Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday July 26

Daily discussions.
QuiltGram8

Monday July 26

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:29 am

Good morning, cockle- doddle-do!
I am at laundromat doing laundry. I checked earlier and no one had started our post. So I waited. But now I decided to sound the alarm. LOL
Not much going on here. So I don't have much to say, really. Will probably make a second pot of coffee when we get done here. This week is my hair appointment, Dick has a doctor visit, and we need to see the I insurance guy about insurance for new condo.
That's about it other than regular uglies day and grocery day. Sure wish I could think of some good ideas for our meals. Sick of cooking in this heat. Last night we just did a cold cereal supper. Actually quite good.
Ok, wash is done. Gotta go.
Came back again to check my spelling and crazy auto incorrect. LOL
Everything in the dry now. 15 minutes and we will be folding and putting shirts on hangers.
Time actually goes pretty fast.
Have a great, happy, sew-ful, day!!
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

FlorenceM

Re: Monday July 27

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:42 am

Morning Vel & all to follow
New granddaughter was born Saturday night. Berkley Rae was born by c-section late Saturday night. Mom & baby doing great. I won't get to see new baby until September, they live in Pennsylvania. But did get to video chat last night.
Now to make label for quilt...I finished it Thursday!
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:55 am

Good morning Vel...I could do laundry but I dont need to do it today. I am still sorting scraps and purging...I have found WOF that were stowed in the scrap bins mostly 1/4 yards...(9 inches) I also found a lot of Fqs,,,so they were moved to the Fq bin. When I get through with this I might be in the mood to sew..I do have one more wall of photos to put up and the stairway will be done..
Basement is coming along...we are almost ready for the dry wall...as long as another SNAFU doesnt show up. Seems a 100 year old house has a lot of amatuer electricians working on it and as we demo the old we find a ton of issues,,,it is a wonder this house didnt burn down years ago. also our son is wiring the entire house for the internet while we are at it,,,we will have plugs down there that charge devices too.
Well that is about it for me...hope your day is filled with fun,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO Congratulations FLo on the new baby,

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:17 am

Good morning!

Not much here. Same ol' hot. We are either roasting or freezing this year. Middle ground temps would be nice. But I do have a very nice Batt Cave to be in, so that is where you will find me.

Judi - it doesn't need to be a 100 yr old house to find wiring snafus! Even brand new homes have them, Michael has found several here in this house.

Flo - a new little one! Congrats! And the quilt was finished in time!

Velda - seeing all the shortages, have you thought about your new washer and dryer for the condo? Around here, it takes several weeks after buying for them to show up. Don't get me started on auto correct! It comes up with doozies!

Well, no little rooster here, just noisy dogs. Roosters are better!

Hugs,
Jana

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:33 am

Good morning from the beach.

Flo A new baby--oh--what a wonderful way to start a day. A new baby is such a gift!! What town in Pa. do they live. We were in Slatington for 4 years, loved the house but the weather was a killer. Congrats on your new addition.

Finished the bindings yesterday so today will turn them to Kathleen for the LAer. I want to put the blocks from the Breezy Windmills on the design board and start to get it sewn before I move on. Have a bad habit of only half done projects then they go into a shelf to be hidden until "one day I'll get it done"

Hope everyone has a great day and prayers for those in need.
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:59 am

Good morning,

Today is Scottie's birthday! He's a big 8 yrs old! Second grade! I think we'll celebrate the day with a long walk and extra cookies!

VEL, Happy laundry day! One nice thing about doing it in laundromats is it all gets done quickly, but it's still nicer to have your own W/D. Will you have your own set in your new condo? When it's too hot to cook, I like to use my crockpot and set it outside. But that cereal idea works for me, too!

FLO - congratulations on the new baby! Sept isn't far away now. You'll be smooching on that baby in no time at all!

CHRISS - so Moose is an early riser, eh . . . :lol: Scottie is getting earlier and earlier because he know the very first thing that happens, is Feed The Dog. He's waking me at 4:45 most mornings. I usually get up at 5:00 so not a big deal, but much earlier and it will become a big deal!

JUDI - Were there professional electricians 100 years ago?? Makes you wonder if you need to go through the entire house double checking wiring . . . . In watching the news, it seems there WERE tornadoes in your area! Did you notice?

