Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday September 3,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Friday September 3,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:50 am

Good Morning Everyone.

It's a nice day outside its in the 60's and it's suppose to go up into 70's.
Today I have to finish the wash and then I will sew.
That is all the news here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Re: Friday September 3,2021

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:31 am

Good morning,

LOIS - I was actually joking about joining me in making this quilt, but if it intrigues you, it would be really great to have an LOTR sewing buddy! I've started listening to the story on tape while I sew. I've never read the book or seen the movie(s) and it helps to understand what I'm sewing. I'm using the patterns in the website I posted in yesterday's sew-in.

MARY Q - so? Have you found out anything about those 29 totes so far?? :D I've been thinking about my SS hints. I will fill them in when my thoughts get themselves gathered up and organized.

JUDI - how is camping?

JANA - how is Ethan? I did get out my mini-stocking patterns and looked at them, but that's as far as I got. I really have no use for them but they look fun to sew. But then the LOTR project came along and I think that will keep me busy for some time to come. But I, too, would do the easy ones first, to get my feet under me. Also, I would get more done faster which gives me encouragement to keep going.

KATY - I figure if I wash a wall and the rag comes away clean then the wall doesn't need washing. However, I'm not going to do that test on my sewing room walls! lol! Have to admit, they are full of dusty lint. You may inspire me to take a day or two and "refresh" my playroom. I'm trying hard for you not to do that! :lol:

SHARONA - what part of the Bible are you studying? Did you finish that baby quilt you were working on? What's next?

FLO - glad no discernible damage for your family in Jersey. So, I'm curious (I'm always curious about things that are none of my beeswax :D ) if all your family is in New Jersey, how did you get to CA? And how long has it been since you oved from CA to MO?

VELDA - I think if I were adding a border to a finished quilt I would do it exactly as you described. I have the opposite problem - thinking of removing borders on a log cabin quilt I made about 5 yrs ago. It's just too big.

CHRISS - thank you for the pattern(s). They look fun to do. If I ever finish LOTR . . . . What's happening in your sewing room these days?

Yesterday I got the binding on my Spell Dancer. I still need to make and attach a label, but I posted a picture anyway, if you'd like to see it. I love how it turned out! Maybe next year I'll make a Christmas Dancer. Or maybe not.

Today is a wide open day and calls for a long morning walk to get started right. I plan to work on another LOTR block, "Gandolph". I have a few chores in the yard I still need to finish up, too, so I might get out there sometime this afternoon or this weekend. We have Boondockers coming in Sat and Sun night. They are actually fairly local - from Bangor Submarine Base - about 40 miles away. He is military and they just want a weekend break. I keep hoping a quilter will come along and camp with us. :D

Have a happy, sewy day!

Mary Z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:46 am

Good Morning,,,Noting planned for today but that means nothing,,,We had a fine day on the tour of "Grand Island" yesterday it was fun as we got to ex plore some old buildings and some beautiful beaches, turns out our tour guide who lives up here,,,actually grew up in the same city as we did and went to the same high school me and all of my siblings went to. she was closer to my sisters age and year so they has quite a conversation about the "olden days" small world insnt it.
My DD called last night and they has a toxic spill in her city and it was declaired a state of emergency it looks like some one dumped gasoline in the sanitary drains...no one was in danger but the smell bothered those near there, since all the kids are off school today for the holiday weekend they are nt near the effected area.
It is cloudy and cool today high near 70. very very comfortable..campground is packed with people boondocking on the open areas,,,we make out reservations a year in advance so e have a great spot. hopr you have a great holiday weekend....XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:19 am

Good morning!

Cloudy and cool. Checked my local weather app for thunderstorms and there are a couple on my mountains to the west. Hopefully more rain.

Ethan is doing well. I am sure when he is granted monitored release, he will be down here. He has caught up quite a bit of his missing school work. Sarah has Ethan on house arrest until he is caught up.

Matt is heading out camping up to the in law property in Dueschene. Absolutely nothing there, no trees, no water, no nothing. ! They will be back Monday.

