Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday July 27,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday July 27,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:19 am

Good morning Everyone,

Yesterday I spent the day ironing my pieces for my Christmas block and now they are cut and ready just have to cut the backgrounds blocks.

Today we will be going food shopping then to come home and put it all away I already have my second load of wash in so I will be good to go.

Well thats all the news here everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Re: Tuesday July 27,2021

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:37 am

Good morning Lois and everyone after.
We are headed out for grocery day, too. Going to get plenty of fresh fruits and veggies. With this heat, I hate cooking. Lunchmeat sandwiches and salads is on my menu this week.
I should do some quick cleaning today after that. Get it done before the heat of the day.
Dancing was lots of fun last night.
Back to my coffee. 😊
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:52 am

Good morning,

LOIS - have a happy day sewing after your grocery shopping.

SHARONA - we've lost our verve for any sports, too, for the same reasons. You must really have a lot of hummers! We had one in our house a few months ago. Bill caught him in his hand while standing up on the ladder. That little bird literally shot away when Bill released him outside. Mountain lions??! Now that would be scary! I guess we do have them here but mostly in the mountains. I did see a big cat slink across the road when I was on my morning walk last year but we decided it was probably a bobcat or a lynx, also in our mountains but not usually in neighborhoods.

MARY Q - Did I miss something? You're going to a memorial service in Montana? When? Whose memorial?

CHRISS - Good for you for sticking to the plan! I wouldn't be nearly so dedicated! Has Richard moved yet to his new home?

It feels a little weird not having any other people around. Not even Dean to share his proud music with us throughout the day. All the uglies are caught up, the yard is OK, the laundry is mostly done. Nothing to do but hang out in my sewing room and work on my Halloween blocks. I'm making progress there. Still waiting for Bill to start setting GD3 up for quilting, but I know every time I mention it will delay it another week, so I'm trying to be patient.

Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday!

Mary z

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:15 am

Good morning,,It is sunny and another hot one. Just hanging out today, Grand daughter plays on her screen and phone most of the day. I did take her with me to the store yesterday for some special tea she likes...and a snack but that was it..she is chatty when we say "No phones at the table. " Ive offered the movies and other places but it is usually no thank you...she is polite and well behaved for the most part but doesnt want to do much. Other grand daughter comes bck over tomorrow and I will take them swimming at my sisters of it doesnt rain.
I am still sorting scraps have 2 more bins to go,,,Purple and orange,,,they are not very full so I should be done soon...then I will put away "found items" that were in the scrap bins including fat quarters and charms packs..and a few WOFs.
Tomorrow will be the quilt guild at the new venue (the library) we will pick a new name for the guild and decide on projects and a mission statement. Most of the ladies expressed a positive feed back on everything suggested in the news letter,,there are a couple that object to the QOV but we told them it is voluntary and participation is optional. Some of these ladies are older and have been meeting in one way or the other for 40 years,,they dont want any changes but come anyway. They are hand quilters too only make quilts by hand no Machines,,,One of them has never owned a sewing machine of any kind. ( She makes beautiful quilts) but not very many,,,she says our quilts are just blankets :( :( :( :( .
well I need to get dressed and comb my hair,,,I will clean my 2 bathrooms today too....have a fun day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:39 am

Good Beautiful morning all

I want to congratulate all the ladies in the sew along for getting there blocks done. Please go over and look at them. I think I have one more who may have one block yet to do. But theres no hurry. Such variety.
I finally got my center of my sew along together. Not totally done need to applique some more leaves and either a blue flower or a bow. Then it will be cut my sashing and cornerstones.
On the home front my shoulder is getting better. I have been doing a little clean up work in gardens. Not a whole lot of housework and a bunch of sewing. LOL
Whether wise HOT. This week will get another something done in gardens and work on my mystery blocks. It will not be long until fall house cleaning. lol
Well I have to walk Boo and of course have another cup of java. One thing at least my sewing room not screaming at me.

You all have a great sewing day
Katy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:57 am

KATY glad your shoulder is improving. Hope you don’t overdo. I know I don’t realize I’ve overdone it until the next day. Hard to believe it’s already time to clean up the gardens. That’s Sew Along was fun. As soon as I finish my Halloween blocks I will start putting it together.

Judy, it is hard to entertain a teenager. Does she only see her dad on weekends? Some of your guild members have interesting ideas. I wonder what they find objectionable about QOV…. I have donated a ton of quilts to the local police department, the Children’s Hospital, two different nursing homes, and a women’s shelter. All our wonderful causes. I’ve made one QOV quilt for Autumn‘s boyfriend, who was a captain in the US Rangers in the Middle East. I’m sure your guild will find its mission. And a fun new name!

womster

Post by womster » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:42 am

Good morning!

