Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday July 28

Daily discussions.
billizzy

Wednesday July 28

Post by billizzy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:01 am

Good morning I can’t believe I’m starting the thread this morning I hope everyone goes to rollcall that Chris started what a great idea Chris it’s been a while since we’ve touched base with everyone even those that just lurk.

I posted a picture of my Els attic quilt that I finished in the UFO thread I actually got a picture to post it seems if I post to pictures or three pictures at a time two will post the first one won’t if I try to post just one picture now and will post I’m not sure why.

I need to call eye doctor today I went back to wearing contacts but of course my bifocals are not working so I need to see if she can see me today and make some corrections. I got them last week gave me two weeks of trials. I still have to pull out readers to see my phone or read.

Been super hot here yesterday heat index was 100 took the kids swimming that’s the only relief you really have if you’re outside. We got DD a Lyft to go in and out of the pool that has truly been a lifesaver for me this year

I can’t believe we’re at the end of July already where has this year gone

Well nothing else new I hope all of you have a wonderful and blessed Wednesday

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

QuiltGram8

Re: Wednesday July 28

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:18 am

Good morning Izzy and all others. What a nice thing to have a lift for your sweet girl. Our campground has a lift for people with handicaps for using the pool. It's a really neat thing.
I will have to read more on Catch Up. That was a nice idea to review what everyone is up to.
We are in the extreme heat too, but we are a bit north of you. I imagine your temps might be even hotter than us.
Gotta go get my coffee. Stay cool if you can.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:33 am

Good morning izzy it is another 80+ day here too. I have 2 sleeping gran daughters whi might want to go to the pool today. IF they get up on time. Im not sure how late they stayed up last night but I removed their phones at 11 NO screens after 11. I am usually up till about 930 -10 bu I told them I would make an exception its only for a few more weeks,,Chey goes home on the 21st of august, They went to their room and took out drawing paper and pens...( hey its a start), they can have their screens back as soon as they get up and they are all fully charged,,,I will be tired today but Its ok.
I got all the scraps purged and much of my stash refolded and my sewing closet mostly organized. so I guess i will try to sew tomorrow . Tonight is guild meeting so we will get a new name and a new mission statement and a few goals...I am taking the QOV panels from Diane and a few RW&B blocks i made to start off the QOV project...We also have a "take it or leave it" table I have donations for that too.Well coffee is ready I need to get dressed...Hope your day goes well...XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:15 am

Good morning Everyone,

Today it will be in the 80's and humid.
I will be indoors I want to go through some bags of fabric that I keep buying and putting in my sewing room and I want to spend some time getting that all put away.
Izzy have a great day in the pool.
Velda I hope you stay cool.
Judi you are smart to disconnect the girls I hope they weren't to mad.

Well thats all the news here I hope everyone has a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:22 am

Good morning,

IZZY - I hope your pain has decreased cosiderably and you are able to get through life without heavy pain meds. Good luck with the bifocal contacts. I tried both the concentic lenses and the mono vision. Neither worked well for me so I finally gave up wearing contacts altogether. That lift is a huge blessing , I'm sure!

VELDA - I hope you love your new life chapter.

JUDI - Good work on the scraps! My next sewing slow-down I'll be going through mine, too. Though I won't cut them into squares. I want the odd-shaped pieces, large and small, for my on-going crazy quilt. Mostly, my plan is to throw them all into one big bin and throw the bin into the trailer for travel sewing! lol! I guess I would be UN-organizing mine! lol!

LOIS - oooh, bags'o'fabric to go through! It will be like Christmas! Do you pre-wash? I pre-wash everything before it even goes upstairs to the sewing room. Then when I go to sew, I don't have to guess if it's washed or slow down while I wash it.

MARY Q - I do remember your uncle passing away almost 2 yrs ago. Nice for all the family to get together! He must have been special! Are the kids still considering buying your house? What will you do if this townhouse you are going to go look at is exactly what you want? And what's the difference between a townhouse and a condo?

SHARONA - hope you got caught up on the missed sleep. I, too, was sleepless near Seattle that same night. Occasionally, I'll pop a Tylenol PM when that happens.

Yesterday I traced, fused, and cut out the pieces for my Halloween blocks - for as many swappers as we have so far. Today I'll fuse them to their backgrounds and they'll be ready to stitch down. Then I went through recipes, looking for a few things to make and freeze in anticipation of my DS & DBIL's arrival next Monday and made a grocery list. I usually do most of the meals when they are here. Then Bill and I sat down and worked on our Boondockers, Welcome site. We have officially joined this travelers' organization to offer a free parking site for up to 2 days for RV travelers in the area. In turn, we can stay at other Boondockers' sites all across the country. Our friends, Bob & Betsy, have done this for years and it's been a fun adventure for them. We thought we'd give it a try. There is only one RV park in or even near Gig Harbor and it's very expensive and always full so we may get a good response. A new adventure for us!

Today, maybe some grocery shopping and cooking/baking/freezing. Also, some Halloween fusing. Gypsy Dancer is on the LA and hopefully Bill will start on it this morning.

I'm off for my morning walk!

Mary Z
>^+^<

womster

Post by womster » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:37 am

Good morning!

Izzy – glad you’re able to beat the heat. I bet that Lift is a huge blessing.

Vel – how wonderful that the camp has a lift! Hope you stay cool today.

Judi – what a brilliant idea to set up a no screen time. I bet it feels great to have all your scraps in order. Enjoy the meeting.

