Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, September 1st

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Wednesday, September 1st

Post by womster » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:35 am

Good morning!

Suzette – how fun – a John Deere quilt. Have a lovely snooze.

Lois – oh I bet those gnome potholders are darling!

Judi – yippee – drywall is going up! That is so cool that you got to watch Liam’s game. I love your fog analogy. Coney dogs sound really good – I think I will put that on next week’s menu.

Lyn – have a great day.

Maryz – ours has two old people days: Tuesdays and Thursdays. It was Monday-Friday up until the end of July. I’m so grateful they kept two days. The last three weeks we’ve had to go on Mondays and it was AWFUL! Chock full of people and screaming kids. Yes, there’s always a treasure or two that hops into my basket. Plus, DH splurges on lunch: $3.77. Oh my gosh – that first block sounded like quite the nightmare. I had to LOL who's cooking for dinner. Man that sounds really good.

Flo – hugs to you.

Jana – how clever to have a magnifier! And that is very forward-thinking of the shop to have YouTube videos.

Vel – enjoy your day. Are you still assembling?

Maryq – your weekend sounds fabulous.

Katy – I hope we can get to see a picture of your muumuu. And your ugly sweater! Glad you found a vacuum that works for your back.

I am headed to Walmart after posting. Haven’t been in six weeks and need to restock a bunch of stuff. Had to water everything - it doesn't look like we're going to get much rain out of Jana's storm headed our way. Then I’m off to the SSSS to cut out blocks. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:18 pm

Good barely morning, boy has this morning flown by.

We went to Costco this morning. Spend $100 in P&G products get a $25 rebate. And we bought hamburger. Jerry will freeze it in zip lock bags and we will be good for a while. Tonight is taco Tuesday so hamburger was much needed.

Suzette, I love the panel blast pattern, it will be a cool quilt.

Lois, I saw your gnome pot holders, they are just adorable. I want to see your purple highlights.

Judi, I love your fog story. When Richard was little he was afraid of witches. I got some Wizard spray and we would spray it every night. The W on the Wizard (air freshener) spray meant "Witch be gone". Yay for sheetrock, gotta love that son of yours. We bought hot dogs at Costco, I think I will have Jerry make chili this weekend and we will have chili cheese dogs with the parents this weekend. Thanks for the idea.

Lyn, hope your day is wonderful as well.

Maryz, if anyone can conquer that LOTR quilt it's you. Can you put a border around the blocks that are too small to make them all the same size? A LOTR coloring book should be helpful. Yep, I am the official pre and post school boy taker carer of. I get them breakfast ( cereal) in the morning and off to school. I pick them up in the afternoon and fix them something to eat and we do homework. Today we will also pick up toys before watching tv. Their mom is glad I am not as easy as their previous baby sitter or their grandma. I don't let them get away with as much. I told their mom that my reasoning is, these boys will be around me for the rest of my life. they need to know their limits.

Flo, sorry about Sweet. Eleven hours is a great sleep, you must have really needed it.

Jana, between the smoke and the hurricane you are in the thick of it. Love that the girls were playing church. stairs are great church pews. too cute.

Velda, I am also excited for SS, can't wait to see who my elf is. How's that house coming along? I'm curious about the purple shampoo. When you use it does it last? I might want to try it but would want it to wash out within a few normal washes. And I wouldn't want a bright purple, I would want something a bit more subtle. I hear you about put together furniture.

Maryq, I so wish I could see those 29 totes of fabric, you will have to take a picture. Happy sorting. Thank you for starting SS and for keeping it going the last 15 years. It really is a yearly treat.

Katy, I hope that hernia heals quickly. love your ugly sweater idea. Maybe the thrift store will have just what you are looking for. Perhaps some garland around the sleeves and neck? and some Christmas ornament earrings. Hope you post a picture, I'd love to see it.

Sharona, wish I had known you were going to WM. I need a few items. I will be going tomorrow incase you forgot something.

Well now it's afternoon. Hope you all have a blessed day
Chriss
Psalm 91

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:32 pm

Flo, so sorry about Sweet. Big hug.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”