Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday August 28th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Saturday August 28th

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:24 am

Good morning last thing ti take out is the computer, and toothbrush,,,we will hit the road in about an hour or so...hope you all have a great day,,,,stay in and stay cool if you are in the midwest heat advisery all over,,,prayers and good thoughts,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Becca

Re: Saturday August 28th

Post by Becca » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:52 am

Good morning everyone sun isn’t up yet
Judi Safe travels to you & Ken
Izzy Safe travels to you & your family Glad you have been able to cut back on meds
Chris Enjoy your yard sales What fun you are having with your boys
Lois I know it’s your party day Have fun Sure your salads are good
Sherry I guess you & I can have a laid back exciting day lol If I need a laugh I think of your post I am so on the box with you Make room because I am sure there’s plenty more to
It’s laundry day today Our DGS FaceTimes every Saturday morning We look forward to it
Everyone have a great day
Prayers for those in Afghanistan & in path of Hurricane in Louisiana & all others in need
Those here in WNC & TN that lost homes & loved ones in Flood So much devastation
Happy Saturday. Becca

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:27 am

Good Cooler Cloudy Morning............

I know all of our hearts are heavy with the loss of our servicemen. I'm at a loss for words except for Prayers.

Yesterday I made my first trip to the store....Walmart. All went well. I've been in the house so long I think I was getting a little agoraphobic. I bought myself a O'ceder spin mop. The fold over mop just get water all over the place.

Wed the repair woman fixed my washer. LOL...I did something to it she's never seen before. Boy, I'm I special.

Today I'm waiting for my food delivery, it will be my last. I think.

Also went to knitting Wed was so good to be bask. The group is getting a little small, so they were happy to have me.

Just received my delivery call.............Love & Prayers

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:53 am

Good morning,

JUDI - I'm waving to you!! Have a terrific, wonderful, relaxing time! Come home refreshed!

BECCA - I think we're going to need a bigger soapbox! Have a good day.

CHRISS - boric acid powder will kill ants and prevent them from coming back. It's the active ingredient in Flea Busters, so it kills fleas as well, but it's harmless to people and pets. And it's cheap and available in farm and garden stores. We use it on ant hills and when we had them in the house, we put a thin line of it along base of walls and or where ever they gather. When we recarpeted, we sprinkled it under the new carpet. We've never had ants or fleas since.

SHARONA - such good news about your niece! Sounds like the surgery was a great success. Is she in the Denver area? Maybe that's the doc my sis needs to go to. (though, since her visit here her back seems to be quite a bit better. :D )

KATHY - so glad to have you back among the shopping & the knitting! You really startled me for a few seconds there when you said this was your last food delivery. :o Then I figured - hoped - you meant that you would do your own food shopping from now on. You did mean that, didn't you???

MARY Q - glad you got some rain!! We did, too! One one hundredth of an inch! But it was misty enough I had to turn on the wipers for part of my 2 mile drive to the dr's office yesterday. Which quilt came back quilted?

SHERRY - my heart breaks for all the families of our fallen military, too. I'm so grateful to your son for what he's done for our nation, but I'm so glad he's out of there now! I feel like we're rudderless.

VELDA - how goes the great furniture build?

JANA - I found my Christmas Ribbons quilt! I did make it! It's a beautiful, irresistable pattern. Will it be for you? Or Sarah? Or me so I'll have a matched pair? :D :D

I finished my Spell Dancer yesterday and Bill SAID he will load it this morning. Usually, after loading a quilt he claims exhaustion, takes a nap, then calls happy hour. And tomorrow he's going shooting with our grandson. So, hopefully, he'll start actually quilting it on Monday. That's OK. October is still a month away. But I feel like the old Mervyn's add, "Open, open, open" only instead I'm quietly chanting, "Quilt it, quilt it, quilt it." But I'm staying patient. If I try to hurry him, he'll slow down even more.

I got my labs drawn for my physical next Thursday. Then we went to Costco and to CVS pharmacy for our flu shots. It was a busy day here. CVS says they'll be giving out Covid boosters, too, when they are OK'd and we will get in line for those, too. Today will be uglies and finally, baking. I'm looking at the little stockings in the Better Not Pout Heart to Art book that Lois did and Jana is working on. They are so temptingly cute . . . But my grandson is bringing me sketches tomorrow of a quilt he wants. So I better not get too deep into another project just yet . . . . But maybe just one . . ;)

Piece!
Mary z

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:04 am

Good morning everyone
My raw edge appliqué wall hanging is done. I posted a picture on Facebook yesterday. I have trouble posting them here because I use my iPhone and iPad to take pictures. I am starting on a John Deere quilt for hubby. It uses a panel and the panel we got is printed and cut crooked. So, I have to sit and figure out what to do. I think I have got it figured out. Cross your fingers for me. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:32 am

