Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SATURDAY, Sept 4

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

SATURDAY, Sept 4

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:27 am

Good morning,

IZZY - I hope you had a good trip home and made it there safely. From what you said, you should just about be arriving now.

LYN - I hope you get some time at home before heading to Texas. You're right - cutting off borders would definitely be easier than adding on. I think you had some great ideas for that though.

SHERRY- Scottie is the same way. We don't have a guest room, but he knows if we are expecting company for supper. The table is set and I swear he can smell the difference between regular food and company food when it's cooking. He starts barking, 'They're here! They're here!" two hours before they're here. :lol:

SHARONA - well, I could have sworn you made a baby quilt recently. With Minkie. Was it someone else did that? Maybe I dreamed it. Maybe I had one too many glasses of wine that day . . . :roll: What kind of trees did you get?

JANA - that Christmas Ribbons pattern would lend itself to machine embroidery very well, I think. Are you going to go traditional green/red or other, rogue Christmasy colors like blue/silver or purple/gold or ?? Glad some of your construction is finished. But your area wouldn't be your area if your area didn't have some major MAJOR construction!

JUDI - What a fun coincidence to run into someone who actually went to your high school! Did she know any of your siblings? Glad the weather is working out for you. Are you staying in an RV park, a state or county park, a COE park, a federal campground, your camping membership park?

Yesterday I spent 5 hours making one 7" LOTR block. I am 90% pleased with how it came out which I call a keeper. I have six finished now. By then I needed some fresh air so I went outside, repotted some house plants, gathered up more yard art, washed it and put it away for winter.

Our expected boondockers for the weekend cancelled. They found out they were exposed to Covid so are in quarantine for two weeks. I hope they don't get sick. So we're on our own and today we're going to finish the yard art round-up, then work under our deck which is kind of a mess with some old resin lawn chairs that need to go to the dump. Also a plethora of old large pots of various kinds. and lots of dead leaves that have found their way in. We're going to sort it all out, pitch and purge, rake, and think about better storage for the pots we decide to keep. I also plan to do another LOTR block today. Last night we ordered all the LOTR fabric I need to finish this project, and like MARY Q said, it was E X P E N S I V E. It's coming from England. But we talked it over and decided to bite the bullet because this is a once in a lifetime project. I want to finish it off right. I love my grandson. I love my grandson. I love my grandson. And by doing that, I've committed myself to this project to the bitter end.

I've got some leftover cooked chicken in the fridge so I think I'll make some chicken noodle soup for supper. I can put it in the crockpot and not have to cook anything when I come back into the house, tired and dirty.

What is everyone planning for the weekend? I hope there's some fun on your itinerary!

Mary Z
>^+^<

velvet

Re: SATURDAY, Sept 4

Post by velvet » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:44 am

GRR!!!! Lost a large post AGAIN!!!
I'll try later
Diane

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:51 am

Good Morning. I had a fun evening. I added a small plastic snap together shelving to the small space I had been pondering over. I am so pleased. It's light weight but sturdy enough to support my flatware chest and a couple of precious "Nickie Nackie's that I saved and unpacked last night. Found a perfect home for my table runners, quilts trivets, etc
Today I am going to unload and re-organize the closet in spare room. ( Things just got shoved in there as we were settling the rest of the house). Maybe sewing will be coming soon. 🤗
Hope you all have a great weekend.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:59 am

Morning
Tractor at dealer for repair. Could be as long as 8 weeks. Hole was punched under tractor into case that holds the hydrolic fluid....
Today we will dig Sweets grave by hand and use push mower in spurts to get mowing done. Joe was home yesterday, through Monday...a 4 day weekend to catch up here.
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:14 am

Good Morning i had a whole post typed and it logged me off of the site and erased my post...we have crappy internet up here,,,
My sis wants to do laundry and we need a few groceries...so that is the plan...maybe some dominos later as it is supposed to be a rainy day,
Yesterday we spent the day outside I worked on hexis yoyos and reverse cathederal window blocks..it was ideal weather,,,
To answer your question Mary we are at a campground run by the city of Munising,,,it has full hook up right on lake Superior...we dont boon dock except for one night on our way somewhere,,,and only if we have to...we do not have an on board generator and we did our share of boondocking with our kids years ago,,,Ken loved primitive campsites deep in the woods....Now we are old and spoiled and love all our amenities...full hook ups when ever possible. we will stay at the state parks that have only water and electric (no sewer) because those are some of the most beautiful parks in florida at the ocean... we use the bathrooms in the park cause they are super clean and plenty of hot water, some even have washers and dryers right in the parks.
Well i need more coffee and to get dressed...hope you all have a great day,,,my sister in law and family lives in New jersey I talked to her this morning she saif the hurricaine messed up everything but they had no damage or flooding,,,Prayers for all that did...She told me one of her quilting friends lost her home in a tornado.and all of her stash,,,sad. they need prayers all over the east coast..Chrissy said they are fine too only rain...take care where ever you are,,,,,my word of the day is love....put a little love in your heart.XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:09 am

Good marvelous morning, it's going to be a beautiful day today.

