Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday August 26th 2021

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Thursday August 26th 2021

Post by maryq » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:44 am

Good Morning Girls

Heard a few rain drops this morning when I was awake at 0400! Could that be a good sign that more is on the way? Crossing fingers. At least it's supposed to be much cooler today and I'll be able to open up windows!

Judi... Sounds like you are ready to roll ! Does Ken have his knee surgery when you get back? Is his new job something he can do from home? I'm guessing that will cut into "basement remodel" a little too. How is it working out with your LA upstairs? I agree Popsicle in the tub... Or maybe "Margarita in the tub"? :lol: :lol:

Becca... Haven't seen a PM from you, but I'll watch for it. So glad to hear the the twins are doing well.
Don't you just love technology.... Face time is the best!

Izzy... If I dictated my posts too, I bet I'd have to correct a lot too! My Minnesota Norwegian accent might be unrecognizable and I don't think my phone would know how to auto-correct UFFDA--- a big MN word! Somewhere I have a book "How to Speak Minnesotan"

Lois.... Your Bill does uglies with you? Lucky gal! Love Granny Smith Apples.. they are nice and crisp.. to me, nothing worse than a mushy apple. One of my favorites is Haralsons, tho Honey Crisp are great, but expensive. It's almost time to make a trip to an apple orchard... am wanting to make a batch of crock pot applesauce!

Maryz.... Brennen is just working with a friend of Shawn's for now.. He's doing grunt work like sanding wood, taping etc for painting prep. He has two job applications stuck on the fridge--one at Cabela's (A dream job) and one at the local Hardware store. I think once he gets his school schedule and figures out what he wants to do at school he'll apply somewhere. How cool that Drew will bring you a quilt design!!! Zucchini bread? Oh I'll be right there! About the only way I'd eat it! Or cake with cream cheese frosting,

Chriss.. How far is the walk to school? Sounds like you will be able to get your walks in, in a fun way... chatting with the boys on the way. Maybe they can teach you some Spanish?

Jana... Gosh I can't remember the last time I made meat loaf! I just might have to put that on the list of things I know how to make for supper. I know Shawn will eat it.. .as long as I don't put onions in it! :lol: :lol:

Flo.... Glad you are feeling better.... keep drinking that water!

Sherry... I don't watch TV news much.. though I should.. but I did see on line this morning that there was a huge explosion at the Kabul airport. We'll all need to double up on prayers for the people trapped in that mess... and those injured or killed...

Guess it's time for more coffee.. then I need my shower so I can run into town for a few groceries. Make a Sam's run for the big stuff... Now I need the small stuff. The kids only like creamy peanut butter but I need chunky! :lol: :lol:

Wishing you all a wonderful Thursday

womster

Re: Thursday August 26th 2021

Post by womster » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:26 pm

Good evening!

I had to work today and then DS1 was having some health issues so it's been a day. I will be here bright and early tomorrow! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”