Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

thurs Sept 2

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

thurs Sept 2

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:48 am

Good morning another foggy day at Lake Gitchigummi, (Longfellows name for Lake Superior) we head to grand Island for a tour today,,,it is primitive with lots of bears deer fox and eagles...other critters too, we will take a pic-a-nic lunch and who knows we may share it with yogi and booboo.
It is very relaxing and quiet here,,,lots of folks from Wiscomsin and some from New York....mostly fellow Michiganders.
Weather has been perfect cool comfprtable and no bugs....Hope you are all having the same fun time...I havent watched the news in days,,,hope all is well...XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

Becca

Re: thurs Sept 2

Post by Becca » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:04 am

Good morning everyone sunny here
Judi Best to not see news Glad you are enjoying yourself
Flo Sorry you lost your Beloved sweet It isn’t easy to let a pet go
Katy I’m anxious to see your mummy
All your wall washing makes me tired
Sharona I hope things are calmer at your place Sorry about your friends
Maryq I know you were top knot on SS Hope you & Viv are having fun in the fabric bins
Tina I know you will do a super job with SS
Kathy So happy to hear you got to knitting & are getting out
Izzy Hope your vacation is going great & weather is nice Hope DH is well now
Chris I know the Mother is happy you make the boys listen They need discipline on their lives
Sure it’s all filled with love too
Sherry Hope you & your fur babies have a great day
Maryz I know it’s another LOTR day for you
Velda I can see you still assembling furniture Sure Hope the end is near for you And that your new place is taking shape
Lois Hope you had no damage from Ida We got lots of rain & some wind
Suzanne I know your JDeerr quilt will be a nice one
I hope I left none out I have 2 appts today which I hate They called me because I have put it off so long Lol
Then I will make a quick stop at Beths Bakery Then home I am a home body & hate dressing to go to town
Have a great day everyone I saw where a deputy was killed by drunk driver here last night Sad
Becca

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:40 am

Good morning to all. I saw the destruction from IDA from LA. and it is still moving. Last night my kids were under tornado warnings and watches thru Long Island and the area (New Jersey also) What a mess - so many lost their lives -their homes. I don't know how you start all over with nothing. Prayers go to each and every one of those unfortunate families.

Today I take Laura for her shots down and back-very painful for her. She refuses and sedation for this and I don't know how she handles it. Her pain tolerance is very high (even the doctors and nurses say that of her) Please send a fast prayer her way. We have the appointment for 10:30

I'll come back later to catch up.
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:46 am

Good morning,

JUDI - so glad you are having a fun time! I was going to make a Gitcheegumee joke before you left, forgetting that you really ARE going to Gitcheegumee! lol! Forget the news. That's the best part of vacations!

BECCA - I, too, have two appts this morning and an errand to run. And I also hate getting dressed up and leaving the house. It's like we're twins!

CHRISS - babysitting is second only to mothering - the most important job in the world! Those boys are in good hands. And yes, bordering the LOTR blocks is the plan. I think. For now, it's just to make the blocks. Yesterday's block, somebody's dagger, is a toughie. I think I mixed up some fabrics. The dagger ended up with a serious compound fracture! lol! I need to redo it.

SHARONA - our Costco did away with old people hours completely, I believe. In a way, I'm kind of complimented! :D When we were there last week there were a few Christmas things in the aisle next to Halloween costumes. I love their Christmas stuff. I want to buy it all. Except that we already have it all! Bill is looking for new lights for the roof. Used to be, in true Scrooge fashion he didn't even want lights but now we have a few lights burnt out and he has been talking about replacing all of them this year. This man always keeps me guessing! Are you by any chance working on Halloween blocks in your SSSS....?

KATY - Now, diaphragmatic hernias I've heard of. I believe that is part of the problem Mary Rose is dealing with. Sorry your obsession is cleaning, especially wall washing. My obsession is quilting. I prefer mine. :D

MARY Q - I'm thinking about those hints. . . . Did you have fun at fabric warehouse with your new quilty pal? Enjoy your weekend at Viv's. Are you taking more quilts to her?

DIANE - Prayers for your sis today as she gets her shots. How many does she get in one sitting?

VELDA - are you all as settled as you can be for now? I would like your new address, too. Maybe you can text it to me?

JANA - we saw the news on Nora, the Pacific hurricane, when it blew through Puerto Vallarta at a Cat 1. It didn't have the strength of Ida, but in some areas, mostly poor residential, it did just as much damage. You and Sarah are having way too much fun with that new machine!

FLO - I like putter around the house days. The sewing room is part of the house, right?

Yesterday I spent most of my sewing hours working on one LOTR block. Since the only photos I have of finished blocks are the ones I took with my phone off the computer screen, getting some of these colors/fabrics right can be tricky. I Will be redoing two of the six sections in this 7" block. But I WILL get it right! Eventually. But first I have my annual physical, then a massage right after, then go pick up our mail, so I will be gone all morning. And Bill just reminded me that we have a Mexican dinner date with friends tonite at 4pm so my afternoon will be abbreviated, too. Speaking of Bill, he finished quilting Spell Dancer yesterday! I need to put a binding and a label on her and she'll be ready to go haunting!

have a great sewing day!

Mary Z
>^+^<

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:01 am

Good morning Everyone,
Well I'm going to try this again I think diane and I were posting at the same time we had some wild weather here tornadoes 🌪 all around us luckily none got close to where we are at but they did do damage to other counties so much flooding our homedopt is flooded Newark Airport got flooded and the list keeps going.
So glad for the man upstairs for keeping us safe.
Today is our cleaning day so I have to close get dressed and ready to do that afterwards I will be in my room
Lois

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:04 am

Mary is there a way we can see what that quilt will look like.

Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:23 am

LOIS, Hopefully I did this right. Here are the blocks I am doing. So far, I've done the gold ring, the Eye of Souran, Bag End, the Road, and am now working on the dagger, Shard of Narsil. At the website, click on Sci fi and then select LOTR. http://www.fandominstitches.com/2011/05/hobbitlotr.html

mary

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:28 am

Happy Thursday! No new news here. One last piece of furniture assembled today, then I will concentrate on how to get some order for a sewing space. ??? Will need some of those plastic snap together shelf units. I already have things in plastic containers. It will be fun and will get me pumped up to start a project.
Here's a question for all of you so much more experienced than me.
Have you ever needed to add a border to a finished quilt? My "Crazy Covid Quilt" needs 5 or 6" in each side. I think I will layer a piece with border, batting, and backing. Then attach on each side similar to quilt-as-you-go method.
I don't have leftovers of fabric, so I will just do something that will coordinate. So much scrappy look to this quilt, so color won't really matter. It just needs extra width.
I don't know what I was thinking when I put it together! 😮 I appreciate your ideas.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:33 am

Morning
Quilting this morning, joe gets home about noon. Maybe we will go out, maybe nap....
Lois, my family, including DD, are in south Jersey. So far no damage there.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:33 am

Good morning!

Not much here 9n my docket today. Cleaning, laundry and sewing. Breezy this morning and hopefully some rain .

Ethan is doing well after the incident at school yesterday. The pencil lead from his hand, the doctor removed was about 3/8 inch long and left a large hole. With it being a puncture wound, the doctor wants it left open and to heal slowly. So Ethan has quite the hole in his hand. And it is his right hand, but that is no problem, Ethan is left handed! So no getting out of doing school work.

I did more of my mini stockings, only three left to make. Being lazy, maybe more like dumb, I left the three with the most pieces for last. Did the quick and easy ones first. So will get those three done today. My other set of towels arrived and I will work on Christmas gifts too.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”