Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday July 28

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Wednesday July 28

Post by maryq » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:35 am

Good Morning Girls

YIPEE we got RAIN! Not enough to make a difference but I'll take anything right about now!

Izzy.... I read under "roll call" that you will have some winter kids? Does that fall under the category of "boys will be boys"? :lol: :lol: We are under a heat warning today here.... I feel so bad for my sons that work outside all day!

Velda..... Hope your RV keeps you guys pretty cool!

Judi.... Gotta love those teenagers right? Evie has found a fun craft project to do and Viv gave her a sewing project... and she has her horse riding to do.... but in this heat... who wants to go to the barn? I did get your SAL picture posted this morning finally!

Lois... I'll meet you in the sewing room later... as I'm headed there in a little while too. I've found a great deal on some fabric in facebook groups, and I shouldn't buy any more... but I can't get at my stash in the garage... so I don't even know what I have out there.

Maryz.... Yup, My Uncle Dan was a special guy... a little arrogant as dr's can be sometimes, but he really stepped in when my Dad died and watched out for my Mom. The townhouse I looked at yesterday was gorgeous and HUGE and I loved it... especially the fully finished finished basement with bath, bedroom and huge storage room and a Mammoth sized "sewing room" but the steps are a worry for me... I can manage them now, but probably not in a few years. And the kids haven't made a decision yet.. which is fine. I was just glad I looked. Here in MN Condo's are more like apartments that you own rather than rent. What a cool idea.... to share your "campsite"... is that they way I am understanding it? Kind of like a Co-Op of places to park?

Sharon... Oh gosh.. that has to stink when you can't even take meds to help you sleep! No matter what time I crawl into bed it seems I don't get to sleep until midnight! by then it's too late to take a PM

Jana... When I looked at that townhouse yesterday I pictured your Batt Cave! The downstairs was HUGE and I imagined all my machines set up and my fabric nicely lined up on shelves like yours!

Flo... Your little granddaughter is Gorgeous! Love her hair bow and all that beautiful dark hair! My babies were bald!

Chriss... Thanks for doing the Roll Call.. it is fun to see a brief update... hope many more will join in!
And thanks for sharing the info on condos vs. townhouses. around my Neighborhood there are some really nice detached townhouses ---you have an association that mows and plows etc, but you don't share common walls.. so you don't have a noise level problem .. but the ones near me are way out of my price range!

Only thing I managed to do yesterday in the sewing room was to iron up some fabric I bought and washed... and got my Halloween blocks fused... BUT I'm going to ignore them today and work on getting my Sew Along Blocks sashed and put together.

Do any of you guys have one of those robot vacuums? Shawn brought theirs down and set it up last night. What a hoot! This one starts itself at 10:00 and just runs all over the house.. then when it's done it parks itself and empties itself. It's hilarious! With the dog hair and cat hair in my house, I have to stay it's kind of nice.

Guess I'll grab some more coffee and get to work!

Enjoy your day!!!

mepeace2

Re: Wednesday July 28

Post by mepeace2 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:40 am

Good morning all
I am doing a quick post. I need to know if anybody else was following along with the sew along and have your blocks done. The ones that have been posted are beautiful. Let me know in the next week.
Well I need more coffee
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

Return to “Sew ins”