Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday August 30th 2021

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday August 30th 2021

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:03 am

Good mornng,,,it is cool here,,,only going up to 70 no bugs...I slept like a rock and am enjoying the lake....we will head out after breakfast for a look at the waterfall here,,,it is back in the woods and beautiful,,,then we go to the hardware store (the only game in town ) to get a new coffee pot and ours went to the great coffee pot grave yard yesterday. We were saved by my sister being next door with hers working.
We were outside most of the day yesterday and we watched the other campers come in the place is full..
Hope your day and week are good,,,praying for those in Aphganistan and those in the path of the hurricaines. XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Re: Monday August 30th 2021

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:45 am

Morning Judi & all to follow
Judi, I have a corningware stove top pit for emergency coffee purposes, plus another Mr Coffee in motorhome...we take our coffee consumption seriously.
Week went to total chaos last week. Zero turn still not working, and Saturday tractor blew hydrolic line, so it's down too. After a lot of effort, Joe got tractor on trailer. If I can find someone to drive truck & trailer for me it will go to shop soon. If not end If week when Joe gets home. All we have working is push mower....and too hot for that. Joe said he will work in mower this weekend.
Have a great day
Flo

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:07 am

Good morning from Orlando gonna be 95 today already a balmy 80 on balcony with coffee
Waiting on kids to wake up dd up and fed we early risers they are not ๐Ÿ˜‚
Headed to beach for day we watched news to see where Ida hit and no effects on us here. Prayers for those affected ๐Ÿ™

Will check in when I can ๐Ÿฅฐ

Beach ๐Ÿ– bum otherwise ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hugs ๐Ÿค— prayers ๐Ÿ™ happy stitches ๐Ÿงต
๐Ÿizzy

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:15 am

Good morning everyone sunny here
Judi Glad you are enjoying your time away
Good to have your Sister nearby
Flo The yards will wait Sorry everything broke at one time Hope you can get them fixed
Kathy So glad you got to knitting Itvis hard when you stay home so long So happy you got to get out
Chris Your weekend must have been fun going to sales Glad you found some deals
Sherry I hope you get to have something special today Itโ€™s Breakfast out day isnโ€™t it
Velds That assembly is no fun especially when it doesnโ€™t fit
Sharona Glad your niece is doing good
Maryq The right place will come along at the right time Glad your DDIL is so nice
To all others have a wonderful day
I have to run a few errands pick up a med too
Want to go before the heat gets here
Have a great day everyone
Prayers for all our military and their families And for the people in the Hurricane & Afghanistan for safety
Becca
Izzy Enjoy your beach bum life & relax

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:28 am

Good morning,

JUDI - real bummer about the coffee pot. You could always make cowboy coffee in a pinch - put grounds in a saucepan of boiling water. Our friends carry a percolator, a drip maker, a Keurig, and a french press. And only he drinks coffee! But I guess they are ready for any disaster! Enjoy the waterfall! Hiking or driving? Hope the weather stays divine!

FLO - the gods of the grass really don't want you mowing their habitat, do they!

MARY Q - I've got my Christmas fabrics all sorted and ready to go!

LOIS - you got your stockings made in record time. Since they are only decoration, did you stitch them down or just fuse them?

IZZY - enjoy the sunshine! Will you be going to Disney World?

BECCA - Hope you get home from your errands before the heat and can relax today.

JANA - is the mopping done yet? You know how I hate mopping. I was exhausted after reading your posts the last few days! I love little girls in frilly dresses! I pet them when they come into Costco every holiday season. - Christmas and Easter. Speaking of that, I saw SOME Christmas stuff in Costco last week . . .

My grandson wants me to do a Lord of the Rings quilt, for him. Queen size because he recently bought a queen bed. ๐ŸŽญ๐Ÿงต I know there's a line of fabric and he even bought a yard of it a few years ago (though he forgot to bring it to me). But the patterns! I hunted on line and found paper piecing patterns for a lot of the symbols of the story. But to quote a very good friend on here - GOOD GRAVY MARIE! You should see those 7" block patterns with a gazillion tiny pieces to paper piece! I'm not very good at searching things out on the internet. I've been trying to find a pattern or a kit that has several blocks to it. Drew wants a large center scene of mountains, foothills, night sky, trees, with the round hobbit door, and the group of friends walking in a line across the crest of one of those hills. With blocks of the symbols surrounding the scene on all four sides. I may have met my match with this quilt. If anyone has any advice, hints, ideas, suggestions, spare LOTR quilt kits, or more, please, please send them my way! I think I can manage the center scene. Maybe. But I'd sure rather applique or piece all those blocks rather than paper piece. :? I guess you know what I'll be trying to do for the rest of my life now. :roll:

Happy today!
mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:52 am

Good morning!

Today is going to be a play day. The house is still straightened and I am "not in the mood" to do uglies. The "not in the mood" is a quote from my brother Tommy. Our mom would cook something that wasn't a favorite and that was Tommy's way of telling her, he was cooking something for himself other than that. He was all grown up, working, but still living at home for a time. So that phrase gets used quite often around here. So I will sew in the Batt Cave. Maybe a run to the grocery store. Milk supply is running low, as where y'all need coffee, here it's milk. Gotta have milk!