JANA - our split level house was built by a professional builder in 1976. It's crazy the things Bill has found not up to code, even for 45 yrs ago! And not just electrical. Has Daniel been called out on any fires?

DIANE - I checked out your quilt pattern. Nice! I am the opposite. Once I start a quilt I can't put it down until it's finished. Or at least added to the quilting queue. I rarely work on more than one project at a time. My grandfather moved here from PA and upstate NY in 1902 because of the weather. I'm grateful to him every single winter!

SHARONA - Why do you want to find a new church? Isn't that where you work? Would you quit that job?

JANA - It's a rare thing in this house for anyone to iron a shirt anymore! lol!

Saturday Bill asked me if I wanted to go fabric shopping - and then drove me! Yesterday he took down the laundry from the clotheslines (1 load. He's nuts but he's not crazy.) and then remade the bed with the clean sheets! Now he's serving me coffee. Either I'm dying or the man wants something . . . . :|
We noticed we weren't hearing Dean, the next door rooster, this weekend. I guess he was getting too rough with his ladies and so he went to live on a big chicken farm. No, not the one in the sky but a real chicken farm. Now he has 40 ladies all to himself. But we did hear a baby rooster that just started learning to crow over the weekend, so we won't be completely roosterless. But we do miss Dean.
Yesterday we dug up the 6 shasta daisy plants we planted 2 weeks ago and put them in pots around the yard for now. The slugs were decimating them. We were given some lavender plants so we put them in the daisies' old spot. Hopefully they are more slug resistant.
We got a text from our friend Betsy. She and Bob were just here for 3 nights in their trailer then last Thursday went to Portland to visit their son for 3 nights before going home (another 275 mi to NE Oregon). Betsy said Bob had a heart attack, was taken to the hospital by ambulance, and had a stent put in. They were almost ready to set out on their drive home, towing a trailer along Interstate 84. So many blessings in this incident! But he's still could use a prayer if you have one to spare. He and Betsy are such good people.
I finished my GD3 top, or "Pinky", as Bill calls it, and have the back pieced and the binding done. It's ready for quilting! Hooray! I also got my last sew-along block done, cleaned up my sewing room, and now am turning my sights on the Halloween swap. I've got a ton of spooky ideas and a pile of fun new fabrics to play with. If you haven't heard about the newest swap yet, check it out! Sign-ups are going for 3 weeks instead of our usual 2 because I know the Christmas swap is still going on.
Well, I need to go get busy. Have a marvelous Monday!

mary z
>^+^<

Quiltmom

Re: Monday July 26

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:52 am

Good morning al! Just a quick stop in today. Not much going on here. Another hot day so will stay inside and watch movies while I sew. Still working on file sorting. It is so tedious and boring I can only do it for a about an hour at a time. Watched a few Olympics but only the really unusual sports that you don't see normally. They said the viewership is way down and I know I am not watching anywhere near what I used to watch. I still can't believe they are having them since all the Covid over in Japan. I read that the IOC didn't want to cancel because of one thing - MONEY! It is a shame they are putting money above all else.

Time to go to Bob Evans for my Monday morning breakfast. Hope everyone has a good and safe day. They say covid is getting worse again. I just don't want to have to go back to putting on the mask. That is why I got my vaccines.

Sherry

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:56 am

Flo: congratulations on new baby! Babies are such exciting news. So sorry they have to be so far away. That's how it has been for us. We missed all that new baby stuff a lot with our families so scattered. We had our first grandchild for first 3 - 4 years. Then our son, Brian stayed near us, so we totally enjoyed his two children. They are now 20 yrs and 18 yrs old. Lots of memories though.
OMG! Sherry, I totaly love Bob Evans for breakfast. Enjoy!!
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:57 am

Good wonderful Monday morning. It's going to be a great day today.

I have already been to the gym this morning. I used multiple machines and did 2 miles on the treadmill. Sure wish the gym were closer. I can sort of feel a difference but have a long way to go to get to where I would like to be.

Velda, thanks for waking us up. Cooking in this heat is something I also don't like to do. We often have cold cuts and a salad. I did take some rotisserie chicken and made chicken enchilada's without tortillas recently. this morning I will fry up the leftover and add a fried egg.

