Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thurs July 22

Daily discussions.
QuiltGram8

Thurs July 22

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:42 am

Good Morning Everyone! Can't believe I didn't post yesterday. Thought I was up early enough. Guess I got busy washing RV screens and inside of windows. It's quite tedious to snap screens out and back in after washing the window and track.
Will be doing more of the same as soon as it gets daylight. Hope to finish before the heat of the day. Going to be an A/C sort of day again.
Hope your day if more fun. 😊
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

fabricgirl

Re: Thurs July 22

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:21 am

Good morning Velda and all who follow,

Well my test went well yesterday it was for your circulation in your arms and legs.

Today there is nothing on the calender and I'm very happy :D
So I will start by stripping the bed and doing that wash then clean the bathroom and kitchen while Bill cuts the lawn.

So thats my plans for today.
Velda have fun cleaning the windows.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:59 am

Good morning it is sunny and warm today in the 70s...Grand daughters are still sleeping and will be for a couple of more hours. they had a campfire last night and made smores...i went to bed early as these sleepless nights have caught up with me. but I was up at 6 as usual. I have been sorting fabric...scrap bins were just left overs tossed in their color. Some was cut offs from quilts after quilting..If a fabric wasnt a complete WOF I toss it into the bin...or so I thought,,,some was tossed in so it was ironed and put back in the wof shelf. oothers I have been cuttung into Fqs and the rest is strips and squares,,,I AM throwing a lot away...I will keep this up till i have a nice neat stash and feel like sewing again,
I also am trying to wash walls..I did the stair way,,,and inorder to do this I have to take down the gallery of photos..this is no big deal but putting them back up is there are maybe 40-50
...I had to reframe some and change out others,,,so now to hang them all back up is some semblance of even ness...on the stairs with out any misshaps. By the way command strips are the best,,not a single paint mishaps...so is my days. well hope your days are filled with adventure and empty of mishaps...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:02 am

Good morning. Very rough night sleeping for me. My foot is back in the Tall knee high boot for 2 weeks. Then two weeks wearing sneakers then I am back to seeing the dr. Seems when I took the step while walking at the Strata Center I torn some scar tissue. OUCH πŸ˜“ for sure!!! I am bummed because I can’t go swimming and doing aerobics but I can sit in the cool hot tub. With the weather being so hot πŸ₯΅ it is actually heating the water on it own.
Today is Ear Dr appt and pick up glasses at Costco. First pair after my eye surgery last December. Praying all goes well. I can actually see so much better if I raise my eyebrows πŸ˜‚πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ
Praying Costco will have a cart for me to ride.

Grammiequilts WOW 🀩 sure hope you took pictures before you took them down. Will LOVE to see one when you are finished. Thank you for the tip about the strips.

Lois. Have a great day doing things at home. Do you have a to do list?? Sure hope to see a picture of your Gnomes quilt. My daughter LOVEs ❀️ them!!! Just picked up the Daily Deal yesterday with the Gnomes fabrics. Disney, Gnomes and Blood Oncology is the life of Courtney. That plus being told she had 6 weeks to move because instead of honoring a verbal contract with the landlord they decided to sell it. Ugh 😩

Velda. I know what you mean about the screens. Sometimes I get so frustrated I just punch them out πŸ˜‚πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:22 am

Morning
Slept late, so running late. Hanq quilting group this morning then housework. Will also go get Joe from truck yard sometime this afternoon.
Catch up later.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:31 am

Good morning,

JUDI, that is a big job - washing the stairwell and then dealing with all those photos. And then all the scraps! I don't cut up my scraps. I have a plastic iris cart with 4 drawers - whites, lights, meds, darks - and anything smaller than about 10" goes in there. If I cut them up, I always need a different size than what I cut them. Murphy's Law. So I leave them as they are. And I have a crazy quilt under construction, about 1/3 finished, that uses scraps in any shape. I'm on my third postage stamp quilt made from 1-1/2" squares. I use the little squares as jump scraps and pretty soon (about a year) I have a quilt!

VELDA - washing windows and screens is another big job I don't enjoy. I can never get the screens back in. Your sew-along blocks look really nice! I don't do much with FB and I didn't see your friend request but Bill did and he accepted you into the fold. :D

LOIS - glad your test came out well.