The little girls really love their new dresses. Yesterday, the two of them came into their parent's bedroom, all dressed, shoes, socks and new dresses, ready to go to church at 7 am! Aaron was at work already,, and Kate was still asleep. Church started at 11 am. Guess Grandma got that one right!

My other grands stopped out by here last night. Today will be the first in person day of high school for Andrew. Utah does their schools different. High school is only 10th, 11th, and 12th grades. I am so used to high school including 9th grade as well. Andrew is now in the 10th grade. My Baden has decided that he loves kindergarten. He rides the school bus, with Emma and Tanner in the morning, then comes home just before lunch on another bus without them. His mom meets him at the bus stop. Baden this summer was adamant about not going to kindergarten, at all, period, end of subject.

Stay safe!
Hugs and prayers,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:23 am

Good Morning Girls

Looks like it's going to be gorgeous day here! With a little luck we'll be able to make it through with windows open and no AC!

Judi.... Oh so hope the hardware has a nice new coffee pot for you!!! I don't suppose there is even a Starbucks close by to your campsite! I used to keep a small jar of instant (gag I know) on hand for emergencies. Do they even sell instant coffee any more?

Flo.... with all those yard tools and tractors broken... I guess you can stay in, keep cool and sew right?

Izzy... A day on the beach? Awesome? Did you bring a good book or two to read while you relax?

Becca..... Yes, I have been blessed with 2 great DIL's! Kris loves to cook, so that's a real bonus! :lol: The kids and I haven't talked much about the details of them buying my house, so I'm still not 100% sure that's what they want to do. Once Kris goes back to work, things could change. For the kids sake I think they would like to stay put here for a while.

Maryz... Google Lord of the Ring Fabric on Amazon! They have a bunch, but brace yourself.. a lot of it is $17.99/yd! Is Drew Providing the supplies for this quilt!? :lol: :lol: Sounds like you are waiting patiently for me to post Secret Santa... I promised myself I'd get it ready to go TODAY!! but I know I'm going to need more coffee for sure!

Jana. Got Milk? With teenagers in the house again... we sure go through a lot of milk. I kind of miss having a milkman now! Luckily Brennen can drive so we can always send him to the store. Here in MN different school districts do high school differently. In St. Michael, where I live, High School is 9-12th. so Bren and Evie will go to the same school. But as a rule we don't start until after Labor day. So the kids have this week has the last "vacation" week.

It's another "what trouble can I get into today" day here... I did finish up 4 log Cabin blocks yesterday and oh my goodness....if you don't El's LC ruler...get it! It's the best thing since sliced bread! My blocks actually came up to exactly 12.5" and that NEVER happens! ALMOST makes me want to make a whole log cabin quilt (notice I said "almost') :lol: :lol:

For now my coffee is cold and I really need to get started on Secret Santa post.... Am contemplating a theme and I have so many great ideas, I don't know where to start!

Wishing you all marvelous Monday

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:39 am

Good morning all

No housecleaning this morning. Went out and cut the heck out of front bushes, I think they are going to get replaced next spring with more hydranges. The hydranges do not need trimmed. All flowers in south bed got watered . I will clean my bedroom down tomorrow morning. The curtains need washed. Wash the walls and fan down. It will be good to go.
After talking to ladies I will go cut out rest of MuMu then sew on it. I had to order another yard of night of the dead material. Did not have enough for sleeves. This Mumu is different from my others adding a ruffle at bottom. This will be three colors. The name of fabric translates to The Party :lol: :lol:
Jana I had a kid like that He swore he was not going to school. He enjoyed kindergarten but really did not like school until Jr high.
Izzy Enjoy the beach I love beaches Especially the ones in Hawaii.
Maryq My Christmas fabric is within grabbing distance. And I have sorted out my rulers just in case .
Maryz I know kids expect miracles. I was always told its not that hard. My DD wanted a fancy pair of jeans I just could not afford . She said make them Itys not that hard. After working my fanny off everyone at school wanted a pair and kept asking where she got them. I even had one mother call me . Demanding to know where I had bought them. After I told her she said can you make my girl a pair. I said no but you can. Its not that Hard :lol: :lol: :lol:
Judi I could not live without my coffee. I used to have an extra pot. I may get one just in case.

Good news my sister should be back home in next couple of weeks. Of course we can see her for a couple of months. But the darn cancer is gone.

Well I need to go dance with the bones LOL

You all have a great sewing day and enjoy
Katy

Maryq I told you that ruler rocks. And I am like you I want to do a log cabin quilt in purple . Maybe.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:52 am

El's log cabin ruler is tops! I used it in making her Fabulous Forty book quilt. I did all the log cabin blocks first, and then the other blocks as she did her webinar. I didn't like the other blocks with the log cabin, so punted those blocks and added a few more log cabin blocks and turned all of them into a queen size quilt that is on my new bed in my bedroom. The extra blocks that I didn't like are the pillow shams.

You can do a log cabin with that ruler!

Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:19 am

Mary Z I fused them then stitched them down.

Lois

Return to โ€œSew insโ€