Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, September 1st

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Wednesday, September 1st

Post by suzette58 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:16 am

Good morning everyone.
We have several tornado watches in our area but not ours. We are just getting rain. I posted that I had finished the raw edge appliqué wall hanging but it must have gone into a black hole somewhere. LOL. I am now cutting fabric for a John Deere quilt hubby wants. It is a panel and the pattern I am using is by Swirly Girls. It is called Panel Blast. It is going to be wonderful. Well, I am going to take a snooze now that the dogs have been out and fed. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Wednesday, September 1st

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:52 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,

We are getting rain today alllllll day some thunderstorms this afternoon.
Today is our chiropractor apt and after that I will be home sewing I'm making gnome potholders it took a few hours to make 1 I did yesterday because I had to keep reading the directions :lol: .
Well it's time for more coffee then I will cut another potholder to sew when I get back.

Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:43 am

Good Morning sun has risen and fog on the lake...When my kids were little they were scared of the fog...they used to say the world disappeared...I would tell them not to worry the world was still there but a cloud lost its way and fell to earth it would find its way back to the sky and all would be well.
Last night after chili and some outside time we were able to live stream Liams hockey game....I could even see my DD in the stands,,,they won the game technology is sometimes awesome...
Today we have no plans and we will have coney dogs for supper..I may sew today while Ken naps......more good news is my son and his friend are putting up drywall in my basement. He called yesterday to tell me they were at my house....he is on temprary layoff at work for a week and needed something to do...
well I need to get dressed and go watch the cloud go back where it came from. Have a great day XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO Secret Santa sign ups are in the swap section...it is a lot of fun,,,,come join us.

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:08 am

Suzette and Lois, hope it's only rain and no bad storms.
Judi, I liked your fog story. Nice you could watch the game. Maybe if you camp long enough, you'll come back to a finished basement.
Same old here.
Wishing you all a wonderful day!
Lyn

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:46 am

Good morning,

SUZETTE - your panel quilt is going to be great! We're tractor lovers here, too, but I never did get a quilt made. Sorry your photo didn't post. Sometimes you have to hit SUBMIT a couple times. Hope you try again.

LOIS - I'll see you at the chiropractor and then, after a short stop at the grocery store, meet you in the sewing room. Love your little gnome Santa!

JUDI - that's cute - "the world disappeared". :D You came up with a good answer for them! Yes, technology can be a headache sometimes but most of the time it's great! I'm glad you could watch Liam's game! So nice to hear of progress being made on your basement!

LYN - how is your hubby doing? Any sign of going home yet? Will you be going back to TX as usual come Oct 1st-ish?

SHARONA - glad you were able to drop in, fashionably late or otherwise! Sorry HL didn't have anything you needed, but happy you found your fabric someplace else. Is Costco back to old people hours with the new wave of Covid or did your Costco never stop? Ours stopped end of July. Since we started getting milk delivery we dont' go quite as often (our Costco is only 3 mi away). Even at $6/gal for delivery, we've saved hundreds of other dollars! :D

FLO - I'm so sorry your lost your sweet Sweet. This is the bad part of having our fur babies. But they give us so much, they are worth it. But so difficult. Hugs!💔

KATY - sorry to hear about the rib hernia. Never heard of such a thing. I hope you don't have to have surgery but hope, if you do, you can get into a hospital. Hospitals are full these days. Your muumuus sound very comfy. Do you usually use Hawaiian fabrics or fabrics you just happen to love? I think you said this one is Halloween . . . We wash our walls with TSP prior to painting, but that's usually it unless we have a disaster of some kind. You did inspire me a year or two ago to wash walls when I did seasonal cleaning. I got over that in just 1-1/2 rooms! :lol: I guess I'm just lazy.

MARY Q - you are too funny! And talented!! You know I'm in!! I'll go check out that hints page ASAP.

SHERRY - NOTHING comes before the furbabies get fed in the morning. Nothing! Oh, I take that back - I do turn on the kitchen light and hit the brew button as I pass by the coffemaker on my way to the pet food cannisters! lol!

VELDA - thank you! You're right! I will at least try anything for my grandsons. Except ziplining. My BFF did that for her grands and I like to learn from others' mistakes, so maybe I wouldn't try that. :lol: But a LOTR - I'll give it a go. But whoever gets my name in SS, I need a new seam ripper already! :lol: Steep learning curve with paper piecing. . .

CHRISS - what's happening in your world today? Are you the official before/after school little boy watcher for your neighbors now while the parents work?

Today is shower, walk, chiro, groceries, sewing, and cooking. I'll start my fifth LOTR block today. The one I worked on yesterday - I pieced the 6 sections and then was putting the sections together. The other blocks had all been 7-1/2". This one was just was coming out too big so I kept taking it apart and re-sewing it with bigger seams, but it was still way too big. Then I remembered - these block patterns were all designed by different people and are all different sizes! Doh!! And some of the block directions, like that one, don't give a finished (or unfinished!) size! And there's no picture of finished blocks either. I had to snap pix of each block with my phone off the computer screen. As if paper piecing weren't confusing enough!! I dream about sewing this quilt at night. I have to keep reminding myself how much I love Drew. 💖

I will shut down the sewing room early today. We are having company for supper and someone needs to cook and no one wants it to be Bill. Sherried artichoke chicken over bow tie pasta and a nectarine pecan salad is on our menu.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

mary Z
>^+^<

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:59 am

Morning
Slept 11 hrs last night. Monday into Tuesday was up all night with Sweet as she passed. Then had to run for parts for tractor, then babysit....
Today babysit again, and putter around house.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:59 am

Good morning!

