Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, August 1st

Daily discussions.
womster

Sunday, August 1st

Post by womster » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:53 am

Good morning!

We are headed out to DIA to pick up the Ohio 3. Have a glorious day, everyone! xoxo Sharona

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday, August 1st

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:10 am

Good morning Sharona,

Yesterday was a good day I went back to weight watchers then came home and worked on my swap blocks.

Today we went out to perkins for breakfast and got a surprise mask are required and they took your temp also only 1 bathroom open and you have to ask 1 of the employees to use it also plastic utensils to eat with so we are back to this again.

Sharona have a good trip..
Today I will be working on my blocks Everyone have a great day.
Mary good luck on the boondocks.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:20 am

Good morning everyone.
I finished the quilt I was working on for hubby’s Aunt and we mailed it. It is the last package we will be mailing by UPS. Our store closed. So we only have the post office. Today I will continue working on quilting of my next project. We just had a whopper of a storm about an hour ago. We may get more today so we will see. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:25 am

Good morning everyone. Lois, wow, haven't been to a Perkins in years! Always liked that restaurant. Sorry to hear your area has to take a step backwards because of the Delta Varient. Wish more vaccines were welcomed. I don't think it should be forced, but I do believe it is the right thing to do. I remember as a child that polio was spreading fast. Vaccines helped to practically rid us of it. As in other serious illnesses that we get vaccine for.
Off to church for us. Going to be a pretty nice day here.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:34 am

Good morning!

We got a whopper of a storm last night. You may have heard of a gulley washer, well, we got a window washer! The rain came so fast and hard, that it sheeted on my windows like you were in a car wash, you could not see out. Now my windows are very clean! Screens too! Only lasted a few minutes, so no flooding occurred.

My little town of Herriman is now known to the world! A swimmer competing in the Olympics won a silver medal, in a women's medally race yesterday.

Church is moved back to our different time starting today, so I will bet half the Ward will be late! LOL! We won't, we do the Ward bulletin and payed attention when we did the upcoming announcements.

Later after church, more trimming and squaring.

Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:50 am

Good morning,

SHARONA - You have it right - sort of. We have room on our property - a level cement pad with power and water accessible - that for an RV to park. It's where all our friends and family park when they visit. But it's free. We don't charge for it. And Boondockers is a group you join and no one but Boondocker members can see it on their website. It's nice because there is only one campground within a 40 mile radius and it is very expensive. This is a new adventure to us. Though our first camper cancelled because his present host is allowing him to stay an extra night where he's at now. And what's this silly news that you don't like to sleep with a cat?? Except for a 2-month period in 1971 when I was first married I've never in my life NOT slept with a cat! >^o^< have a wonderful visit with your Ohio 3! We'll see you when we see you!

JANA - your orange blocks must be pretty small! Nice to have found the ice cream maker. It will look nice displayed in Sarah's kitchen! Or does she plan to use it? Congratulations to your medalist! If you keep getting your gully/window washers, you won't have to pay anyone to come do the job for you! I wonder if we treated our windows with Rainex, if the rain would just slide off and not spot the windows . . .

VELDA - You are right!!

SUZETTE - It seems a lot of you are getting big storms. Hope no damage. sorry your UPS store closed. I sure ours doesn't close. That's where we get our mail delivered! So, what's the next quilt up?

CHRISS - well, an interesting turn of events - applying for the water district job. I will say a prayer that you get it - if you are meant to have it. Extra insurance and retirement is always a good thing! Did you make any stellar finds at the garage sales or were you just enjoying the browse? I'm not a chocolate cake person, but that cake you described sounds too tempting to resist! And no, we don't have to interact at all with our Boondockers. We can if we wish, even to the point of dinner together, but really, other than settling them in, they are on their own. And before we accept a Boondockers request to stay here we can see on the website what remarks other hosts have made about them. Additionally, they can see what remarks other campers have to say about prospective hosts, pix of the site, and any particulars like pets, smoking, Covid vaccinations, firepit, attractions in the area like Costco, Mt. Rainier, Bremerton, etc. Some hosts might charge a small fee. Power for a few days of A/C can get expensive after a while, but here, for 1 or 2 nights, generally without A/C being necessary, we aren't going to worry about that. Most sites are free. And it's not required for hosts to provide cement pad, power, or water. Just room to park an RV off the street and in a safe place. Each place is different.

LOIS - I think the entire country will soon be back to masks and restrictions.

JUDI - I know you'll be along any minute now. What's happening in your kid world today?

MARY Q - I guess I can ask you the same question!

Yesterday I spent the morning grunge cleaning the kitchen, main bath, and doing laundry. The afternoon was devoted to Halloween blocks. This morning, I'll finish cleaning the downstairs, but there's not really much to do. Then I'll work some more on my Halloween blocks. I am stitching down my ravens right now and each block takes me about 17 min. Two blocks is all I can do in one sitting before my neck and shoulders start to ache. I have a real love/hate relationship with applique. Piecing is much easier on my old bod!

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Mary z

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:15 am

Good Morning Girls

I've been MIA a few days, but it's wonderfully quiet here this morning, nothing going on and I woke up early so... here I am!