Good Morning All

Good news is I do not have Lymes disease or a cracked rib. They did find a small hernia. Dr did not seem too worried about it. The bad news is I probably will have to see an arthritic doctor. O well.
On another front here in Illinois we will all be back in mask inside buildings. Dang I wish this crap would just disappear.
I bought a new shark sweeper. Light weight. My old sweeper is too heavy for me to run everyday. And with my critters my house really does need swept at least every other day.
On my quilting front. I really appreciate your hints on borders however what I guess I forgot to tell you was this was a stash quilt and mostly half to quarter yd. pieces were used. So not any of most left. So I am going to break my rule and go shopping . LOL I have a light green and a dark green and a very light pink.
I dont know if i really like them. I liked the idea about a ribbon border I have done one before and are beautiful.
On garden fronts going to really clean out flower gardens as soon as it cools down.
On house cleaning front going to clean either bathroom or my bedroom this coming week.
Thank you Maryz on flea and ant info I do not have fleas but this year ants are driving me crazy. They love hummingbird food too. We will also be getting our flu shots next week.
Judi have a great time.
Kathy You definetly do not want to be afraid to go out. I love my mop like that.
Maryq We got over 1.5 inches of rain in two days. I was thrilled . Did not have to water flowers. Hummingbirds are driving me crazy . Over a gal. of food a day.
Well as usual Boo needs out. TTyl
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

ps Did you all see the playing cards on sale. quilt playing cards. Harriets Journey I just bought the quilt book.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:02 am

Good morning !

Chilly morning here, in the upper 50's. Mornings around here are getting to be sweater weather.

Mopping must has been in the air. Yesterday I started mopping the railroad area in the basement. Michel swept and cleared out all the ceiling construction debris, but there was a fine dust still on the floor. So out came the Swiffer Wet Jet mop. Just the right tool for the job. When the mopping pads got caked with all the gunk, poof to the trash! I still have much more to do down there, so will spend part of my time doing that. Then sewing more mini stockings. I have one started that has packages stacked and I am not pleased with my choices of fabrics, so will re-trace the fusible and try again. Nothing was fused yet, so it won't be hard. The packages are about 2 inches square, so not much to pitch either.

Ethan did quite a bit catching up after school yesterday. He gets out early on Fridays , so spent that time on unfinished homework.

The other day, I ordered new shoes and dresses for Gracie and Lila. The PO delivered them to our community mailbox, and left the key in our smaller box so we could get the bigger packages. Michael opened the box, nothing in the box! Once the key opens the box, only the mailman can remove it. So I placed a claim of missing packages, what a pain that was! Then finally got the right number, local, for my PO. The mailman put the wrong key in our box and fixed the problem the next day. I finally have all the packages. The dresses are darling and the shoes are sparkly glitter, just what those two girls are. The shoes were especially needed for the other grandmother 's wedding.

So not much else here. My Batt Cave island has Christmas fabric all over! Glad the space is huge!

Safe journeys,
Hugs,
Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:12 am

Good morning Everyone,

Well soon will be getting ready to go to Billy's house everything is done here.
Jana I made all those mini stocking a couple of months back they were fun a few family asked me if they can buy a few so when I'm done playing with my other patterns then I will go back to that book they have alot of nice things in there.

Judi and Izzy have alot of fun and safe travels.

Well I have to close and get ready we want to try and leave a little early to beat the rain.
Everyone have a great day prayers go out to everyone.
Lois

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:19 am

Good Day Everyone.

In-laws will be over this afternoon, so I will do a little cleaning first.
I've been cutting flannel into 12 1/2" squares for a rag quilt for girl next door. She has helped with some cutting and I'll teach her some sewing.
Enlarge the soap box! I didn't vote the mess in, but it's quickly destroying our country. But, hey, there's no nasty tweets. I know I'm probably in the minority here on the vaccine thing, but don't any of you find it odd that Fauci's wife is the head person for the NIH Bio Ethics that tells the FDA to approve a drug? There's more than one fox in the hen house. We will stick with our Dr's recommendations on vitamins and supplements and NO shots. We've met some people at the Dr office who are being treated for side effects from vaccine. No, they were not patients before the vaccine or they would have known the Dr's warning. As for Afghanistan, sounding like a repeat of Vietnam. I can't listen, it makes me angry, so I pray instead.
Safe travels Izzy and Judi. Hope you have a relaxing time.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:13 pm

Good evening ladies, hope your Saturday was wonderful. I had quite a bit of fun.

Friday night my parents took us to the Elks for dinner, it was great and I blew my diet to the tune of about 3 pounds. The gain will be a loss by the end of the week.

The Elks has this cake. I've made it before. It is so good. You make a basic chocolate sheet cake from a mix. While it's still warm add a can of condensed milk and a jar of caramel ice cream topping. Mix it up by destroying the cake and then patting it down in the cake pan. Top with cool whip. and oh my gosh, it's an amazing cake.

Three of us went to yard sales. One was really good, I found some milk glass plates, a dog treat canister and a some rubber bugs and snakes and gecko's for the boys next door. The boys weren't home so I put them along the walkway to their front door and sent their mom a picture. I think they will be excited when they see them. I spent $5

Then one of the girls and I went to town, Target, Costco, etc. it was a full day.

Kathy, you had a very busy Friday, glad you ventured out. I'm really impressed with how far you've come. And you are so correct, you are special.

Maryz, we also used to use boric powder for ants. We called it powdering their butts. We now have a pest control service who sprays their butts. Since using them we have thankfully had no issues with bugs. Did you get to see DGS's drawing yet? So curious to see what he drew.

Hope you all have a good night, I will see you in the morning.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”