Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

THURSDAY, August 5th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

THURSDAY, August 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:39 am

Good morning,

JANA - you are having way too much fun with your robot vac! Bill and Al have been in a vehicle washing frenzy here. So far they've done their fifth-wheel and pick-up and our car. Today is our pick-up. And only with certain products. Bill won't use car washes. He says the soaps they use ruin the paint, plus last time we went through a car wash was years ago in Yuma, it ripped off our antenna and beat the truck up with it. So we hand wash our vehicles.

KATHY - I'm sorry you are still hurting, but you've come so far from where you started. Nice to have a knitting buddy come for tea. Will be good to catch up on everyone and everything. Have you been doing any knitting? I'm so sorry about your sister.

SHARONA - you are having a lot of fun with those kids! I've never been to Pike's Peak, only seen it from a distance. And you got in a little sewing time! Yay for that! It's hard to do when you have company.

IZZY - I Googled Taos quilt and the one that popped up is GORGEOUS! Is it the pattern by Chris Hoover? (she asked, trying to sound knowledgeable). If so, did you do it in those colors or "go rogue"?

My Sis and DBIL are still here. She isn't doing very well, health-wise. Can hardly walk upright because of her back. She had MRI before leaving on this trip and was supposed to get a shot in her back but her doc was on vacation. So she decided to make the trip anyway. I don't think she should have. Last night she went to bed at 6:30 pm - 1 hour after getting up from sleeping all afternoon. She is really hurting.
Consequently, I've had more time in my sewing room than I should have, so I made good use of it. Got my Sew-along blocks together but will work on a piano key border now to use up the scraps left from the blocks. I need shoes and Tina and I were going to go shoe shopping one day, (the shoe store is only 3 miles away), but we have a 3pm date today for early dinner with two other couples. I'm afraid she can't do both, so shoes can wait another day or I'll go by myself on the weekend when they go to Renton to visit their son. I need to get "Pinky" packaged up and mailed off to Autumn, hopefully today.

Still 10 days to sign up for Halloween swap. 7 slots left.

Wishing full bobbins for all!
mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Re: THURSDAY, August 5th

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:14 am

Goodmorning I has 2 posts ready to send and both of thm went poof...
Not much going on here,,,I will do a few uglies and sew on the scrappy 9 patch quilt...Im not sure how big it will be and i dont have a pattern I only have a photo I snapped in a quilt shop down in FLorida ( right under a sign that said " No photos please") It was folded up but I loved the colors and the lay out...so I will have to make it up as I go. ( I didnt see the sign till after I took the shot) apparently they sold the pattern but there werent any left. To mitigate my guilt I did buy fabric from them.
We found out yesterday that the grand daughter Cheyene has never been to the zoo ever....So we made plans to go to the Toledo Ohio zoo on saturday. It is about and hour from our house..Sophia, Chey, Chey's dad , Gramp and I will go...it should be fun, (hoping i can do the walking) We will count how many times she says the word "cute" in a high pitched voice. We took our dd there when she was about 7 or 8...she loved animals too..
Well I need another cuppa...Mary sorry your sister is feeling so bad,,,We all under stand a bad back and how disabling it can be,,,(motrin is my best friend on those days ),,hope she has some good days so you can do fun things with her.
Chrissy1 was sent home with orders and tests to be done,,,she seems to be doing well...As we all age I guess our prayer cards will fill more and more...hope your day a eventful in a good way XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:21 am

Good morning Mary and all who follow.
I try to get here and read most days so I'm not totally out of the loop.
Mary, sorry your sister isn't feeling so good, I sure hope her dr can help her when she gets back home. Pain can be so exhausting!
Kathy, I hope your knitting friend will help you through your loneliness.
I've been watching the boys this week. Easton has a tummy bug and Preston isn't used to going to school yet and not scared without brother so he's been coming here for a couple of days.
Jana, I love my little robot vacuum, it really helps me out!
Judi, oops on the pic but that's good you bought some fabric to make up for it. 😊 I hope you post a pic when you're finished, I'd like to see it. Fun trip to the zoo with a first timer! I love zoo's!
Tina

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:29 am

Good morning to all.
My DS and DDIL should be here around 9 tonight. Hope the mess at Myrtle Beach airport has been straightened out. Spirit airline cancelled most of there flights yesterday and the day before "due to weather and technical issues" for the problems. 3 or 4 major airlines have added this airport for new flights and the airport can not handle the amount of people coming or going so everything is one big mess. Hopefully nothing stops or delays my son from getting in on time.
Joe and Fran are coming for the 1st birthday for their granddaughter--my great grand. YAHOO!!!!
Friday we will walk through their new home, windows and sheet rock on done. Closing supposed to be end of Oct.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Diane

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:38 am

A quick drive by as I'm sipping some coffee before I head to the shower. DH gets to sleep in today as he has no appointments, but I have PT this morning. Neighbor got his 5th wheel all fixed up in time for pictures to be presented to the court yesterday, but never got to show them. Future EX came up with new allegations and they have assigned a guardian lawyer for the child now. Sept 2nd court date.

MaryZ, I will have a better idea as to how long we are here after our doctor's appt tomorrow.

Blessings to all.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:00 am

Good morning!

Yesterday was a very productive day. The ceiling is totally done and now to pick up and put away the all the extra pieces. I sewed on my quilt. Took and made the four color piles, each with 80 blocks , then started the main block assembly. I sewed 40 blocks together and will do the other 40 today. It is a queen size quilt. I have a silly habit of counting the pieces in a block, then the total amount of pieces in the quilt. So, each color, there are 4 different colors, each has 4 pieces and there are 80 blocks for each color, 320 x 4 equals 1280 pieces parts! LOL! Not counting the borders. Silly keeps life interesting!

We are windy and smoke is being carried in from the western fires. Otherwise a beautiful day here in the mountain west.

Enjoy the wonderful summer day,

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:02 am

Good Morning girls

Just a quick Hello and Goodbye....

Leaving on a jet plane this morning to Butte, Montana and points near by. Will be a quick trip, as I'll be home early early Tuesday am (like 12:30am! ugh) I now have a personal live in airport shuttle---Kris will take me to the airport and probably pick me up when I get in.

I'll try to at least peek in over the weekend... but not going to take my Ipad this trip... one less thing to carry..

In the meantime, y'all behave and if you need some fabric, Shawn will gladly share from the stash in my garage!

Return to “Sew ins”