The kids went down to Tom and Viv's yesterday for the week. Shawn and Kris are still sleeping ( I think) and I'm enjoying a very nice cool morning ! In a little while I'm going to take my coffee out on the deck! Its so cool this morning I almost grabbed a pair of sweatpants!

Sharon.... Is it grand kids you are picking up from DIA.. What fun! How long will they be staying!?

Lois... You have Perkins in NJ too? LOVE Perkins.. my favorite is their Omlette with turkey and ham and cheese and Hollandaise sauce..... no way that would fit WW plan though :lol: :lol:

Velda.... Have you had anybody looking at your RV yet? It sure is pretty! Wish I knew somebody that was looking for one,

Jana.. Congratulations to your Herriman swimmer. A Minnesota Young woman won the gold in gymnastics... you might have see it... Suni Lee is her name. Man could we ever use a rain storm like that here!

Maryz... For a minute I though I beat you here! Went out to the garage to see what Shawn was doing (here I thought he was still sleeping... he's reorganizing the garage) Yes I was doing chores yesterday... though with the robot vacuum, that one less thing on my list :lol: :lol: Today I need to finish laundry and get stuff organized for my trip. I did get my Halloween blocks done.. good thing I made an extra as I see Jacquie has joined us! :D Signs up are still open, so I'll wait for the final tally.

Shawn met up with some old high school friends last nite, the kids are in Wisconsin and Kris and I went out to dinner at a really good place in town. So nice to just sit and chat with my DIL. After hearing what she went through with her boss in Canada... I'm so glad she is here! and able to take some time off before she approaches a new job. She has a guy begging her to come to work for him ... but she's going to chill out for a while... and she needs it! Still no decision on if they will buy my house, but Kris would like to.... no rush. we'll just wait for the stars to allign!

For now I need more coffee of course, then need to go down and throw in some more laundry. Kris me Viv yesterday for a funeral of an old friend, so she brought me back 4 of my quilts that Viv had done... With luck I'll get them trimmed at least and ready for binding!

Wishing you all a Happy Sunday

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:19 am

Good morning, Happy Sunday.

It's a comfortable 75* here at 7am and will only get to be 100* so the weatherman says.

Today will be church and I am going to do some things around the house I have been wanting to do, clean cupboards and such.

Sharona, have an uneventful trip to pick up the Ohio 3. Add some smooches from me.

Lois, I'm waiting for our businesses to get back to wearing masks. Seems after the fourth of July holiday our case numbers skyrocketed. We have our local fair during Labor Day, I can only imagine the new numbers after that. Congrats on going back to WW. I see WW cook books all the time at yard sales and used book sales.

Suzette, sorry your UPS store closed. Glad you got the aunt quilt mailed out. she will be surprised.

Velda, I wish more would get vaccinated too. when I was growing up it wasn't a choice. you lined up, the school nurse had the needle and you got your vaccine, whatever it was, you got it. Enjoy church.

Jana, I want a storm, can you kindly ask your next one to stop her next? Enjoy church, I bet it's nice to be back to the old start time.

Maryz, I love the boondocker idea. I hope it's a good experience for you, and for the person camping. I did send in my application for the job, and then prayed about it. I have nothing but jeans so would need to buy clothes if there is a dress code. I did get offered other things while I was at the yard sales. One lady does estate sales, she did grandma's, she has one coming up that has quilt things and also has a serger and a sewing machine, she said she needs help, Not sure I want a serger but might use a sewing machine depending on what it is. Then there is the Friends of the Library who has a used book store 3 days a week, they will call me as they need help. No real finds at the sales, just clothes.

Maryq, I think it's wonderful that you have such a nice relationship with your DIL. glad she is no longer in Canada.

Have a blessed day
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:44 am

This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!!
Hi to everyone and thank you for your words and prayers.
MaryZ, I've seen pictures of campers boondocking and saying how great it is. Hope that you have nice people when they come. Hope Vicki doesn't go nutty with visitors.
It's suppose to be a nice day and cooler, mid 80's. I'm going to try and grill a brisket on the Traeger. The neighbor should be ready to put curtain rods up and I can measure and resize the curtains he has. He's trying so hard to make the 5th wheel a nice home for his daughter who is 15 and son who is almost 2. The girl is here full time, her Mom died a few years ago. It's the little boy who the Dad is trying to have 50% shared custody of. Why do some women have to be so mean to men, especially when the man is trying to do the right thing and be a part of the child's life.
You are all in my prayers.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:48 am

Well i am certainly late for the party. U was up at 7 this morning and by the time i got dressed made pancakes and sausage for all and did the dished half the day is gone...the girls are in the frint porch with ipads and ken is out changing the oil in my car...mike is out with Ken and i came up her to maybe run th LA a little more on the star quilt. I did finish a table runner yesterday and It came oout good and the pattern is super easy...I will make the 4 seasons for my table and some for DD 2 when i finish the quilting.
I feel a lot more like sewing but now to find the time...Hope your day is going well my word for the day is,Fortitude......I hope you all hang in there...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOO

Return to “Sew ins”