Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday July 23,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Friday July 23,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:14 am

Good morning,
Did some uglies yesterday and today will finish up.
After that I will be sewing.
Not much happening here I hope everyone has a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

billizzy

Re: Friday July 23,2021

Post by billizzy » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:47 am

Good morning I’ve been putting peaches it for two days at 8 gallons finally in the freezer oh how I hate Pitting and peeling peaches πŸ‘

Went swimming with the little man and DD yesterday well of course now my hips and shoulders are killing me I swear getting old is no fun

I hit submit prematurely here on my post had to come back and edit it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Been in the sewing room trying to clean up my mess finishing up my log cabin blocks that are cut I figure no sense in wasting those strips so I’m putting those together and will probably make me a table runner using those blocks left over

Plan to finish the long arm borders on my quilt so I can get it off and get it bound and have that one done that one I just played on it’s a quilt for me so I did some free motion type quilting on it different templates different prints in blocks just to play

Supposed to be in the high 90s today with a lot of humidity so not gonna be doing a whole lot outside today or the rest of the weekend

Got to talk with Kathy yesterday she sounded good I’ve been meaning to call her every day but yesterday while I was doing peaches I dialed the phone πŸ₯°

Nothing else new here today hope everyone has a blessed day

Hugs πŸ€— prayers πŸ™ happy stitching 🧡
🐐izzy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:59 am

Good morning , I too have uglies to do...I relly need to get these photos back on my stairway wall. it will be a fun job I have eliminated some and have reframed a few, ll are 5x7 black frames dating back from the 1800s od my great grandparents to the current school pictures of the grand kids, both Ken and my side of the families. Now with everything digital hardly anyone takes paper pictures any more...if a disaster strikes and all the memory on computers are wiped out there will be no pictures of anyone.
In my leisure time ( LOL) i will continue to cut squares for the quilt and purge the scraps...in the meantime I need a cup of liquid motivation...have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

womster

Post by womster » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:17 am

Good morning!

Lois - I'll join you in doing some uglies.

Izzy - canning peaches is no fun, but they are so good in those winter months. Hope your shoulders and hips feel better today.

Judi - I agree with the pictures. I am guilty of leaving them on the phone as well. I love looking at old pictures! How cool that you have some dating that far back.

I'm up early to get out and weed. Last time I tried, there were tons of bees so I need to hit it before the sun is all the way up. Then I will shower and sew. Have a great day! xoxo Sharona

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:44 am

Good morning!

Very muggy here this morning. Thunderstorms rolled through last night. Such a good thing, dumped lots of water on us, then the idiots came out shooting off their fireworks. It's that time again here, Pioneer Day. It's a state holiday celebrating the day, in 1847, the pioneers arrived in Utah. They were fleeing lawless mobs, persecuting us for our religious beliefs. Those mobs drove the pioneers from their farms and homes, mostly from Missouri, in the dead of winter. Quite a story , the many miracles that occurred for these pioneer men, women and children on their journey here. Michael's ancestors were among that very first wagon train of pioneers to arrive here. Mine came here through another route, stopping in Australia before landing in San Francisco and coming to Utah across where I-80 runs now. We love our pioneers!

My day has a few uglies in it. Especially underwear! Other than that, not much else going on in these parts. Sewing is on that list!

Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:15 am

Good morning,

IZZY - do you slip your peaches into boiling water for a minute or two before peeling them? The skins slip right off then. Tomatoes, too, by the way. I can peaches. I've never frozen them mostly due to never having a freezer other than my fridge. And I always buy free-stone, never cling-stone.

LOIS - I have a few uglies to do today, too, but after 5 days of company and cooking, then a sleepless night, I'm not feelin' it. We'll see how I feel after coffee and a shower.

JUDI - I really need to upload my phone pix to Costco and get them printed. I do that about every 3rd year, then when they come, I label and file them into photo boxes. I don't do albums any more. Are you half-done with scraps yet? What a good activity to do while "reading" an audio book.