Sarah and Aaron are both staying here, which is good.

So more sewing for me. My new pattern arrived, Christmas Ribbons. It has a fussy cut center of a block, so I am thinking to use a Christmas embroidery program for that part of the block. Not sure yet, so will look through what I have. Sarah is still having fun with all the things the new sewing machine does. I am still getting phone calls, mom, does your machine do this? I smi.e, say, yes, and proceed to teach her more about that feature.

Sarah and Michael have this running, nanny nanny, I did this first game. We have been dealing with major, I do mean MAJOR, road construction. To get across the valley, a main thorough fare has been closed for several months. Sarah called Michael and told him, nanny nany. I drove on the reopened, rebuilt, road first. So now we can get across to the other side of the valley with greater ease. The road by Matt's house is the same construction project , but is still closed. Our new opening makes getting to Lowes a whole lot easier. That may be a bad thing! LOL! Also easier to my LQS, that's a good thing!

Stay safe
Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:30 am

Good morning!

Lois – what a pleasant day for y’all.

Maryz – I am so impressed that you are tackling the LOTR quilt. I will go check out your latest Spell Dancer. I must have finished that baby quilt because I don’t even remember it! I am working on my Halloween blocks at the moment. We are studying Daniel and Revelation. I found out yesterday that my ‘normal’ Wednesday study won’t be held this year – glad I signed up for this one. I will cross my fingers that you get a quilting boondocker soon.

Judi – it is a small world! What in the world was that person thinking – dumping gas into a sanitary drain? Enjoy your day – glad the weather is cooperating.

Jana – glad to hear Ethan is doing well.

DH has decided we are running up to Costco tomorrow to get a couple of trees. They have 12’ trees for $60 and he wants to start cutting some grass out where the sprinklers don’t reach. So we are headed outside to outline the area with neon spray so I can better visualize it. Then, if the stinking yellow jackets are gone, I will once again try to weed out the newly planted area. And then I’m off to sew! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:33 am

Good morning all! Not much going on this morning. Rob and Sadie are coming from Elkhart this weekend to see John my grandson play football. I got their room all ready and so Smoke is going nuts because he knows when I do that they are coming. He and Sadie have so much fun playing together. I got my lawn mowed yesterday. It was such a beautiful day to mow.

Working on balancing my checkbook. Since my bank puts my pension and Social Security checks in my account 2 days early I got them both already since Monday is a holiday.

I ordered and got some of that Relief Factor that I see advertised on the TV to see if it will help my sore knees. Has anyone here tried it and gotten results? I figure anything is worth a try.

Well better go get some breakfast for me and the furbabies. Hope you all have a nice Labor Day weekend and be safe. Am praying for all of the people that got pummeled by Hurricane Ida sown south and up the coast. You are in my prayers. Also praying for all of our people that are still in Afghanistan.

Sherry

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:38 am

Top of the morning to Y'all.

MaryZ, our res for Texas starts October 15th. I looked at the blocks for that quilt...Wow. Cutting off border would be easier than add on.

Velda, I think your add border plan will work. I would add the back first, then fancy top stitch the top down.

Jana, I enjoy your stories.

Rained most of the night and still coming down. Neighbor guy called and asked if I could pick up his daughter from school at 11. They visited a friend's house and this is the second time she came home with bug bites. They look like bed bug bites. No one else gets them when sitting on a couch at that house. How do ya tell a friend they have bugs if no one else is bothered by them? On a happier note, neighbor girl is going to homecoming dance and I'm taking her shopping for the dress.

DH and I have Dr appt next Wednesday to go over test results and review how DH is doing. Whenever we leave here, we'll go to Colorado for however long we have. Then we'll head to Texas.
Lyn

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:51 am

Good morning from balmy Florida 85 already. Been awesome time we plan to pull out early and leave tonight around 5 so we should be going thru Atlanta around midnight less holiday weekend traffic 🙂 that should put us home about 6am Saturday 🙂🤪

Just got everything packed and ready to load now will rest and lay in bed with grand for while 😂

🤗 hugs prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

Return to “Sew ins”