so nice to have both my sons close enough that I can see them whenever I want. Just wish Harold was still here to enjoy them too.

Not doing much today but a load of laundry. Will also work on my new puzzle and watch sports on TV. My Michigan Wolverines won yesterday so I am very happy.

Well better get going and feed the furbabies and me. Hope everyone has a good and safe Labor Day weekend.

Sherry

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:29 am

Good morning!

Went on a traipse, this store to that store, then Costco and home. Michael did find a saw blade, the tractor supply store, wasn't, more cowboy clothing than anything and Costco was normal. In between all this, I was on the phone with Sarah. She was trying to remember which store had the tile she wanted. And where she looked, nothing floated her boat. As she was about to give up, I reminded her of another Lowes location, they are almost on every corner here, and voile, she found what she had already picked out. Good thing, it was clearance priced, bad thing, not enough for the bathroom and the kitchenette in her basement. So, just the large area of the kitchenette. By the time we got home, she had more than half that wall done! It's a travertine tumbled stone, creamy color, leaning towards the gray side. Very nice, if you like grays, not my cup of tea. So add tiling to her resume too.

Church is a bit later this morning. And we we get home, it will be a quiet day. Matt is still gone camping in the boonies, Sarah is tiling, and Aaron's on duty. Aaron's busy day will be tomorrow as the entire state comes home from camping. Utahns have more RV's, toy haulers, boats, side by sides, motorcycles, snowmobiles, jet skis, ATV's, than anywhere! And they haul all their kid's bikes too. Sheesh!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:54 am

Good morning my friends, hope your day is starting out wonderfully.

Sheets just went into the washer and will be on the line soon. I hope to wash a couple of quilts also and get them on the line. Then the goal is to play in my room after church.

Yesterday afternoon we went to visit my friend up the road. Her husband has cancer and the doctors say he has about 6 months. They don't think they can help him but are going with radiation and chemo to try. Jerry made a cobbler and we took ice cream. What I had intended to be a short visit turned into 4 hours.

Judi, I haven't walked in sand in a long time, bet it felt nice on the toes.

Becca, you are so blessed with a wonderful family. hope that porch gets to be your resting place this afternoon.

Maryz, Yay for getting another LOTR block done. I did update my SS hints, yes again. I will be sure to do my final edit before the deadline. I love reading everyone's hints. My parents are fine, step mom is showing signs of forgetfulness. Dad just goes non stop. He has a 1965 jeep and has taken it apart and put it back together a few times. Recently he added power steering.

Velda, thanks for the hair color info. you are so helpful and I appreciate it. I think your Sterilite drawers will be wonderful for you. I also go to Wally world for a few things and find a few extras. Found a pair of Halloween leggins for Marilyn. She loves Halloween.

Sherry, a football game and time with your family. sounds like the perfect start to the weekend. it is a blessing to have your kids nearby.

Jana, you sure have a busy family. Enjoy your quiet afternoon.

Katy, my all time favorite SS swap was when we made stockings. My elf was from a town named surprise and she said in her hints she loved surprises. I was able to put a lot of little surprises in that stocking. A lot of my favorite useful tools, a 1x12 ruler, a first aid kit from the dollar store, a purple thang, a thimble, etc. so many little things and each one wrapped. I had fun putting it together. I get batting on sale usually at Joanns, have you looked online? lots of places are having Labor Day sales.

Sharona, I only tried to sew on Mineke once, never again, it stretches way too much. Did you ever find a new church?

Well girls, Jane Pauley will be over soon, we watch her morning show each Sunday. Then it's time to start my day.

I pray your day is wonderful.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

womster

Post by womster » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:49 pm

Good evening!

It's been a busy day. Went to church and then came home to sew, test the generator, supervise bush trimming (DH lost his solo privileges after cutting down a shrub I'd asked him to keep) and then phone calls and texts. And I'm here to tell you we've planted our last tree. What a lot of work, and I just supervised. I'm just now getting to my desk work, and it's already bedtime!

Maryz - I asked DH - he said I made it for the owner of a restaurant we've been going to for years. It was a surprise baby for them - he now has three sons.

Chriss - After a lot of soul-searching, I decided to stay at the church I've been attending.

Best run - medicine time. See y'all tomorrow! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”