MARY Q - did you get your hair cut? Just a trim or did you do a drastic change? Mine is getting longer and some days curlier. For the moment, I'm letting it grow, but usually I get tired of it and go really short again. So do you take the kids individually for school shopping? Lists are very expensive these days. And I don't even know what half the stuff is either! At least the last list I saw, I didn't. My grands are in late 20's now, so it's been a while. Glad you like your dishwasher!

SHARONA - I will be happy to share my crockpot breakfast recipe! It says to cook 10-12 hours. But I found 7-8 hours is plenty. What's going on in the 4-S these days?

SHERRY - glad you got your mowing done. What do you do with all the puzzles you decoupage? Do you have a lot of walls? I enjoy jig-saw puzzles, too. I save the ones I especially like to work again later but others I drop off at hospital surgery waiting rooms.

FLO - time flies when you're having fun! :roll:

Two trailers left yesterday, but not without a little drama. After our big breakfast all together the first couple went to pull in their slide and it wouldn't budge. All four guys were crawling around under the trailer and figured out that a pin in the mechanism had broken. And part of it was stuck in the shaft and part had fallen out. It was about 1-1/2 hours working to get it out. Bill used a big nail and special tool to pound it out. Then they needed the specially-sized pin to replace. And another of the guys had that! He just carries an extra because he read that this is not an uncommon problem. Now everyone will be carrying those pins! Great relief as they finally got the rig back together and everything worked purrfectly! This is good because this trailer was blocking the other one wanting to make his getaway (the one who had the needed part and saved the day!). Bob & Betsy will leave this morning. We loved having everyone here but we are both tired. I guess we're getting old. We went to bed at 8:30 last night and slept 9 hours last night. And we forgot, we're not done yet. Two OTHER couples are coming for supper tonite! So glad I made a big pan of green chili chix enchiladas last week and froze them. Some Mexican Rice'a'Roni and refried beans, add a salad, and we'll have a great feast! We have cheesecake and birthday cake and ice cream for dessert and we'll eat outside on the patio by the propane campfire. Can't have a real fire because of fireban. Then we have 10 days until my sis and DBIL arrive in their RV!

Despite all the busy-ness here I've found a few hours now and then to work on my Gypsy Dancer. I have 4-1/2 of the 10 sections sewn together. Once Bob & Betsy leave and we get some uglies done, I will have a little sewing time today, I think. I hope.

Have a great day!
mary z

womster

Post by womster » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:34 am

Good morning!

Vel – hope you get thru all your window washing today.

Lois – that’s great news about your circulation test. I love fresh sheet day.

Judi – yum to the smores. Wow that is a lot of pictures to take care of. I know you’ll be careful in the stairway. That’s great news about the command strips – I always wondered.

Teresa – sorry about the foot. I hope you do find a cart at Costco and that you love your new glasses.
Flo – have fun today, even though you are running late.

Maryz - I figured we'd be posting at the same time. I'm looking forward to the recipe. I'm not real swift first thing in the morning, so anything that can be made the night before is a winner in my books. I'm working on my Christmas blocks right now. I want to get them done before the Ohio girls get here, which is in ten days.

I’m headed into work today. Then home to sew. We were blessed with some rain yesterday, so I don’t have to water plants before I go – yay! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:12 am

Well it's now 10:05am. I am quitting for the day. I didn't totally finish ALL the windows. I still have two in hallway and bedroom. When I do them tomorrow morning, I will also pull our mattress back and make sure no dust bunnies are multiplying.
It's a great feeling to have these windows clean.
Hubby is treating me to lunch at DQ. No ice cream for me, but I still enjoy. My new favorite to order is crispy chicken salad with their house ranch dressing. My husband likes $6 lunch special ( chicken strips, fries, drink and ice cream sundae) I used to do that too, but not a good choice for a Diebetic.
Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:34 am

Good morning!

Been busy working on a change for one of the hymns for Sunday. Trying to decide between two favorites. It's like asking who your favorite child is.

Not much sewing is getting done in the Batt Cave. Lending my organizational skills to help Michael. I have always been good at bringing order out of chaos. When we lay down the new flooring, it will fit around my sewing area, not disturbing anything. The big island is affixed to the floor and does not move. So the same with the big table for the railroad Daniel built. Most of the other railroad tables are attached to the walls. There's a rule in model railroad that everything is attached securely and not move, ever! That rule is adhered too here!

So as per my usual, boring day, it will be just what is needed here!

Hugs,
Jana

Return to β€œSew ins”