Cloudy around here. We are getting the remnants of the other hurricane. The one off the Gulf of California. It made land and is no longer a hurricane, just dumping rain, heading towards me.

Michael has been fussing over the horses in the field behind me. He was worried one was stuck in the wire fence this morning. He got out the binoculars to see and still couldn't tell. So I moved and looked, with just my eyeballs. Nope not stuck, they are fine. Their owner is lousy at taking care of those 3 horses, so we keep a watchful eye on them. One of the members of the Ward is a equine vet and we keep the county animal control number handy as well.

Sarah is having a ball with her new machine. Called me last night to see if I knew what this little cover on the bobbin did, she learned and it is a magnifier to see the needle eye. Mine has it too. Who knew! LOL! The shop where she purchased the machine gave her a YouTube site to learn how to do everything this machine does. It has videos for mine too. Now maybe I can find the video that shows which button will turn on so my machine will clean the Batt Cave after itself! LOL! It has to be there somewhere.

So, I will be an old sew n sew in my Batt Cave. Sewing and answering Sarah's phone calls, Mom did you know your machine will do this or that? Fun!

Flo - sorry about your loss of your little furry friend.

Time to feed breakfast around here.

Stay Safe,
Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:11 am

Good morning everyone.
Flo, my deepest sympathy to you in your loss of Sweet. So sad for you.
Suzette, I hate when a lost gets lost! Hope you will try once more.
Judi, great that you had technology to see the game. Sounds great to have basement coming along, too,as you relax. Keep on enjoying your vacation!
Maryz: what a big headache you have with LOTR quilt! I know I would not have patience for it.
Katy: sorry about Hernia. Hope all gets taken care of so you can feel so much better. Never cared for the Muumuu dresses. It would be a great "after shower" thing. Or nice to just be comfortable in while watching TV. Did you decide you colors?
I am now getting excited for SS. MaryQ: cute little poem. You have been such a super hostess. I know Tina will do great as she follows your path. Good Luck to you both.
Mary, just to be safe, I am texting you my new address.
Time for more coffee.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:46 am

Good Morning Girls

Just a quick note this morning as I need to jump in the shower soon and get ready to get out of the house today. I'm picking up a new quilting friend I met on Facebook, that lives right near me (I know, small world!) and we are going to go to the fabric warehouse and then out to lunch. I don't NEED a lot there, but some backing pieces and well, I'll let you know what else falls in my cart when I'm not looking!

But I do have to stop by and give my daily NUDGE to all of you thinking about joining Secret Santa. The Official post is UP as well as a new 2021 HINTS topic. SO please be sure to check it out.

Tomorrow I am taking Bren and Evie down to Tom and Viv's. Shawn has to work Friday and Kris needs to be at the barn with her horse on Friday, so I'm taking them down a day early. I'll stay the weekend (maybe come home on sunday) I'm kind of curious to check out Viv's 29 tote boxes of fabric... help her sort it a bit maybe. If the weather is nice I'm sure we'll be taking the pontoon boat out on the river and Bren will do some fishing. I'll be checking in as best I can to keep the SS Topic up to date. Don't forget.. you can PM me with questions too.

Better run.

Wishing you all a Wonderful Wednesday!

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:12 am

Good morning All

I guess I need to explain My hernia is under my ribs . My mother had one on other side. Basically under my diaphram .
Yes Velda I have decided on ruffle. Going with material about 6 inches then blue 3 inches then pink 2 inches I will try to do same on sleeve. I only wear them around house . Never out in public. LOL When I was in Hawaii I wore them everywhere.
Maryq I have no Idea what I want LOL But I am giving it a lot of thought.
Flo Sorry to here about Sweet passing.
Maryz You are not lazy, I am obsessed . Used to wash all of them down twice a year. At least do not have to wash living room down. When x had them build on They put up rough plaster. LOL I got bathroom done this morning Will do my bedroom over weekend. That leaves sewing room Which I could use a lot of help. You will be paid in fabric. and my living room windows.
I intend to sew well at least get the ruffles and sleeves cut out. I may try to get someone to post picture when I have it completed. You will get a hoot out of this one. Shake rattle and roll those bones.
The guild for Christmas contest is doing a ugly sweater contest I need to find a cheap white sweater going to put a xmas stocking on it . You say nothing ugly about that just wait and see .LOL
I received my new vacuum yesterday. All I can say it picks up great and does not hurt my back to run.
Well thats all the news I have right now. However I am going to sit and consider my options for Secret Santa hints.
O you all need to look at this months lotto. Great scrap buster.

You all have a great sewing day
Katy

Return to “Sew ins”