Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday July 19th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday July 19th

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:33 am

Good morning,,,I have grand daughters today and if they decide to get up we may go to hobby lobby today,,,I also have to go grocery shopping, so that will be my day. hope yours is as adventerous...I might try to work on a quit today and see if I can get the girls to engage in a craft of some type, or maybe we will make monkey bread,,,its a challenge to get them to do much besides sit on phones,,,wish me luck XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

womster

Re: Monday July 19th

Post by womster » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:51 am

Good morning!

Judi - good luck. I hope they take you up on your offer and at least make bread. Out of my nine granddaughters, only three want anything to do with the crafts.

Mary/Rose - it was wonderful to hear from you yesterday! I'm glad they have something that will counteract the problem and that you are hanging in there.

Today we are headed to Costco and to get bloodwork (for me). I am sad to report that after treating the fabric with both Retayne and Synthrapol, after sixteen washes, the red STILL bleeds. It must be my water is all I can figure. I officially throw in the towel on the red and will use green. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:00 am

Good morning,

JUDI - I hope your day holds little adventure, but maybe just a little excitement? How far did you get on the quilt? I hope your sheetrock goes up soon. Will you have any sort of heat source when you are completely done? I've seen electric fireplaces that look like the real thing but are lightweight and you can move them when you change furniture around. Cozy but without the mess of wood or hassle of gas.

MARY ROSE - so good to see you here! I'm happy they were finally able to pinpoint your problems. Do they know the cause? And is there any fix? I'm ready to see a picture of your X-st label!

SHARONA - so sorry for the loss of your Ex-BIL. Thanks for your info on that third dishwasher rack. Does it give you less room in the lower racks though, or is the inside of your dishwasher bigger? I'm so glad you found out about that red fabric before using it! Do you know the maker of the fabric? Hope you didn't buy too much of it. I save every little scrap down to 1-1/2" squares but I think I would toss that material clear into Kansas!

CHRISS - we just heard of the Tamarack Fire last night. EVery year I think fires can't get any worse yet every year they seem to.

MARY Q - dog and cat hair. I would be underdressed if I weren't sporting a coat of hair. And thread bits. How's the dishwasher working out?

KATY - so sorry about your shoulder. Is sewing good for it? If I sew too much - and I always do - I get pinched somewhere and my hands go numb at night. So back to the chiro for treatment and exercises. When I get shots in my arm, I always get them in my right (dominant) arm so I use it more and get less soreness.

Yesterday was a fun day at Cabela's with our grandson, Drew. He is 28 and looking at guns. He does a lot of backcountry hiking and camping and wants something for safety. So he is on a fact-finding mission and asked Pop (that's Bill) for info on making his choice. I went looking at clothes and shoes and found a pair of sandals I liked. Hope they are comfy. When we got home, we had lunch together and after Drew left I had a few hours to sew. My GD3 is assembled in 10 sections and I have 3 sections put together now.

Today our second campers are rolling in. We are so lucky to be blessed with such special friends. Foxy feels less blessed as each of these special friends is bringing a DOG! lol! I am sitting out on our deck with my coffee and all y'all and I have roosters crowing, hens cackling, squirrels chirping, bunnies scampering, and birds singing. I love where I live!

Have a great day!
mary z

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:22 am

Judi, hope you are able to get the girls interested in a craft.

Mary, I bet Foxy is not a happy cat. Molly barely tolerates Jack and Wrigley. When Jonathan brings his dogs she lives in the bedroom the entire time and won't come out.

Sharona, what a shame about the red fabric.

I have a small procedure this morning, so I won't be doing much today. I pulled out my hexie quilt over the weekend. I'm going to try and finally finish it. I started it at least 10 years ago. It come out and then goes back in the closet again.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:30 am

Good morning ladies

Its my left shoulder and I am right handed. Well the chiro told me I could sew. lol I cannot garden because I have to use both arms to lift or use big cutters. It still hurts if I do too much. I may have to see a Doctor about a shot. I am exercising it and putting ice and wet heat on it.
Well Ladies this the last week of sew along. I hope you have all enjoyed it . I have . You can either make a smaller quilt , add a center block , or make a few more blocks. With sashing and corner stones all of your quilts will be beautiful. Of course mine will be a little late but I am working on it. I have got most of my half square triangles made. I have 12 more pink ones to make and I will start sewing together around center basket. I am really getting excited to see how this comes out. I have my sashing and corner stones picked out. I will have Maryq post a picture of center when I have it completed. A big Thank you to her for posting my pictures.
Well I need more coffee then into sewing hide out.

You all have a great sewing day and have fun out there
Katy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:36 am

And I'm back for a few min.

LORI - I whipped my first hexi quilt out in just 12 years, start to finish. And finished was 2004. I still have to make a label. lol! I started me second (though I swore I'd never do another one!) about 4 years ago. Taking a long break from it right now.

