Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Update New 7/ 23 on Shirley Mae's DH

Daily discussions.
Ittybittygma

Update New 7/ 23 on Shirley Mae's DH

Post by Ittybittygma » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:03 am

Hi, Need prayers for Rod (DH) today. He is going back in for a catscan with contrast this afternoon at 1:45. The ultrasound a week or so ago showed a spot on his liver. They don't know what it is. He had a liver transplant 20 yrs ago for Alpha One and has not had much trouble with his liver before.

Blood tests last week show that the Protein in his Blood is 4 times what it should be, a marker for cancer. I will keep you posted when we find out more. But please keep him in your prayers. It can destroy your bones and he aches so badly all the time, may be cause of most of his pain instead of diabetic neuropathy. He sees that dr on the 4th of Aug. The liver dr will call him as soon as results come in from today. They are two separate drs, other dr is an oncologist.

Some good news on our son. He turned in his notice at work last week and next thur is his last day. They changed all the hrs, now want 12 hr days and work every other weekend. He has had it, too many health problems to do that. He retired from military (AF) last jan so doesn't really need the money. His dream job, part time on a golf course. I hope he gets it. But he is taking some time off and going to go see his kids in other states. He wants to be there for us too if we need help on down the road.

I need some prayers for strength, hope, comfort, good health, and peace in the midst of all this chaos. I have a very strong faith in God, I believe in miracles, and I know God is at my side always. But God hears the prayers of others on our behalf and we need all the help we can get right now. Forever grateful for all my cyber friends......the prayer warriors.

Thank you everyone for your kind caring words and prayers. It means so much to me. I pray for all of you each night too, God knows your needs. May HE bring healing where needed, comfort and peace for those with lost loved ones, and hope to all.

God bless, love and hugs across the miles. Shirley Mae

fabricgirl

Re: Update New 7/ 23 on Shirley Mae's DH

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:48 pm

Shirley Mae you and your whole family are being kept in my prayers.

Lois

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:03 pm

Shirley Mae you and everyone in your family will be in my prayers.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:07 pm

Shirley Mae, stopping right here to ask God to bless you and your whole family. He will hear your cry and be there.
God Bless You.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

patches4

Post by patches4 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:14 pm

Shirley Mae , Rod and family
I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. May you feel the Lord hugging you with his love support and help in carrying you when you grow weary.
Love,hugs, and blessings,
TinaB
Patches4

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:47 pm

saying prayers now Shirley Mae,
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:01 am

Offering up prayers for you and Rod. May God hold you both in the palm of his hand.

Mary

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:02 am

Prayers for you both and that God sends some Angels to surround you and your family.

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:38 pm

My prayers and thoughts are with you as you wait for answers. Please know that you have an army of unseen sisters who are behind you!!

Diane

Return to “Sew ins”