Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, August 2nd

Daily discussions.
velvet

Re: Monday, August 2nd

Post by velvet » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:34 am

Maryz The pattern MAZE is from Laundry Basket quilts. Daryl from Andover fabrics has sent me packages of fabric for QOV and now is adding fabric for the women in the PTSD units (soft and pastels) The women when they are finished in the unit (I think 10 women for 8 week program) they are released from service
Daryl is a friend of my daughters (group for knitting and crocheters on the computer) for years and when talking about family my QOV top making was told. She is a wonderful supporter for us. MAZE kit, I hope will be a fund raiser for QOV.

QOV tries to ease some of the harsh memories when vets were send home to be spit at and called murderers by friends and neighbors. Most don't talk about their time in the jungles-some deny it completely. Sorry for the soap box Please if you see a vet (usually on their hats) PLEASE thank them for their service, it may brighten up their day as well as yours.

Diane

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:55 am

Good morning girlies. When we would go see my great grandma she would say There's my girlie.

When I turn on my lap top each morning I get a news feed. I wish I could figure out how to have the news skip the royal family, sports, and all things Hollywood.

I finally got started on my Christmas blocks yesterday after saying I needed to get on it for weeks. And today the plan is more Christmas blocks, and catch up on my HICAP reading so I can attend training tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Teresa, I have wondered about those cooling sheets. when we had a swamp cooler Jerry used to put a block of ice in it. the ice would cool the water that ran through the cooler, it either helped or we thought it helped. Glad your health is improving, and I like your outlook, there is always a bright side, glad you found yours.

Lois, I was going to do a load of clothes today but opted out. I bought some shirts at a sale over the weekend and don't think I have enough hangers to hang them up. I like those hangers that have a sort of velvet so the clothes don't fall off. Guess I need to shop Amazon to buy more. I bought the ones with clips so I could hang pants, I love them.

Judi, what a fun summer the girls are having. Sorry you need to head to the quilt shop. Funny, with all the fabric we have we still need that one color that seems to not be in our stash.

Lyn, You are so sweet to help your neighbor, hope the court finds in his favor. His ex must really have her feelings hurt to not want him to be a part of the child's life. Sad when people put their own issues ahead of their kids needs. Have him put a bowl of fruit out so it will be seen in his pictures. When we were adopting Marilyn and social workers came here there was one that really liked that we had apples and bananas in a bowl.

Diane, I googled Maze from Laundry Basket Quilts. So not what I thought it was going to be but it is really beautiful. It's going to be a lovely quilt. I=

Flo, are you doing a reno on the motor home?

Jana, enjoy that rain. sure wish we could run a trench from your house to mine so I could have some of that water. Happy Robo vac shopping, I don't need anything from Costco so won't hand you my list.

Maryz, I'm out of the loop. Where is Autumn moving to? Hope she sells quickly and for more than the asking price. Sorry your boondockers canceled. I was wanting to hear how it went. I have heard of couch surfing, same idea but instead of a camping spot they offer a bed. I am excited about the things in my path. The estate sale "job" will be short lived and fun. The library will just be every so often. If I get the job I applied for I plan to work until I am really ready to retire. We will see, I prayed about it so if God wants me to have it it will be offered to me.

Velda, it's like we are twins :lol: :lol: I also have a life sort of up in the air and am waiting to see what happens. And I am a list maker too. It will be a blessing when we both have this next step settled.

Kathy, So so glad you are healed up from your surgeries. If there ever was a medical success story you are it. Sorry the mom of the onsie quilt died, what a treasure it will be when it arrives in the mail for the dad and son, glad you found them. what are you making in redwork? stay warm, sure wish I could send you about 30 degrees.

I guess my day needs to begin, you all have a super day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:45 pm

I posted a picture of my quick project. I saw it when our Katy shared it on Facebook. She always finds the neatest things.
Just had to try this one right away as a gift for a friend. Check it out.
I also shared the link.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”