KATY - does your chiro work with laser therapy? Mine does. I've never needed it but he says they have had great success with some patients and is totally non-invasive.

mz

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:38 am

Good morning.
Judi, fun day with the girls. Makes me wish my granddaughters lived closer. Good to be you !
Sharona, I know you have struggled with this red fabric. In all your trials, have you soaked it in white vinegar. I was always told that vinegar helps to set in the dye. Just curious.
Maryz, what a fun day for you, too. I am sure kitty is kinda troubled with extra dogs around. Is Foxy strictly indoors, or does kitty go outside, too?
We got laundry done early. We are back and enjoying our second cuppa. ☕ need to start taking my pictures and decorations down. I have boxes for them, since that's what I always did each time we traveled.
Getting ready to post our ad out on a Facebook local camping group. Thinking maybe I should post on my news feed. It would reach out to more people, but I am really only wanting to reach people who want to buy it and keep the campsite since we want to include our shed, mower, portable fire pit, and lots of other things.
One couple already in the park has shown interest, but they will need to sell their unit first. That could be tricky.
Just wait and see. But may post ad anyway, first come, gets it, I guess
Katy, you snuck in here ahead of me.
I am anxious to see your plan with a bigger center focus block.
I am not sure what my plan will be until I begin playing around with a lay out.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:43 am

Good morning!

We have warmth and cloud cover, so that may help and create a thunderstorm. It's getting to be that time of year here. And I saw a hurricane brewing off Baja.

Not much here. Our handyman will be here and I am calling the window washing company. I want their package that cleans both inside and outside , the screens and the window slider tracks.

I will work on a quilt top that I only have a few more pieces to make, and then I can assemble the top. It's from El's Still Stripping book, but I can't remember the name. I am doing it in very spring/summery colors. I will look at the name when I get down there. This quilt top has been very patient waiting in the drawer for me to finish.

Do fun things!
Hugs,
Jana

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:56 am

Yes Mary he does laser therapy. You should have been there when he worked on my shoulder. I bit my tongue or he would have lost his ear drums. I just need to learn not to over do. I did go out and pull the rest of my onions Right arm only.
I cannot wait to see your 30's version of sew a long.
Velda Sorry I just needed to get on line early. :lol:
I am going to go sew my last pink hst I did cut my 22 inch blocks to turn center basket into square. My sew along quilt is growing. But need to get the center done before I can cut sashing or corner stones.
I got to get more coffee. Then into sewing room.
O Mary has last week sew a long block out there Its easy.

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:14 am

Good Morning Girls

Yup, it's another HOT one here.. I sure do admire my DDIL for getting up, and dressed and out to the barn to much out stalls.. YUK...

Judi... Don't you wonder why those girls never get totally bored staring at phones all day! I practically have to drag Evie out of her room! She will come and help me with projects, but as soon as we're done.. she's right back in her room. Unless she has the option to go ride a horse... I'm tempted to remove the doors from their rooms so they have no place to hide! :lol: :lol:

Sharon.... I've been hit or miss here lately with all the fussin' around my house, so I've missed most of your saga about red bleeding. Once upon a time my Mom suggested washing a "bled" piece in dishwasher detergent... I'm not sure of the theory, but it seemed to help. Keep in mind this was YEARS ago. Are you working on Christmas Swap blocks? I'm good with green!! :lol: :lol:

Maryz.... Being a former beautician... hair doesn't both me,... I just like to keep ahead of it so I sure am vacuuming more often now! Or should I say.. the kids are vacuuming! I am loving my new dishwasher... I don't know how they did it, but it sure is bigger inside... and it has the third rack on top. And it's so wonderfully quiet! Now I need a fridge... with 5 people in the house, the one I have (a side by side) is just not big enough. Either that, or I'll need a "beer fridge" :lol: :lol: Brennen LOVES Cabela's!!! There's one 8 miles from my house... He's thinking about applying for a job there!

Lori.... A small procedure? I hope all goes well!

Katy.... It has been fun doing a sew along.... can't believe how fast these weeks have gone! I'm kind of anxious to get mine together!

Velda.... I wish you all good luck in selling your RV... You just never know... somebody might know somebody etc etc.. and it will be just the thing they are looking for. I bet you are a little excited to get settled in your new place!

Jana... Thanks for the order to "Do fun things" but I don't think scrubbing the bathroom floor counts :lol: :lol: That's first on my list here this morning... oh and wash some sheets.... and vacuum dog hair. BUT I am determined to get in the sewing room today... I'm making good progress getting things re-organized a bit and I'm just itching to work on one of my many projects!

Yesterday was a fun fun day! Brennen turned 17 and we had cake and ice cream and Kevin and Sara and kids came... lots of noise and activity! Brennen finally let me trim his hair for him... he wears it quite long and it gets super curly in the humidity... we just nipped off the split ends. And Shawn got a much needed hair cut too, though we used the clipper on him... see it's nice to have a beautician in the family after all.

Bren is up and just unloaded dishwasher, so I think it's Evie's turn to vacuum... and maybe clean litter box! :lol: :lol:

Wishing you all a Marvelous Monday!

Return to “Sew ins”