Flo, happy new granddaughter day, make sure there is a gentle smooch from me when you go see her. what fun.

Judi, once you get that basement finished you will never want to leave it. Hope you want to sew soon. I still need to get going on my Christmas swap blocks. Maybe today.

Jana, Roosters are much better than noisy dogs. our neighbors have both. enjoy your time in the basement, I would love a batt cave.

Diane, I have a someday shelf too. glad you got those bindings done.

Maryz, sorry Dean had to take a hike but you will learn to love the new rooster on duty. Prayers for both Betsy and Bob. Glad he wasnt' driving. Happy birthday to Scottie. I'm still thinking on the Halloween swap. Just not sure yet.

Sherry, I had forgotten all about the Olympics. This morning while on the treadmill the news was on tv. I could see it but not hear it. They showed the temperature in Tokyo and I wondered why. well now I know why, it's because that is where it's at. duh. Enjoy your breakfast.

Lori, ha ha, Jerry had just gotten up with HIS dog about an hour before I did. Moose must have had something going on to want to go out twice. He's fine now. crazy critter.

Maryq, your sew along blocks are just beautiful. it's going to be a gorgeous quilt.

I believe it's time for breakfast and a shower, not sure what order that will happen in just yet. then I really need to go play in my sewing room. So many blocks to make and get done. I also need to run up to the post office to mail a couple of things off.

I pray you all have a super duper day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:04 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Monday... a new week.... a new start.... a new day to learn from the mistakes of yesterday! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same old HOT here too, but a bit on the muggy side too! We get the humidity from the gulf of Mexico and Texas so thanks Cindy G!

Kids are in their rooms of course, Kris went to the barn but gave them instructions to get some things done today.. not sure what... I'm going to take Evie with me to go to Kohls later... hoping I can find some light weight cotton pants. Forgot I am going to need a nice outfit for the memorial service in Montana in a couple weeks... All I own is jeans, sweatpants and shorts!

Velda... Oh gosh... won't it be so nice to have a w/d right in your own condo!? Is your building a Senior building? Did you decide on sashing for your sew along quilt?

Flo.... Congratulations on the new baby DGD... Love her name... Haven't heard that one for a baby girl, but I do like it! I know a gal with a little girl names "Bexley" another new one for me too!

Judi... I can only imagine the interesting things you'll find as you are purging and cleaning! But what fun... probably a few "what was I thinking" pieces of fabric. Once I can get all my fabric out of my garage and back on shelves... I think it will feel like a huge shopping trip!

Jana... Nice to have a nice cool place to "hide" right? The Batt Cave! Is your are full under ground? like an 8 course basement or 4 course? Probably a little chilly down there in the winter though right? Unless you have separate heat?

Diane.... Tell me it isn't so.... you have 1/2 finished projects? Oh my! I am so thankful I am not the only one with a pile of UFO boxes.... I spent a fair amount of time on the internet the other looking at patterns.... I should know better... not only do I go through a lot of ink, but now I'm out of plastic page protectors to keep all of them... and I know I will never in a zillion years make them all.

Maryz... Have you figured out what Bill is after... being so nice? My DEX would do that kind of thing AFTER he screwed up! So sorry to hear about Bob and Betsy.... Heart attack is bad enough, but to be on the road.... They were at their son's when it happened right? Will most definitely send a spare prayer.... I haven't used up my daily allotment yet!

Sherry.... I barely even knew the Olympics were on! It does seem strange to keep them going.. and weird that there are no spectators. But can you imagine how stuff would spread in arenas etc?

Chriss... I so admire your will power! There's a Snap Fitness place 2 miles from my house... do you think I'd ever get out of bed and get there? Not going to happen! :lol: :lol: Can we twist your arm for the Halloween swap!??

Time for more coffee, then a shower and shake Evie up to go shopping with me. Finished one project yesterday--the hospice home needs some pillows made--- so now I can get back to my other things... just can't decide which one to do next! :lol: :lol: I have pieces traced for Halloween swap, so might play with that. My Christmas blocks will be on their way to the Post Office today!

wishing you all Marvelous Monday

Return to โ€œSew insโ€