Lois – how fun to go through fabric and get it all organized. Humid – blah.

Maryz – sleep – so elusive! I wish I could take a Tylenol PM – we’re told not to because it might trigger the afib. Even melatonin caused me to have abnormal heart rhythm. That’s nice of you to do most of the meals. I like the sound of your Boondocker thing. How fun to find new places to go. I hope Bill gets started on GD3.

I got up extra early so I could get outside to sew. Today may well be the hottest day of the year. Other than that, just pre-company uglies to do. The girls will be here in 3 days. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:53 am

Good morning!

As per usual, we are HOT! Already closed up the house. FedEx has the last pieces parts for my basement ceiling. A good thing! My handyman will be here tomorrow to finish. To finish, you need all the supplies and we will, just in time!

Sarah will be over to sew. She has a hat pattern to make. She still can't be out in the sun because of a med she is taking. That med will be finished in November and their Disneyland trip is October. These has can be folded and tucked in a pocket When she is on a ride.

Not much else here. Oh, Aaron will stay dry, Sarah loaned them her trailer to camp in. So when it rains in the mountains, they have a dry place. And a shower - you see, my Lila will be the one stomping in the mud, giggling all the time. Gracie, no way does mud and her get along!

We found a replacement glass for my bookcase and it will be here next week. I have to replace all four pieces in the doors, as the company couldn't match it exactly. Not too bad for cost, and the grandson who broke it, will use his lawn mowing money to pay. It was broken in a temper tantrum. It was not Ethan.

Stay cool! Well, y'all are that!
Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:06 am

Morning
Zero turn acting up again. So Joe did most if mowing with tractor, and I did front yard with push mower thus Morning.
Baby Barkley went home yesterday, little family doing well. Attached pic of little one.

Flo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:32 am

Good morning beautiful ladies, hope your day is starting with a smile. I'm enjoying reading the roll call posts. We really are a good group.

I quit the gym. the 30 mile each way to exercise for a couple of hours was just crazy. I think You Tube will be my new friend.

Tomorrow I start my HICAP training 6 classes in a town about an hour and a half away. It's held in a town called Sonora. I love that little town, but it's really grown. they have a big Joanns now. their downtown is still old and has many cute shops. it's a fun place to be.

I have also sent in my application to represent my district in the Commission on aging, I need to be approved by the board of supervisors and see what happens from there. My goal is to try to find out everything I can about the services available to seniors before I hit social security age.

Izzy, I read your roll call and it got me to wondering, why goats? what made you pick them? Glad you have a lift for DD, it will surely be a blessing. happy teaching DGS, can't believe he is ready for school already. I sometimes see his picture on your FB page, he really is all boy, give him a big smooch from me.

Velda, I love reading your posts, they are always positive and joyful. you seem to always see the good side of things. hope your boat and "house" sell quickly and you love your new digs. It's an exciting time for you, full of new.

Judi, you are busy. Right after the news the Sheriff has a commercial on tv that says, "It's 7 o'clock, do you know what your children are doing online" I always answer "No, I don't even know what my husband is doing online" Taking screens away at 11:00 is generous, I remember on school nights here it was 9pm. What would kids do is they lost all internet connections?

Lois, I have a stack of fabric here that I have bought at a sale, it's been washed and needs ironing so it can be put away. looks like we will be doing the same thing as each other again. Love your gnomes, they are too cute.

Maryz, Boondockers sounds interesting. hope you love it. Happy company prep. It will be nice to have dinner in the freezer to just heat and eat. Yes, Rich and Gloria have moved, but some of their stuff is still in the old house. They have to wait till escrow closes just incase something falls through. I believe the middle of August is the actual move all the stuff date.

Sharona, We are going to be extra hot here for the rest of the week. Exciting to have the girls come for a while. hope you all have a blast. Sorry sleeping wasn't on your todo list the other day. I use a sleep apnea machine and it records my percentage of good sleep. I fall short every so often. hope you catch up on yours

Jana, the fun never ends. Glad everyone will have access to the shower while camping. I so can picture two little girls, one in rain boots in the mud puddle the other holding her baby doll in her white lacy dress sipping tea from her little girl tea set. such a cute picture in my head. Glad the bookcase will get fixed. What a great lesson. Loved your roll call post. You are so correct about seeing the blessings around you, and noticing how God has it all figured out, just trust and listen and all will be good. It is fun to watch what he does in our lives.

Flo, what a precious little girl. look at her cute little cheeks. When you get to see her in person you are going to owe her so many smooches from me. She is just adorable.

Katy, glad the shoulder is feeling better. Our garden is now giving us cucumbers, scads of them. I wish they wouldn't all come at once.

Maryq, I hope you find the town house or condo ( not sure what the difference is) of your dreams. It would be wonderful if the kids bought your house and just kept going to the barn to play with the horses for now. School should be starting for them soon, have you gotten school supplies yet?

Valerie, where are you?

Kathy, Where are you?

Mary Rose, where are you?

Becca, where are you?

Cindy, where are you?

I really hope I haven't forgotten anyone, but if I have where are you?

Time to start my day, you all have a fun rest of the week
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:38 am

Maryq, I just read this. I had no idea

The true difference between a condo unit and a townhouse is in the ownership structure, not the architecture. A condo is a residential unit on a multi-unit property with joint ownership of the land and communal area. A townhouse is a single-family home with private ownership of the land.
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”