Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday July 20th 2021

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Tuesday July 20th 2021

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:03 am

Good morning I had a night, of not being able to sleep soundly..I kept waking up so I decided to get up before Ken make his lunch and breakfast throw in a load of laundry and get the quilt loaded on to the LA...the rest of the house is sleeping ( the girls) I made the bed and will now get a second cup of coffee. Having the girls here means no nap today..
We did go to HL yesterday I found a cute little sign for my camper..It says "Let the Adventure Begin" I bought a couple of skiens of cotton yarn for dish clothes ( $2 on clearance) but after we got home the girls lost interest in crochet lessons, ( I will try again) they do not want to quilt or sew) I may have to give up and let them do what they wish...watch movies and phones and video games. They do go outside and ride their bikes we have a park right down the street with biking trails . They get very excited when they see wild life deer and rabbits mostly. Well that sit for me have a great day,,,I will have a long one..XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Re: Tuesday July 20th 2021

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:06 am

Good morning!

I too am up early, couldn't stay asleep. The other day I slightly tweaked my good knee and of course, flared up the arthritis in it. I can barely hobble for the last couple of days, but am much better at the moment. A little topical pain reliver and a bunch of Advil!

Ethan will be here today. He's "not in the mood" for a trip to Logan, about a 2 hour drive each way. Sarah needs some of her "legal for her to eat" flour. There's a specialty flour mill up in Logan that makes it. This makes it so she can have a piece of bread to eat.

I played in the Batt Cave yesterday. Finished shortening my jeans. I so hate hemming! Cleared and cleaned my sewing island and gathered up all the toys that were out. So glad for a office chair with wheels! More of same down there today. Michael is working on the drawing plan with final dimensions for the next section of railroad table to build. Our handyman will be finished today with the middle section of the ceiling. He and Michael will take inventory of what pieces parts are left so we can order the final materials for the last section of the ceiling. Then I can start making the final decision on the flooring and get that underway.

Well, that's the plan here. Here's a thought to share - what in your life makes you happy? And are you doing that now? Mine today, is doing something for another, something that can give them a happy!

Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:53 am

Morning
Yesterday I got Joe off to N Dakota. Had a productive day even though I planned on doing nothing.
Baby quilt had 1 row left yesterday morning, now its down to 1/2 a row...not bad for an old lady hand quilter. Baby still has not made her appearance.
Today I will get a little more yard work done....maybe.
Now its coffee time.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:18 am

Good morning,

BECCA - it was a joy to see your post! What a journey you are on! Are you able to get around OK or do you need a walker, cane, or ?? I pray any pain is manageable.

JANA - Nice to see the end of the ceiling in sight. But you just got a lot of work done on the RR with Daniel there and now you're going to take it all up to do flooring? What will you and Ethan be doing today?

LORI - I hope your procedure went well and all is well today

JUDI - I would love to see your girls develop an interest in something creative. It would be fun to get them started on making Christmas gifts for family. I have been known to write short adventure/mystery stories spoofing my siblings and giving them as birthday gifts. They loved them! Is your star quilt on the frame yet?

KATY - I really hope your shoulder heals quickly. I would LOVE homegrown onions! What kind are they?

MARY Q - Happy Birthday to your Brennan! I bet Cabela's would be a great place to work! My great nephew worked there for several years and he got a terrific employee discount and one weekend a year that discount was extended to family so my brother, Albert (his grandpa) and Bill stocked up on manly things.

VELDA - I hope the right folks give your trailer a good home! when our friends in TX moved out of their 40' Redwood fiver and into a home they had a huge garage sale in the park and got rid of a lot of their stuff that way. There is a very hot market right now for used RV's of all kinds. I don't think you'll have much trouble selling it.

CHRISS - your can-do attitude is so admirable! You will do this!

It's busy times here. Another trailer rolled in yesterday. Our friends, Bob & Betsy of double lung transplant. She is in her tenth year post-transplant and failing, but we're loving that she's able and willing to make the trip from Oregon to visit us. One last trailer ( and dog!) will arrive about noon today. This is upsetting Vicki. She is chanting, ringing bells, and pounding her drum. She was out in the middle of the road yesterday. Again. Police were called and brought her home. Bill talked to them. All law enforcement are very familiar with her. Foxy is dealing with the dogs pretty well. He is an indoor/outdoor cat. He goes wherever he wants. He gets high up and just watches all the doggy activity with cat-ly disdain. But his ears are tipped and his eyes wide and angry. lol!

Today I will bring the big cake out of the freezer that I made last week and get it frosted. It's Bill's birthday cake for the party which is tonite. It's also another birthday in this party crowd as well as an anniversary and an engagement announcement so lots to celebrate. I also am bringing baked beans. So I'm going to be busy in the kitchen this morning.

And we are having a little bit of rain this morning! I don't think it's measurable, but we'll take what we can get!

Now I'm off to shower and get started.

Mary Z

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:28 am

Family is here and having so much fun. We have a big house so everyone can have private space if they want to. In between the nutty time, I am able to get a few blocks for the Breezy windmills from Missouri star. When I saw Daryl (from andover fabric) in April- she gave me a beautiful fat quarter bundle with bright colors. Finally found pattern I wanted to use them for.

The house is noisy now but after they leave--I'll miss it so bad. Joe and Fran will be back for Harley's 1st birthday. Little bundle of smiles. Her older sister, Riley, is very proud of her because now she claps her hands. Too cute.

Breaksfast calls and coffee ready. Have a great day.
Diane

Maryz- did you get my package?

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:51 am

DIANE - you have a happy houseful! Yes, I did get your package for the comfort quilts and thanked you in two previous sew-ins. also in a PM. You've probably been just too happily busy to catch them! The two completed blue/white tops are purrfect for our comfort project. A real blessing to have the tops already completed! THANK YOU! also thank you for the dozen bindings. And especially for writing the lengths on each binding. That helps a lot! You are truly an angel! Thank you!

Your Comfort Committee
Tina R, Chickie, and Mary Z

womster

Post by womster » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:56 am

Good morning!

Just dropping by to post saying I can't post as we are late for the dog spa! xoxo Sharona

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:03 am

Good Cloudy Morning........

I can't believe how much rain we have had this not a complaint I love the rain. It's 72* & a bit chilly. LOL, Last night I needed 2 quilts including the one you, my friends gave me.

I spilled a little milk in the cable box = no TV in the living room. It did force me into the sewing room for TV & I've cleaned most of it up. Tomorrow the 'cable man' comes. They are mailing me the box, hope it comes before the guy does.

Today I want to make Cranberry Bread as a thank you to my neighbors that picked up my mail the last 2 weeks.

I now have my car back!!!! Now all I need is a pair of pants that fit & I'm out of here!

Judi........sorry you didn't sleep well. Teens are so easily distracted by their gadgets.

Jana........hope your knee is doing better today. I have no cartilage in my knees, ouch that can hurt. Ethan will be happy when he gets to your house.

Flo......Can't wait to see the baby quilt.

Maryz......enjoy your visit with Bob & Betsy. Here's hoping Vicky behaves her self. Happy Birthday to Bill!

Love & Prays.....................Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”