Jerry made a crock pot full of chili yesterday and we took chili cheese dogs to my parents house. We go for a parent check up at least one day a week. Dad is 80 and my step mom is 78.

I found some LA Dodger fabric at Joanns and will make each of my neighbor boys a Dodger mask, they will be excited. I have a disposable child sized mask to use as a pattern.

This afternoon we go to a neighbors house. Jerry will make a peach cobbler and I will go get some ice cream. The husband, last year, had some serious surgeries and almost didn't make it. Not really sure what all he had done but now his cancer is back and it's not looking good.

Today requires a trip to WMart. I use pink salt and because its grains are bigger than the holes in a salt shaker lid Jerry uses a drill to make the holes bigger. Well he really went overboard making the holes bigger in the lid so I need a new salt shaker. There goes 97 cents.

I've updated my SS hints 4 million times. Not quite sure I am done yet but will be done by the time the deadline to sign up is.

Maryz, that LOTR quilt will be such a treasure and one day a beautiful memory of the grandma who made it. He will tell his children all about it and how special it is and how special you were to make it. It's going to be a big thing for him.

Guess I need to get dressed and head into town. WalMart frown on showing up in your jammies.

You all have a fantastic day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:36 am

Good morning All
Not much going on here. we cleaned all floors this morning but no heavy cleaning. Will wash down my bedroom tomorrow. I tell you I love my new sweeper. I can sweep at least three or 4 rooms without a break. LOL Yesterday saw chiro then grocery shopping. Everyone inside is back in mask. I hope they do not close everything down. I am going to at least one if not two quilt shops this week. I deserve a break. :lol: And need borders on my quilt. I also need some batting. Boy that stuff is hard to find around here.
If I go to Macomb TO piece to peace quilt shop I can run into a large Walmart and see if they have batting. On the other hand there is a new quilt shop in Pekin. And a hobby lobby. Gish choices and more choices.
When I get off of here I am going to go hem my ruffle before attaching to my MUMU. I think I need to shorten the length. Then it will be gathering and sewing on. I hope to get this done as well as some gardening before seeing Dr on the 16th.
Chriss I cannot make up my mind on what to put in my SS Hints. I have a couple of small things and just might go with them. LOL
Judi It sounds like your having Fun Keep it up girl.
O lordy Velda you have been busy. Just keep your sewing room in mind. You will be sewing soon.
Maryz I will be fixing beef stir fry. But no rice. For some reason my stomach objects to rice. So I bought stir fry noodles.
Well I need to walk Boo then rethread my machine with color to match last stripe in ruffle.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:44 am

Good morning!

Up late last night watching a nailbiter of a baseball game. My Giants came through, won and are in first place, alone. Whew! All I can say is , Chriss, come on, a Dodger mask? It hurts to even type that name!

Quiet day planned. We will make a run to Lowes or Home Depot, Michael needs a different saw blade and I need a new light fixture for my closet. It is the last of what we call Pelosi bulbs. These light bulbs are not your normal light bulb that have a Edison base, screw in, but what is called a bi-pin base, that is a pain you know where to buy and get a wattage to even see with! Required by a law Pelosi passed on new construction. Let alone read!
It has cost us quite a bit of money to replace all the fixtures here in my house. All because "she" knows what is best! NOT! One more thing to make sure we, the people, are kept in the dark of what they are really doing. OK, enough of my soap box.

So when we get back, I will sew.

Ethan's house arrest lasts until he gets his work caught up. So his time is up to his choices, get it done quickly, and get to play or drag it out. He has quite a bit caught up and is trying to negotiate Monday off, because it's a holiday. He was here yesterday and worked washing baseboards and my staircase railing and ballisters. He does a great job.

Well, time to go,
Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:10 am

Good morning!

Maryz - wish we lived closer - I would take your old, unwanted pots. You're right, I did make a Minky baby blanket. I have no idea who it was for or even what fabric I used. Gosh that is awful. Maybe DH will remember. I bet that LOTR fabric was quite pricey. But as you said - he is worth it. Too bad your Boondockers were exposed - what a drag. DH decided he wanted Aspen trees, so we went to our local nursery. We will plant them when he is done mowing.

Vel - sounds like you're having a great time getting your new home in order.

Flo - sorry about the tractor. It will be hard work to hand-dig a grave - RIP Sweet.

Judi - I'm with you on not roughing it camping. Not that we go camping anymore, but if we did, and there were no cabins available, I would go with all the amenities. Glad the weather was nice for y'all yesterday.

Chriss - what a grand dinner you and your dad and step-mom will have. Sorry to hear about your neighbor.

Katy - oh my - so many choices! I buy my batting when it's on sale at Joann's, and I buy a bolt of it. Glad the new sweeper is working so well for you.

Jana - have a great time at either the Depot or Lowes.

Today is my DS2's DD2's 17th birthday. She is now the same age as her older sister for the next 45 days. And, of course, she woke up sick. He ran and got a covid home test, because they have her other sisters and brother showing up. It was negative - sounds more like a yucky summer cold to me, and no fever. After a nap, I will be heading outside to sew on my Halloween blocks. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”