Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday August 30th 2021

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Monday August 30th 2021

Post by womster » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:01 am

Good morning!!!!

Regular sleep still eludes - but I persevere. I am leaving in a few minutes to go with DH - he wants to hit our favorite Chinese restaurant, and it is right next door to his haircut place. We haven't had restaurant chinese food in years! Then, while he gets his hairs cut, I will run over to Hobby Lobby. Yippy skippy. Wish I had time to visit. I had to clean out the kitchen freezer before the trash came, and I decided to do a deep clean on it so now I am out of time. Have a glorious day, my fabulous quilting peeps! xoxo Sharona

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:37 am

Hope everyone has a good week.

My DSIL and I thought we had found a jackpot. Craigslist had a listing for 4 featherweight machines being sold at an antique/flea market store. The hour drive was worth it, but not for the machines. The lady was selling her MIL's stuff. MIL passed away last winter. The lady didn't have the attachments with the machines, so not worth her asking price. We did find a couple patterns and I bought a bag of batiks for a very good price.

I agree that there have been very good vaccines. It took about 45 years to develop polio, 46 years for measles and only 12 years for influenza vaccine to be developed, tested and considered safe for humans. I know we can, maybe, do things faster these days....but 6 months is my concern. I'm sorry if my earlier comments upset or angered anyone. I will not make any more comments and stay off all the soap boxes.

We lost another friend yesterday. Jim had pancreatic cancer. 2 friends in one week. :cry:

Sending prayers for those who are traveling, those who have health problems and for God to just keep an eye on the rest.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:16 pm

Good evening, what a great day today was.

Monday is a short day for the boys, they get out of school early. They ate and did their homework without complaining. It seems I am no longer mean and they aren't trying to pull a fast one on me.

Yesterday when I had gone to a yard sale I found some rubber snakes and lizards. I put them on the walkway to their front door ( they weren't home) so when they came home they found these things and their mom said they had fun scaring their grandma with the snake.

Judi, so glad you are having a restful camping trip. I think retirement is a great move for me too.

Flo, we are a two coffee pot family. I only drink a cup, sometimes two. and Jerry drinks coffee all day long.

Izzy, happy beach playing.

Becca, hope those errands were quick and easy.

Maryz, Lord of the Rings? Not even what I thought about when you said he wanted a special quilt but if anyone can do it you surely can. I bet Pinterest will have a zillion ideas

Jana, milk is a necessity for sure. kids sure love it. glad the dresses were a hit.

Maryq, I sure wish our schools started after Labor Day. Labor Day weekend is our fair. Kids usually start school the week before, then have the long weekend, then go back to school the FFA and 4-H kids had it the worst because they had to get animals ready for the fair. I have the log cabin ruler and since you said so I am going to make a block.

Katy, what a huge blessing for your sister, she along with your family can now exhale. I'm very happy for her. I bought a MUMU at a yard sale but haven't worn it yet. it's perfect for weekends, I just forget to put it on. Love your jeans story, sounds like you are a seamstress in addition to being a quilter.

Sharona, what did you find at hobby lobby. how was the Chinese food?

Lyn, wish that those featherweights had been a bargain. So thoughtful of DSIL to find them for you.

Velda, Didn't see you today, are you still unpacking those boxes ? I bet you are all done by the end of the week. so glad you are loving all of your furniture and things, what fun to be you.

I am off to look at the swap section. I'm hoping that Miss Mary Q has posted the SS swap. Sure hope I am right.

Tomorrow is a new day, hope you have the greatest time ever.
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”