Lois – sounds like you’re making good progress on the Christmas blocks. We will be grocery shopping as well.

Vel – looks like there are three of us hitting the aisles today. Glad you had fun dancing.

Maryz – we also have the bobcats – their faces look like old men to me. Sounds like you’re suffering from company withdrawal. That’s too bad you’re forced to be in your sewing room today.

Judi – isn’t it so sad that our grandkids (well, that entire generation) are glued to their phones? I see it everywhere, even in adults. But at least you’re building memories with her. As for the ‘your quilts are just blankets’ woman – she wrankles my hide. How RUDE! I’m glad y’all are setting up a new guild.

Katy – so glad to hear your shoulder is doing better.

I could not get to sleep last night! So frustrating, especially since I didn’t get my normal 20 minute afternoon doze. Today we’re headed to Costco and then I have some uglies to do. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:44 am

Good morning!

Cloudy, with chances of thunderstorms here. A good thing! Well, except for Aaron, they are going camping across the valley, up in the mountains for a couple of days. They tent camp, so this trip may be a short one! We'll see how the little girls do with rain and mud.

Not much here as well. We too need a quick run for some groceries. I have a list ready to go. Then home to play.

Enjoy your day! And do something fun!
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:03 am

Good Morning girls

Yes, I'm a little late again.. but I was up at 0745, and had a bit of coffee and then went up to the barn to watch Evie ride a little. She rides a horse that jumps hurdles and it's very fun to watch her jump. So I have a good excuse.

Lois..... Food shopping? Not the funnest job in the world is it? With the kids here now, I just text Brennen when I pull in the driveway and he comes out to haul the groceries in... man that's wonderful!

Velda.. Are you as ready as I am for COOL temps! So much outside stuff needs to be done here, but it's just to darn hot. We're expecting 97* today! Days like this make we wish I still had a swimming pool!

Maryz... Yup, I'm headed back to Montana on Aug 5th. My Dad's youngest brother passed away in November of 2019 and they were going to have the memorial service last year... but well... you know what happened. So it is this year in a little town called Twin Bridges, MT. I fly into Butte, rent a car and drive about an hour to there. My Aunt is from Montana and will be buried there as well, so Uncle Dan's ashes will be buried in MT. It's kind of a family reunion too as many of my siblings are going and Dan's 2 boys, a couple cousins from Vermont. After my Dad passed, Dan became the "Patriarch" of our family and was very supportive of my Mom and visited with us all over the years. Even came for Jennie's wedding in 2010. So we all feel the need to honor him.

Judi... Doesn't the phone thing just about drive you nuts! Like how can they sit there hour after hour and stare at a little screen! I practically have to drag Evie out of her room. I get it that there is nothing to do here, but seriously? We did find a couple of those Diamond painting kits so she is working on those.. I almost can't wait for them to go back to school... and maybe meet some friends!!

Katy... How do you get your sewing room to NOT scream at you! If I'm upstairs doing something I feel like I should be down sewing.... if I'm down sewing I think I should UP cleaning or something!

Sharon... Do you go to Costco every week? There's a Sam's closer to me, so I bit the bullet and got a membership... Omg,... that place is dangerous. With the family here it is nice to buy a little more in bulk. Though I wish I had an extra deep freezer ( an a place to put it) You can imagine we do a little more laundry around here now, so I did stock up on detergent!

Jana... Thanks for the info on your Batt Cave...now I can picture it a little better.. As I'm looking for townhouses... I've run across with a few with a whole lower level wide open and think how great that would be for a sewing room! I have a lay over in Salt Lake City next week on my way to Butte,,, I'll wave as I go by!

For now I better get to work... Took Evie to Joann with me yesterday to pick up a little more orange fabric so need to go get that out of the dryer and read to go for Halloween blocks.
Kris has a friend that is a realtor, so she is going to show us a nice townhouse this afternoon... Just so I can get an idea of what I'm looking for!

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:23 am

Maryq - as you fly in, depending on which way the wind blows, you will fly right over my house, as well as all my kids! As you head south, the pilots will make a swooping turn to the east, toward my mountains, that turn is just about right over my roof! So I can see you wave! The planes flight path is south, up against, and along side the Oquirrh Mountains, over the Bingham Copper Pit, the biggest open pit mine in the world, then turn east, and then turn back north to the airport, running along I-15 and a big road, Bangeter Highway, both are Aaron's duty area. So now you have the layover tour of where I live. LOL!

Return to “Sew ins”