SHARONA - I hope the bees don't get you! Yesterday I was in the kitchen and was hearing a buzzing. I kept looking around and finally found a wasp on my tee shirt sleeve! We have yellow jackets, but I've never seen a wasp on our property. I knocked him off, stepped on him THREE times, carried him outside in a tissue to get a better look, and he was STILL alive! Ugh! I hope he just took a "left turn at Albuquerque" in his travels and he doesn't have a home and a zillion brothers and sisters close by.

JANA - how soon will your floor be installed? Will "Tim" be doing it or a flooring company?

VELDA - all your cleaning makes it sound like you live in a 2-story house! I'm sure it's no fun, but when you consider you are cleaning to sell, and every swipe of your dust cloth brings you closer to your new home, I'm sure it's brings visions of singing bluebirds fluttering around, almost like Cinderella!

FLO - so, is the house done?

Today there is absolutely nothing on our calendar! No visitors, no meals, no appointments. I have a few uglies to do, including laundry, but not sure I'll do them. We did mop the floor last night after a friend dropped a glass salt shaker and it broke on our new kitchen floor. Salt and glass shards went everywhere, including into the board grooves. We swept, vac'd, and then, after everyone left and we'd done the dishes, we mopped. So one ugly done! Things I DO plan to do today is sew, cross-stitch, and start a new book yet to be named. One good thing about sleepless nights, I get my reading done. :D

I've found some pockets of time here and there during this past busy week to work on my GD3. It is assembled in 10 sections and I'm working on the 8th right now. Then I'll sew the sections together. It might be ready to quilt by the end of the weekend.

I need another cup of go-juice so I'm off for now!
Piece, everyone!

Mary z
>^+^<

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:11 am

Good morning all! It is pouring rain outside right now and supposed to rain for most of the day. I wish I could send some of this rain out west where they really need it. Smoke hates the thunder so he is laying by my legs panting. Will work on my cross stitch today I think. Just found out the Cubs are on this afternoon so will watch them while I sew.

Maryz - I only decoupage the ones I really like. I only have about 6 hanging on my walls. Like you I save the others and do the ones I like over another time. I also give away the ones I won't do anymore to my friend Ann or donate them. I shouldn't say this but I just got 5 new puzzles in the mail yesterday as if I needed more of them. I hope you enjoy your book. What are you reading? I just started my new book yesterday. It is American Marxism by Mark Levin. It is about how our country is going downhill and is very interesting.

Izzy - Sounds like you were very busy with your peaches. Since there is just me now I don't can or freeze things like I used to do when Harold and the boys were here. I have some fresh peaches in my fridge that I am going to make some Peach crisp with today or tomorrow.

Judi - I still have pictures I am going through also. I have a very old picture hanging on my wall of my Grandmother Penrod when she was 3 years old in 1903. It is in the original frame.

Jana - Have a Happy Pioneer Day!

Well time to go get some lunch for me and the furbabies. Got the coffee already going. Hope everyone has a good and safe day.

Sherry

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:55 am

Here it is almost lunchtime, but I am DONE with the windows and screens!
This morning we watched the opening ceremony for Olympics. Well up until they started bringing in the athletes. We watched them for awhile. Always enjoy seeing USA, but didn't have time to wait.
Got a bunch of things put into truck to take to our son tomorrow.
Threw a bunch of stuff away. Gave some things to fellow campers etc.
Then I started my window project for the day. Since I am all done now, I am headed to the shower and change of clothes. We have to go uptown after a bite to eat. So busy morning here.
Sounds like it's Ugly Day all around. Everyone will be all spruced up for the weekend.
Whatever you have to do, try to keep happy and smile.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:59 pm

There's 2 more days to enter your quilts into the "Quilts in the Garden" Show. https://thanksgivingpoint.org/events/garden-of-quilts/
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:10 pm

Good afternoon!

A late post here. I'm starting to get in a Halloween mood and in talking with Tina, we realized we haven't had a Halloween swap in 7 years - 2014 was the last one. So it's time! I just want to give everyone advance notice that I will be hosting this swap and official sign-ups will run from Aug 1 to 15, though I'll be happy to take names in advance. I already put a short intro post in SWAPS with more complete info to follow. I want to do 2 quilts for my 2 grandsons, who, though far into adulthood, still love Halloween! So put on your thinking caps - what says Halloween to you??

Mary Z

Return to β€œSew ins”